[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Thung88 wrote:
Hi Fiver! I'm loving the build so far, but I don't understand one thing: wouldn't Supreme Ego prevent me from using Herald of Ice and Precision once I take it?

Herald is not an issue. Precision yea cant use.

Thats why I did a diff setup = ) waiting for Fiver’s feedback for further min-max in std haha.

My pob is 1-2 thread above yours.

Hatred + herald of purity + enlighten

Awakened hextouch + herald of ice + frostbite

Dual curse ring and lv 20 precision even somewhere else

"
Neyeah wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Neyeah wrote:
Hi Fiver,

Thanks for guide took a while to adjust and modify to make it work for my usage with current items in standard.

https://pastebin.com/raCps677 if you are free and have time, feel free to advice where else I could do better or improve min-maxing.

Frost bomb is a manual cast for me just like totem but rarely needed except boss I guess. I prefer to play/setup min-max in a way without needing to click anything other than main skill / flasks unless swapping gems.

I do not have berserk, vaal haste, ancestral protector/warchief on the POB numbers.

Thanks~

I'll have a look when I can, preparing for my stream at the moment though, so might be a while.

No worries please take your time. Since its standard please dont hesitate to suggest anything even mirrored-tier items = ) I've run out of ideas haha! Just making use as much of my bow conversion gear as possible as well. Bored of TS+Barrage.

With current setup, Assasin's Mark effect enchant does better than Frostblade Enchant @ POB

Also is Legacy Abyssus worth using? HH vs Rylasta belt for mapping should be HH yea?

You have insane gear, but I have a few pointers if we are going for GG stuff.

A +frenzy charge corruption on your gloves would be better than the current implicit, but considering those gloves are already insane, finding another pair like them, and getting frenzy charge on top of it would probably insanely hard.

The abyss jewel in your gloves could have one more useful mod instead of the lightning damage to bow attacks. Minor upgrade but still an upgrade. On a murderous eye jewel you could get either phys/cold damage with claws, or 1% elemental penetration, instead of the bow damage.

I would probably annoint something else than tenacity. Tenacity is good, but if you're going for more DPS, I would recommend something else. With your current setup, claws of the falcon, command of the elements, or primeval force seems like good options.

As for the belt. As you said, headhunter is better (or at least more fun) than ryslatha's when you're mapping, but against bosses HH doesn't really do anything. So yeah, against bosses, definitely use Ryslatha.

Usually I recommend getting a Diamond Flask, but your crit chance is already so insanely high, that it doesn't really add much. It would give you 1.7% to replace the quicksilver.

On the "Plague Ruin" crimson jewel, attack speed would be better than % damage.

On the "Gale Joy" medium cluster, you have room for one more mod.
Same with "Oblivion Vessel".

I would probably replace the second mod on the Cold Conduction jewel, so it has CC + Blast-freeze. Blast freeze is incredibly useful when doing things like ultimatums, deliriums, etc.

There are some different Cluster Jewels than I usually recommend, but considering you don't use Supreme Ego, they seem to be working good for you. (Like the large one with Feed the fury/martial prowess).
Personally I'd prefer going with Supreme Ego and getting as many Vengeful Commander as possible, but you have opted for an entirely different setup, which seems to be working well for you. A bit hard to decide if you would benefit from replacing the large ones for Vengeful Commander + Blanketed snow. You would probably gain from that if you used Supreme Ego, but it's up to you really.

As for your skills, It's an entirely different setup than I use, but it seems to be working well. The HoI + Awa Hextouch + Frostbite is a cool idea. I like it.
I'm a big fan of Rage + Berserk. I know a lot of people find it annoying to stack up rage on some bosses, but in terms of DPS, there's nothing that beats berserk. Not only damage, but also defense. You can actually stack up rage stacks with a Hydrosphere + Chain hook, but you need to use your secondary weapons since chain hook doesn't work with claws. I use it sometimes against big bosses where I have no burst ready.

Another thing, I highly recommend getting a Vaal Haste. It's also a big source of burst damage.

As for your passive, as mentioned earlier, I think supreme ego is insane when stacked with the proper cluster jewels. Considering the nerf to vengeful commander though, it might not be as powerful anymore.

In general, I gotta say I'm impressed though. You have a lot of cool stuff that are better than some items I have in my own ideal setup. These would be hard to get in a league though, so hard to implement in the build.

I'm gonna look into if I can make the HoI + Awa hextouch + Frostbite setup work though. That's a really cool idea.

I wish I had more things I could point out, but a lot of the stuff I originally thought could be upgraded are actually worse than the stuff you have. :p

Don't panic.
Alright, I'm live on twitch for the next 7-8 hours or so. Stop by if you need anything or just wanna say hi. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
"
Heralds dont count as auras so you only loose Precision which is worth it damage wise.

Oh, ok. Yeah I was worried about HoI, losing Precision is no big deal, I'll try to get a ring with Assassin's Mark later. Thanks a lot!
"
Fiver wrote:

You have insane gear, but I have a few pointers if we are going for GG stuff.

A +frenzy charge corruption on your gloves would be better than the current implicit, but considering those gloves are already insane, finding another pair like them, and getting frenzy charge on top of it would probably insanely hard.

The abyss jewel in your gloves could have one more useful mod instead of the lightning damage to bow attacks. Minor upgrade but still an upgrade. On a murderous eye jewel you could get either phys/cold damage with claws, or 1% elemental penetration, instead of the bow damage.

I would probably annoint something else than tenacity. Tenacity is good, but if you're going for more DPS, I would recommend something else. With your current setup, claws of the falcon, command of the elements, or primeval force seems like good options.

As for the belt. As you said, headhunter is better (or at least more fun) than ryslatha's when you're mapping, but against bosses HH doesn't really do anything. So yeah, against bosses, definitely use Ryslatha.

