Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
Arrowneous wrote:
To all OG farmers... NEVER GIVE UP!

Hope I find one tonight. Really want to start this league. This is my fourth farm. Usually I go for 2 (Play one character and when I'm sick of progressing I'll go hit Twilight Strand for 30 minutes or so).

Keep going strong. You could get lucky and get UH in < level 7 but across 15 swords (and counting) to date my best was level 6.7 but typically I see my first UH at level 7.2x (it was level 7.25 in Betrayal) and of course then there are the horrors of a level 9 exile (as seen above) that are just insane to the max on grind. If your gaming rig is in the same room as your tv at least you can grind away when viewing shows that you don't need to be attentively watching.

Arrowneous, uber Hillock hunter signing out for now.  :)

[/quote]

I found 2. both before level 7. Yeet
"
xVINCEREx wrote:
Man, to say that I quit Betrayal because autopilot skills got to ruin my fun. I played so much Arc, Brands, totems that I ended disgusted by the game.

And after 2 weeks away, here I came again just to farm Oni and nothing else, out of boredom. After getting it I told myself "I gotta do something with it". Went Consecrated Path Chieftain and man, I'm having the best time ever again! Melee is so fun, so engaging. It's been leagues I stopped playing melee and to play it now that everyone whines "Melee is dead" gives it a special flavour lol.

I'm really in love with her voice. "BUUURN!"

Yes, the voice actress for Charan's Sword is great. I hope GGG can afford to make more talking unique weapons in the future. My first encounter of a vocal weapon was back in 2016 with a Jack, the Axe. The very limited dialogue was fun and I wanted more so the Oni-Goroshi fills the bill nicely.

I went with the meta Mathil Tectonic Slam Jugg with my 1st Betrayal Oni. I don't care that it's a "meta" or "me too" follow the dots type of build. I'm having great fun with it and that's why I'm still here playing and that's what counts.

*** Note to GGG*** "More talking weapons please".
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
kharper6 wrote:
I found 2. both before level 7. Yeet

Lucky dog. I've never had that kind of rng luck. I'm just glad I finally got my old Delve exile off the beach. I'd say the 90% crit roll makes up for having to go the full grind distance into level 9 but no, it doesn't completely ease that kind of grind pain. Oh well, OG grinding does have it's drawbacks and we know that after the reveal of how to farm it back in December of 2017 and too many players running with one that league that GGG is happy with the higher grind and so it's "working as intended".
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

I tried making a comeback to the league but I can't, I just don't like the syndicate mechanic.

I'm thinking about trying to farm Oni Goroshi for the first time ever just for the sake of farming it. Anything I should know before jumping in? The only thing I know is that I should make 4 characters and rotate between them, and Uber Hillock has a chance to spawn only after I reach level 5(?)

Last edited by golan4840 on Jan 19, 2019, 2:06:35 PM
I usually make 3 characters, but I also take my time.
Ranged is better, trust me I did it melee and it substantially harder imho.
Still play SSF on my main account :)
"
golan4840 wrote:
I tried making a comeback to the league but I can't, I just don't like the syndicate mechanic.

I'm thinking about trying to farm Oni Goroshi for the first time ever just for the sake of farming it. Anything I should know before jumping in? The only thing I know is that I should make 4 characters and rotate between them, and Uber Hillock has a chance to spawn only after I reach level 5(?)

Pick the Scion if you can (#1 easiest to kill UH with ST) or my favorite the Witch (I get UH to play fireball on the beach). The others are melee and while killing zombies is easy-peasy with any class these 2 classes are easier to kill UH with.

Other important fact is that the UH Leap Slam attack is what generates his minions and if you can face tank him he won't leap slam. Charan mentioned that a few months back and I tried to face tank UH with my last witch and it almost worked (he did leap twice on me) but it was significantly easier to kill UH. My witch died once but if you do just log back in immediately and resume the UH battle.

Other than that it's just mentally preparing yourself for the "rinse and repeat" of 1000+ beach runs to get to finally play with UH. An alcoholic beverage or 2 (or 3) really helps to settle in for the long grind. Pounding sand is not for the instant gratification crowd.

