BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

"
Xenocult wrote:
@Some_Day or anyone else running this setup.

What's your health at this league? Trying to get an idea if i'm way off. I'll probably be hitting close to 5k by lvl80, just trying to gauge.

Edit: It'll come out to a bit over 5k actually. Probably somewhere between 5100-5200

I am about 6.4k at the moment, I will replace the 2 pyre rings and jewels and go up to 7.5k
Last edited by Some_Day on Mar 12, 2018, 4:28:56 AM
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
Xenocult wrote:
@Some_Day or anyone else running this setup.

What's your health at this league? Trying to get an idea if i'm way off. I'll probably be hitting close to 5k by lvl80, just trying to gauge.

Edit: It'll come out to a bit over 5k actually. Probably somewhere between 5100-5200

BTW great place to check these things is poe.ninja, for example list of Hierophants using Scorched Ray in this league:
http://poe.ninja/builds?class=Hierophant&skill=Scorching%20Ray

It shows there is really wide range of HP possible... :-)

Great link! I am the bottom of the list. The top hierophant is also using the same build as I am

http://poe.ninja/builds?class=Hierophant&skill=Scorching%20Ray&league=Hardcore%20Bestiary
Last edited by Some_Day on Mar 12, 2018, 4:28:44 AM
Hey some_day,

Great guide! Never played a RF/SR build but having a blast. Just looking for opinions on what I should prioritise gear and tree wise. Im finding bosses die quick and RF melts packs but sometimes I can be a bit squishy especially against porcupines.

Any advice would be great!

Hi,

I'm unsure what to upgrade next as this is my first time playing RF/SR totems. I'm doing alright now except i feel a bit squishy when running T10 maps or higher. Third day of playing on BHC.

I'm currently leveling my enlighten so I can only run 2 purity auras for now, as well as leveling my other skill gems to 20 (21 if needed).

I'm at 6,6k hp but my other layers of defense seem to lack a bit. I assume this is due to not having any phys damage taken conversion yet? Should I rush a 6 link LC, taste of hate and a watcher's eye next?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer, every bit of help is appreciated.

Here's my gear:

I am close to level 88 too. forgot to mention that.
Last edited by DMAMLOL on Mar 12, 2018, 6:13:50 AM
"
Hi,

I'm unsure what to upgrade next as this is my first time playing RF/SR totems. I'm doing alright now except i feel a bit squishy when running T10 maps or higher. Third day of playing on BHC.

I'm currently leveling my enlighten so I can only run 2 purity auras for now, as well as leveling my other skill gems to 20 (21 if needed).

I'm at 6,6k hp but my other layers of defense seem to lack a bit. I assume this is due to not having any phys damage taken conversion yet? Should I rush a 6 link LC, taste of hate and a watcher's eye next?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer, every bit of help is appreciated.

Here's my gear:

Hey I am the build creator and I am also in BHC, message me if you want ingame help, IGN: WieldTheScepter

This My first character who hasn't died, Here's my gear which I am running tier 15 corrupted maps and Red Elder guardians, red elder when I 6l my chest:

Your first upgrade should be to get a rare marble amulet, then opal rings and belly of the beast for huge hp boost.

You shouldnt feel squishy, shield charge into packs and use common sense. And always keep ruby up as you get into the fray.

I also suggest you run immortal flesh as it has amazing regen.

My next upgrade is to get rid of my pyre rings into opal or kaom's sign and 6l my belly, I don't have much time to play hense the slow progress GL!

I just upgraded myself with this - with +3 unset you can get another %1 to max fire resist! I'll now probably get rid of Vitality...

"
Some_Day wrote:
"
Hi,

Here's my gear:

Hey I am the build creator and I am also in BHC, message me if you want ingame help, IGN: WieldTheScepter

This My first character who hasn't died, Here's my gear which I am running tier 15 corrupted maps and Red Elder guardians, red elder when I 6l my chest:

Your first upgrade should be to get a rare marble amulet, then opal rings and belly of the beast for huge hp boost.

You shouldnt feel squishy, shield charge into packs and use common sense. And always keep ruby up as you get into the fray.

My next upgrade is to get rid of my pyre rings into opal or kaom's sign and 6l my belly, I don't have much time to play hense the slow progress GL!

I see. I'll keep on working towards those upgrades and i sent u a friend request in game for when you come online!

I'm gonna swap my belt into immortal flesh now but i'm running on a 20c budget so rest of that will have to wait a bit :D
Gear update (level 90 currently, beaten everything except for Uber Elder (didn't try yet, missing last memory fragment) and Chimera (I hate that fight):

Still missing helmet enchant, lvl 21 gems and a decent Watcher's Eye (trying to get double purity, but might settle for purity + vitality recovery - thus loosing 1 purity over vitality). Also contemplating on replacing the Belly with lightning coil. Maybe try to get a bit more dex to free up 1 point from the tree (took one 30 dex node).

Another option for the chest armor could be a Elder base essence crafted for 15% phys taken as cold, provided the HP roll comes off decent and with a +1 lvl to support gems or Shaped base with +1 active gems.

Also, I've been thinking to get Rise of the Phoenix instead of Saffel's frame considering it would give decent HP, more armor, flat regen as well as enable attacks block and could be a better phys defensive option (while I do realize that +4% max lightning/cold res is huge in terms of light/cold mitigation, this build has more issues with physical anyways (also most builds get along with 75/76 all res, were defaulting to 79% anyways).

The plan for further levels if I do decide to level would be another jewel socket at 93 and then +1 endurance charge at 95 (or levels 92/94 respectively if I can make up for the +30 dex node).
Last edited by Palaryel on Mar 12, 2018, 10:04:32 AM
"
Some_Day wrote:

Hey! Thanks for the build, been using it in BHC and loving it. Quick question: what are you currently doing for phys mitigation? Is your armor enough, or are you doing something that can't be seen from your gear? You posted some time ago about maybe removing Immortal Call and taking Endurance Charge increases on the passive tree to achieve sufficient mitigation so you don't need Coil. Is this still the plan?

Asking cause I'm scared of big hits ripping me, Coil seems like a suboptimal chest, and I'm too poor for Taste of Hate as of now.
Last edited by Ladamar on Mar 12, 2018, 4:21:08 PM
@Some_Day

How are you getting so much regen? I'm looking at your pob link and all i can see is 6.8 but your total life regen is 987.4. I can't seem to break 544.0 with my setup but its not cutting it and i still can't negate righteous fire. I even wen as far as grabbing a lil more life regen % on the tree rather than a couple jewel nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info