[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
brom32 wrote:
Does anyone run Uber lab with this consistently? I ran is the first time flawless since then, usually get one shotted. Any tips? Thats my only frustration. This build rips maps so fast.

Well, you have very low HP.
I run it regularly and I have no problems at all, even with charge disruptors.

When I look at your character you seem to be wearing MF-gear, which I guess works alright in maps, but the low hp, reduced damage and all around weakened defences will make it very easy for you to die.

Little to no life on rings, amulet and belt. No life on gloves or shield.
You also only have one Fight for Survival jewel.

I don't mind helping out if you need it, but I think you should look over the build some more. It wasn't designed to be able to run mf-gear. If you can make it work, that's cool, but you are sort of on your own there. I don't know how to make it work as an mf-build properly, because it was never the way I intended to play it.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 23, 2018, 11:30:16 PM
Opps sorry, I put my real gear back on. Could you take a look again? The gear I was running runs t1-t7 maps very well. Nothing more though :) I appreciate this build a lot, thanks for your work with it.
"
brom32 wrote:
Opps sorry, I put my real gear back on. Could you take a look again? The gear I was running runs t1-t7 maps very well. Nothing more though :) I appreciate this build a lot, thanks for your work with it.

Ok having a look.
Your dps is surprisingly low, and I think addressing that will make lab a lot easier for you. Most of the times I run lab Itzaro only gets to hit 2-3 times before he goes back down, but I imagine you have pretty long fights.

I would replace your helmet with either a starkonja och rat's nest. Starkonja is probably the best option for now.
Get a pair of Tombfist with a murderous eye jewel in them. Cold/phys damage to attacks/claw attacks is the best option. Life is also good of course.
A 6L rare will be better for you than a 5L hyrri's ire at the moment. You can get them pretty cheap as well.
Get a Lycosidae instead of that rare shield. They are cheaper now than they were a while back, thanks to the ancient orb abuse. Getting a Lycosidae will be a HUGE dps boost for you.
I would also start looking for a new claw when the budget allows for it. They don't have to be expensive (I have a rare claw in my stash for 20c that would be better than touch of anguish. Obviously not your best option, just making a point). Touch of anguish has very low attack speed, and that alone can make the survivability of the build lower, because you're stuck in multistrike longer and you dodge attacks slower.

Get rid of claws of the falcon for now. I see you have unspent points in the passive tree aswell. Place those, along with the ones you got from claws of the falcon, into primeval force and fangs of frost. Those nodes do lots of damage.
I would remove the 4% life node below thick skin and use your 2 remaining points to get savagery.

All these changes will likely lower your HP, but not that much. You'll be around 4.6-4.7k still (I'm at around 4.6 and have done uber/shaper/elder etc..).
But you should work on replacing your jewellery. All of them have very low life rolls.

I'll give you a PoB pastebin with my suggested changes for you to have a look at. If you don't have PoB I suggest downloading it and getting familiar with it. It is an extremely useful tool.
PoB pastebin: https://pastebin.com/wwu4FPyd

Otherwise I can just post my suggested changes to the passive tree at least.
Passives: http://poeurl.com/bQPn

Don't panic.
What u think about using queen of the forest?
"
piotrek95pl wrote:
What u think about using queen of the forest?

Good evasion, low hp, average resist.

It works, but I think you can get better rare chests.

Don't panic.
Hi fiver, can you take a look at my character (FrozenSchell) and tell me what to upgrade next? I feel like my single target is lacking, though the mapping speed is very nice. I usually just skip bosses if they are buffed at all. I am scared to do Uber lab too as I feel very squishy. Any tips for uber lab? Do you get rid of vaal pact?
Hi Fiver, i love your build. Map clearing is fun haha but reflect is a killer. I did 5 runs of atziri earlier and 2 of them died all the way(using up all the portals). I noticed that if the reflect mirror spawn at the top, even if i target the btm or the right one near to the entrance(me standing in the middle, my hit will still get me and i die in 3 shots... that is one fight that i have to be damn careful with the positioning.
"
Uzap wrote:
Hi Fiver, i love your build. Map clearing is fun haha but reflect is a killer. I did 5 runs of atziri earlier and 2 of them died all the way(using up all the portals). I noticed that if the reflect mirror spawn at the top, even if i target the btm or the right one near to the entrance(me standing in the middle, my hit will still get me and i die in 3 shots... that is one fight that i have to be damn careful with the positioning.

The atziri fight can be hard, yes, but someone pointed out to me that if you remove multistrike during that fight your character won't randomly attack the other clones. So as long as you have your back turned to the reflect clone you should be fine.

Don't panic.
"
schellinky wrote:
Hi fiver, can you take a look at my character (FrozenSchell) and tell me what to upgrade next? I feel like my single target is lacking, though the mapping speed is very nice. I usually just skip bosses if they are buffed at all. I am scared to do Uber lab too as I feel very squishy. Any tips for uber lab? Do you get rid of vaal pact?

No I don't get rid of vaal pact. It is so strong when fighting argus/itzaro. I think your biggest problem is that you have very low life.

Your implicit roll on the lycosidae can be higher. If you htink it is worth it, use a blessing orb to get it up a bit.
Try to replace your amulet and that 1 ring with crafted life. I know they both give you decent dps and resist, but I would try to find other ones when possible.
You armour could have a lot more life. It's not bad as it is, but might be worth keeping an eye out for.

I would look for another claw. It has good dps and crit, but it has very bad attack speed.
Quality on gems would also help a lot with dps.

You have one node in the passive tree that isn't needed. You can remove the dex node to the left of herbalism.
Get the frenzy charges in your passive tree. With your current damage those would give 34k each.

Another thing you could do is to just grab all the life nodes available to begin with. Your max life is your biggest problem.

Don't panic.
Well I'm stuck at 14/15 memory fragments so I guess this build and this league is done (shaper/red elder etc are all easy farm now). Was a great build.

"
Fiver wrote:
Touch of anguish has very low attack speed, and that alone can make the survivability of the build lower, because you're stuck in multistrike longer and you dodge attacks slower.

I think if you go with touch of anguish you MUST dual wield for the dual wield MORE attack speed bonus. If you dual wield you still leech for well over 2k/s and it's pretty safe even face tanking red elder or healing up on shaper.
Last edited by baronzo on Mar 24, 2018, 7:32:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info