Play a 3 beach farmer rotation if you are going for just 1 Oni or a 4 farmer rotation if you want a 2nd Oni. Only requirement is to wait 90 seconds on a build before using it again to get the zone to reset.

Another day, another possibility of playing ball on the beach with uber Hillock:

Nice leveling radiance.

So many nasties killed... but where do they all come from?
Once I reach level 7 20%... "Oh uber Hillock, uber Hillock. It is such a wonderful calm morning on the beach. Won't you come out and play with me? My fireball will warm you up on this cold January morning"... "Pretty please?"

Ah, there you are again UH (now this looks familiar):

Oh you poor brute. That awful sword is causing you so much pain. What bad luck Charan must have had to be so close to the heart but missing it and the vital arteries too. Charan must either be dead or very sad over the loss of his majestic sword.

Shall we play ball once again... oh goodie goodie!:
Spoiler

How nice of you to catch my fireball. Oh such fun times we have Ubie!

OUCH!!!. Face tanking UH is a very tricky dance of death.

So long UH. Until we meet again in another Ground Hog Day moment of time.

Ah... the prized Charan Sword...

Oh my goodness! Two 90% crit rolls in a row (my last witch Oni farmer got a 90% crit). What are the odds against that. I thank you RNGesus.  :)

What's that about wanting a bath? I hadn't payed attention to her (Charan's Sword) comments about desiring a bath until now. Then again in act 4 at The Aqueduct and in Act 9 at The Blood Aqueduct she talks about desiring a bath (but never in this blood fowled and polluted place). These are nice dialogue threads that mostly go un-noticed. I wonder if Charan had a hand in the writing of her dialogue?

I have now confirmed with this UH battle that UH will leap slam just before he dies. I face tanked him all the way and near the end of his life while I was in his face he leap slammed and killed my witch. Another "working as intended" moment from GGG. At least my link to the WDC realm is clean this morning so no worries about dieing. A quick log back in and run back to UH to kill him.

This is one very strange post, but I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.

Yes, as far as Wraeclast is concerned, Charan, the first wielder worthy of Her voice, is long dead. I don't even know how he got there, but I suspect with The Atlas of Worlds in play, it's not unthinkable that other source worlds might connect somehow to Wraeclast.

But thankfully it's an incredibly rare event. Imagine if a source world far more technologically advanced than Wraeclast found its way there...hm, I suspect harbingers were either that or from the distant future. The only two possibilities I can consider regarding them and their alien ways.

Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
As you can tell from my previous UH battle postings (just over 1 year ago for the first Oni sword) that I'm "all in" on the whole immersion of play here with Oni-Goroshi farming. From referring to the zombies as "nasties" to the UH battle as "the dance of death" to even being sad about his plight, always and forever condemned to wander the Twilight Strand Beach in pain until an exile comes along to put him out of his misery (at least until the damn Syndicate resurrects him for their evil purposes).

Thanks again for creating such a wonderful sword and thanks to GGG for making its acquisition attainable at the beginning of game and not in the endgame or just some super low random drop event such that any player (new or vet) can acquire one.

Edit: So I guess if you don't know about her talking about desiring a bath after the UH kill and then again later in the aqueducts that you (Charan aka The_Scourge) didn't get to help create the sword dialogues. I guess the cost of entry to be able to design a unique item doesn't include anything else. But since Charan's sword is the only real talking weapon (Jack, the Axe only mutters a few words and isn't intelligent) then this is a special one-off project by GGG. The cost of writing the dialogues, getting a voice actor to record them, and coding into the game is cost prohibitive for TencentGGG to want to do any more (even though from a player perspective I think it's great).

Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 21, 2019, 9:55:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that charan made ALL of her voice lines this time.

For some reason he wasn't allowed to do a couple of lines for The Goddess Unleashed back when that sword was created, but he made sure to have all the voice lines set in stone for Oni-Goroshi.

He was allowed to rework TGU into OG due to the sword losing a large part of it's voice lines when 3.0 hit. I personally really like the dialogue, but a lot of people don't. Too bad that now Sin says his weird voice lines at the exact same time as OG after slaying a god... it's really annoying.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info