[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
LordRevan wrote:
"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
"
LordRevan wrote:
Any suggestions how to take on Hall of the Grandmasters with this build? :D

Reduced Block Chance Support & Balefire. There's the tiny littly hickup that I didn't try it with this build so far, but if it doesn't work, I vow I'll not eat any "Dominosteine" this christmas.

When I played cyclone last season, I gave HoGM a try with said items, and, for the first time in my poe-life, finished that map. In a manner that lets me believe that almost all builds can do HoGM with RBC-Support and / or Balefire.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Need a totem or minion or something to apply Overpowered though, since SR cant be supported by RBC Support.

I didn't but should have written that RBC goed into your frost blades setup. the balefire you should use in the 2nd weapon slot to burn what you could'nt freeze. If you have problems doing that, try slowly inching closer with the balefire, I remember one of the tough guys giving me hell until I took that approach.

I can't test it because I started to sell my stuff. No assmark ring, no body armour, no belt, some gems missing…. I am pretty sure those grandmasters would wipe the floor with me!
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.
Last edited by Ersatzdrummel on Dec 4, 2019, 8:23:28 AM
"
Erayo wrote:
The new "strike skills target 1 additional enemy" affix looks juicy.

I mean, the clear is already great. But more is always better, right?

Ofc it also depends on if we give up on some other, better for single target, affix.

I am so fucking hyped for 3.9. Probably gonna start with this build.
My only concern is the new bosses and how much investment you need to be able to kill them.

Really want to get my hands on the ancestral call plus gem. But, I'm guessing you need to farm bosses for quite a while to drop a support plus gem.

Yeah the new +1 target mod is insane. I'm considering whether it's gonna replace Ancestral Call entirely. We'll see how attainable it is. Maybe even run that one and annoint tribal fury. Could be really cool.
It might at least be an option, since there are a lot of people who don't like hotswapping between AC and Ruthless.

Don't panic.
Nice build
Last edited by 5renzy on Dec 4, 2019, 10:57:22 PM
Hello Fiver,

can you answer few questions? :)

1) What do you think about "Dirty techniques" node? It would be good against bosses?

2) Do you craft somehow "-15% mana reservation" on shield ot buy it? Is it craftable?
Been looking at this for a starter for 3.9 and did some early levels with it just to get a feel for it.
Looks very fun and I hope it will still work with the changes to elder/shaper items, like if the gloves suddenly becomes very rare.

Anyway looking forward to giving it a go, thank you for the very detailed guide and keep it up!
"
akiris wrote:
Hello Fiver,

can you answer few questions? :)

1) What do you think about "Dirty techniques" node? It would be good against bosses?

2) Do you craft somehow "-15% mana reservation" on shield ot buy it? Is it craftable?

Dirty Techniques isn't good for us. We don't bleed or poison anything.

The -15% mana reservation modifier can be rolled on shaper items. You can't craft it unfortunately.
You can increase the odds of getting it by using the fossils that add chance to get mana modifiers.

Don't panic.
Hey Fiver, awesome Build!

I've currently got 675h in PoE and had never killed Shaper before this League. I really wanted to finish Zana's Quest Line in this League though, because of it going away next League. I used this build to do it and just killed Uber Elder!

Just wanted to say thanks, this build kicks ass.
"
Talanel wrote:

I've currently got 675h in PoE and had never killed Shaper before this League. I really wanted to finish Zana's Quest Line in this League though, because of it going away next League. I used this build to do it and just killed Uber Elder!

Awesome, good work dude!!

I'm glad you're having fun with it! :)

Don't panic.
Any news if it will be possible to play it in 3.9? i read about few sharper/elder encounters :/
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Talanel wrote:

Awesome, good work dude!!

I'm glad you're having fun with it! :)

This is the most viable/fun build to do endgame content for me (I wanted to try frost blades for a few years now lol), so I finally managed to try Shaper/Elder/etc in Blight for the first (and last) time. However with 6k hp/2m shaper dps (even with my very average weapon) I couldn't do unber elder, all content prior to that was actually easy and I completed most things on my first try/deathless. Maybe I hadn't learned all of the mechanics of that fight, so it is possible just my fault.

In all honesty the real challenge were the T13-15 blighted maps - despite great clear, the hordes of mobs where really too much for my machine even, either way I couldn't clear it in time and in the end died (not a disconnect, but maybe lag had an impact on my poor performance/dps).

Retrospectivelly, do you have any ideas or suggestions how to improve this build's performance in such encounters (T13-15 blighted maps, not considering terrible mods like +x% life etc)? This is likely irrelevant in Metamorph since we'll be fighting bosses rather than swarms of mobs, but since the clear on maps is amazing already, maybe in Metamorph it would be relevant to focus more on single target dps (if it can be at all min-maxed any further, without sacrificing too much clear speed)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info