Usually I recommend getting a Diamond Flask, but your crit chance is already so insanely high, that it doesn't really add much. It would give you 1.7% to replace the quicksilver.

On the "Plague Ruin" crimson jewel, attack speed would be better than % damage.

On the "Gale Joy" medium cluster, you have room for one more mod.
Same with "Oblivion Vessel".

I would probably replace the second mod on the Cold Conduction jewel, so it has CC + Blast-freeze. Blast freeze is incredibly useful when doing things like ultimatums, deliriums, etc.

There are some different Cluster Jewels than I usually recommend, but considering you don't use Supreme Ego, they seem to be working good for you. (Like the large one with Feed the fury/martial prowess).
Personally I'd prefer going with Supreme Ego and getting as many Vengeful Commander as possible, but you have opted for an entirely different setup, which seems to be working well for you. A bit hard to decide if you would benefit from replacing the large ones for Vengeful Commander + Blanketed snow. You would probably gain from that if you used Supreme Ego, but it's up to you really.

As for your skills, It's an entirely different setup than I use, but it seems to be working well. The HoI + Awa Hextouch + Frostbite is a cool idea. I like it.
I'm a big fan of Rage + Berserk. I know a lot of people find it annoying to stack up rage on some bosses, but in terms of DPS, there's nothing that beats berserk. Not only damage, but also defense. You can actually stack up rage stacks with a Hydrosphere + Chain hook, but you need to use your secondary weapons since chain hook doesn't work with claws. I use it sometimes against big bosses where I have no burst ready.

Another thing, I highly recommend getting a Vaal Haste. It's also a big source of burst damage.

As for your passive, as mentioned earlier, I think supreme ego is insane when stacked with the proper cluster jewels. Considering the nerf to vengeful commander though, it might not be as powerful anymore.

In general, I gotta say I'm impressed though. You have a lot of cool stuff that are better than some items I have in my own ideal setup. These would be hard to get in a league though, so hard to implement in the build.

I'm gonna look into if I can make the HoI + Awa hextouch + Frostbite setup work though. That's a really cool idea.

I wish I had more things I could point out, but a lot of the stuff I originally thought could be upgraded are actually worse than the stuff you have. :p

Haha Thanks for the time taken to reply. Yea definitely not for league. Its from my Mirrored setup from Bow Cold Conversion and trying to make use of them as best possible. Amulet is mirrored so I'm f'ked HAHA!

I'd think I wouldn't need the freeze blast or blast freeze as I've divergent Frostbite which have +45%ish chance to freeze? if get frostbite effect 30% enchant would be good too!

EDIT: Also Would 20% Effect of non damaging ailments from Astonishing Affliction cluster boost 20% more shock effect of cold conduction from 15% to 18%?

Yea I forgot about the jewel on my glove Oops. But not many even improves dps against it surprisingly, even a 35ex only minor inc 90k dps. Plague Ruin Crimson Jewel not easy as well to replace needed the elemental res HAHA! was finding something to make it work first. I'd test pob with all the jewel cluster with your recommendation.

EDIT: FOUND 1 JEWEL 1ex Improves 180k DPS LOL!

HoI + Awa hextouch + Curse is my fav setup which I try to do on almost all build, before chest explosion it almost always shatters opponent countering porcupine, after awa hextouch even have chance to do so vs hexproof while not even needing +curse annoint or additional curse from chest. So with the harvest gears + dual curse ring, end up with a triple curse setup which works for alot of build and worth alot of dps.

Helm enchant also flexible to go for Ele weakness/Frostbite/Ass mark/bloodrage/frost blade enchant. which somehow ass mark gives highest dps.

Yes rage+berserk is insane, vaal haste too. But I try to always setup something I can use 99% of time, especially without too much build-up/ramp up or gimmicks

my latest pob for bosses tho https://pastebin.com/HWh5jgQw 87m with assuming no vaal but just normal ancestral + Frostbomb, 67m without that 2 skills.

I usually like to try setup assuming cant have souls for vaal as well and as little pre-fight preparation as possible haha

Theoritically change 1 gem + 1 belt and 1 flask no need quicksilver for bosses = )

May I ask whats your reason for flame dash I believe? compared to dash? lastly, what can be done to my gale joy and oblivion cluster jewel? ex slam?

Also gave up many points left side of passive tree because I found a pretty insane lethal pride.. and after comparing not much life difference as well but indeed shitty life regen, so far haven't taken Flash Freeze yet tho, many other good nodes around.

Last edited by Neyeah on Apr 26, 2021, 1:12:30 PM
Hello fiver, I have a question.
When should I take supreme ego?
Im not a Fiver, but i think when you have shield with -15% mana reserve and enough passive points to reach this node. For me its 92-93lvl.
Had a question regarding aspect of the cat. Do i need to find a Farric Tiger Alpha in the wild to get the recipe or can i just buy the already captured beast? Have never done beastcrafting before and don't wanna waste currency to test it.
"
Regikoko wrote:
Had a question regarding aspect of the cat. Do i need to find a Farric Tiger Alpha in the wild to get the recipe or can i just buy the already captured beast? Have never done beastcrafting before and don't wanna waste currency to test it.

You can buy the beast. Just in case I'll mention that the craft is a suffix so make sure you have one open on the piece of gear you are crafting aspect on.
Last edited by NemoRSRB on Apr 25, 2021, 8:07:24 AM
"
ikybu wrote:
Hello fiver, I have a question.
When should I take supreme ego?

You can take it when you have a -% mana reservation shield or if you have the Replica Hyrri's Truth amulet. The latter is probably something you will have a much easier time acquiring and it's a big damage boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info