[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Kirbmon wrote:

how good is this amulet compared to pandemonius?

Pandemonius is a lot better.

In the guide PoB, pandemonius would give over 600k more dps.

"
dimon222 wrote:
From patch notes, multistrike is fixed:
"Fixed a client crash that could occur when using various Melee skills (including Flicker Strike) supported by Melee Splash Support or Multistrike Support."

That's a different issue than the one we have with multistrike.
When I talk about multistrike being bugged, I'm referring to the damage calculation in Path of Building, and the bug in game which caused Multistrike to only repeat the first attack over and over, meaning it didn't apply the %more damage bonus.

Not sure if the last one got fixed, but the one in PoB still remains afaik, which is why I'm using a flask to simulate it.

"
bjoorrn wrote:
Hi! Could someone check my character out and see where I can buff my damage? I'm not even close to 8m on shaper (:

I'm really sorry but I have to run to work, and I won't be back home in over 10 hours. If no one else has been able to help you until then, I'll have a look.

"
ikordan wrote:
Sup, anny suggestions about what to improve, not including body with add curse? And can you send some examples of curse bodys

I'm really sorry but I have to run to work, and I won't be back home in over 10 hours.
As for body with curse, I think there's not really much point in going for that. It's just overkill really.

But here's the stats I go for on body armours:
A minimum of 1k evasion
100+ maximum life
10% increased maximum life
Any resists

You can also go for an Elder base, and hope to get crit chance on it, but the body armour can be our biggest source of life, so that needs to be the focus.

"
domyz wrote:
Well, I just felt lucky and threw an exalt on my avg claw, got T1 crit chance. Now it's a decent claw !

Also Fiver, thanks for all the help you're giving to everyone on crafting and POBs. Always nice to have someone who post a build then cares about people using it !

I try my best lol.
I really think it's fun that people enjoy playing something that I came up with, so naturally I want people to have as fun with it as I do!

Don't panic.
"
Schwunges wrote:

Thanks for the Feedback! I'll try the Jewel for sure. A rare chest will need some time..

What killed me was the Core Boss. (Malachai) Also sometimes the Legion encounters also just kill me instant...

I got another question since you changed a lot in the build. With my current setup (shield with -15% reservation and 15% Hatred enchant), I can fit in Hatrad, Herald of ice, Herald of purity and precision (lvl4 current) and got 90+ mana left. Is it worth to switch to your new Aura setup?
When I switch Precision to my shield and herald of ice to my curse on hit setup my mana is only at 80 which feels a bit low.

Any suggestions?

And to the Point about Tombfist - I actually got some Tombfists with 1 Frenzy charge on they are kinda even on the dmg.
Wouldnt good corrupted rare gloves be better?

The more auras you can fit, the better. Purity is definitely strong if you can get it in there. If you are comfortable with playing the way you are now, then you shouldn't feel forced to change the curse setup. The old one was in some ways better, but the current one makes the gameplay feel smother when clearing.
If you can fit a herald of purity, I suspect that isn't a problem for you.

Rare gloves can definitely be better in some ways, but they have to be really good, and will be expensive.
The thing with tombfist is that it intimidates the target, which is a HUGE damage boost.
That said, I am currently using a pair of rare gloves. They give me slightly higher life, but a LOT lower dps. The advantage of using rare gloves is that you can fit another skillgem, and you have easier to max your resists.

Edit: These are the gloves I'm using

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jun 28, 2019, 5:40:35 AM
Quick question if you don't mind, I had a 10ex budget and wanted to try something quicker to clear maps (was playing scourge arrow wich is pretty good to farm shaper/elder but not so much in term of clear speed). I bought a loreweave and 6link it myself, bought a pandemonius, tombfist, abyssus, and mark of the elder. All in all I only have 4 ex left and still have to buy the shield / Boots / shaped ring / flasks and the weapon. Claw with +400 pdps are insanely costy, would you say a 350pdps is enough ? Or am I better to just play with Touch of Anguish / Bloodseeker?
"
DokyDok wrote:
Quick question if you don't mind, I had a 10ex budget and wanted to try something quicker to clear maps (was playing scourge arrow wich is pretty good to farm shaper/elder but not so much in term of clear speed). I bought a loreweave and 6link it myself, bought a pandemonius, tombfist, abyssus, and mark of the elder. All in all I only have 4 ex left and still have to buy the shield / Boots / shaped ring / flasks and the weapon. Claw with +400 pdps are insanely costy, would you say a 350pdps is enough ? Or am I better to just play with Touch of Anguish / Bloodseeker?

350 pdps is perfectly fine. Make sure it has crit on it. A lot of people forget that.

Don't panic.

Alright thanks! Just bought this one then, got 1 ex left for the ring + shield, should be enough I hope.
"
DokyDok wrote:

Alright thanks! Just bought this one then, got 1 ex left for the ring + shield, should be enough I hope.

That's a pretty cool claw. :)

Don't panic.
"
bjoorrn wrote:
Hi! Could someone check my character out and see where I can buff my damage? I'm not even close to 8m on shaper (:

Well the most obvious damage buff would be an Abyssus.
But that's only good for certain fights (like shaper).
Taste of Haste would give you a bunch of damage.
A pair of Tombfist with a good jewel would be a pretty good boost.

You have an empty jewel slot when I import your character, so I assume you have a lethal pride in it? Do you know exactly what it gives you? Can't see it in PoB.
If you don't have one, try to find one with a good seed, and find a good slot to put it in, because those jewels are INSANE.

You still have a bunch of levels on some of your skill gems, and also quality.
On that note, I really wouldnt have your CWDT on lvl 18. You want it to procc as often as possible, and it's best to leave it at lvl 1.
Your precision can easily take a few more levels without becoming a mana problem. level 9-10 should be fine.

https://pastebin.com/nSXniTUk

That is your current character at optimal performance with the only changes being:
- Abyssus
- Overflowing Chalice replaced with Taste of Haste
- Levels & quality on your skill gems

I also added a flask to simulate Multistrike in PoB (and therefore unchecked multistrike in your skillsetup).

These changes puts you at around 5mil burst dps.

Looking at your gear, I'm actually kind of surprised your dps isn't even higher than that.
Your dps obviously isn't bad, but a lot of the stuff you have is really good.
That belt is disgusting and your Empyrean Desire Jewel is insane.
At the point you are now, small improvements here and there is the way forward, to be honest.

I would be more focused on life though, if I were you. You still have a couple of life-nodes that you haven't taken (8 of them!).
Maybe ditch Cloth and Chain and Survivalist for now, and put those point towards life.

Don't panic.

Took me 2 attempts.

As long as you make sure to bring a block reduction support and a decent level scorching ray, you're fine.
Also, Frost bomb is incredibly important against some enemies with a lot of regen.

Also, make sure you hit the enemies before they hit you, lol. Even if some of them are capable of one-shotting me, they won't be doing that when they are perma-freezed.

When you run into a character that you can't kill because he blocks and regens everything (like scoli_gubben), just put up a frost bomb on him and use scorching ray.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jun 28, 2019, 6:39:24 PM

Just rolled this claw. Should I multimod it?
"
Cyb3rShad0w wrote:

Just rolled this claw. Should I multimod it?

I’m not an expert on elemental claws, but it looks like a really good claw. I don’t think it would be very good for this build, but maybe you could sell it. I honestly don’t know.
(Not at home atm so can’t PC it)

Edit:
If you search for imperial claws with more than 520 EDPS (which would be the lowest possible roll for your claw if you craft added cold on it), you get this:
http://poe.trade/search/iwoorikikaukoa

The theoretical max-roll on your claw (with added cold) would be at 590+ edps.

So, it's probably pretty valuable. I don't know what builds use ele claws at the moment, but if there are any, your claw would be a good one for sure.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jun 29, 2019, 1:52:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info