[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Hey there, a noob here asking for help please :) I'm stuck at maps < Tier 7/8. Any suggestions on how to upgrade my gear? Spent about 1ex for this, only have 40 chaos left. Can gather more but don't know where to focus the next upgrade.
Spoiler

Have been looking at claws with higher DPS, What damage type is preferred? Don't know if i can use claws with yellow/red elemental damage as well, have seen some claws with blue text on the forum so i guess they are fine?
Resistances are all at 75% and Hp at 4k.

Oh also, using these jewels:
Spoiler

"
Farewin wrote:
Hey there, a noob here asking for help please :) I'm stuck at maps < Tier 7/8. Any suggestions on how to upgrade my gear? Spent about 1ex for this, only have 40 chaos left. Can gather more but don't know where to focus the next upgrade.
Spoiler

Have been looking at claws with higher DPS, What damage type is preferred? Don't know if i can use claws with yellow/red elemental damage as well, have seen some claws with blue text on the forum so i guess they are fine?

Spoiler

You should go for Claw + shield instead of DUal wielding. Shield will give you evasion and life. Dont focus on DPS for now, your problem is to survive because you dont have a lot of evasion.

Light damage and fire damage on claw wont help at all.

Map 7-8 is where tabula is starting to fall off. You need to replace it as soon as you can.

I have decided to upgrade jewel to lethal pride and my body armour yesterday and this is the only okayish stats that i have gotten after spending like 3ex off rerolling with serrated and pristine fossil.. another5 ex to get it 6 linked.. i dun like the life roll but i had to stop because i m broke.. duh... seriously how do u even get maim and attack on crit together?..
After the upgrade there is indeed significant increase in my dps but my life just had 200 raised.. i still feel very squishy and occasional still get one shot by T16 mobs.. though i always roll at least 90% quantity maps which has a lot of deadly mods..
Was thinking is it possible to switch a bit of my nodes to energy shield based to increase my eHP
Last edited by tky0414 on Sep 23, 2019, 9:11:55 PM
Finishing up yellow maps and starting to break into reds. Was having some difficulty managing my int/str requirements and resists due to all the uniques, but got a Lethal Pride jewel and that solved all my issues.

Other than mapping, I'm currently trying to figure out what my next goal is, gearwise - debating between getting an actually good/crafted 6-link (currently using a technically-better-than-tabula corrupted one), or saving up for a Pandemonius. (I'd consider using a Hyrri's as a stepping stone, but I actually need the extra resistance)

Other than various gearing dilemmas, I'd say my main concern at this point is tankiness - things often feel a bit squishy. Might try to look into another layer of defense - getting better gear with more flat life (I'm currently around 4.4k hp) is the obvious choice, but I'm curious if anyone has a recommendation for other options.
"
AIbatroll wrote:
"
Farewin wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

You should go for Claw + shield instead of DUal wielding. Shield will give you evasion and life. Dont focus on DPS for now, your problem is to survive because you dont have a lot of evasion.

Light damage and fire damage on claw wont help at all.

Map 7-8 is where tabula is starting to fall off. You need to replace it as soon as you can.

Awesome, thank you! Didn't think the shield was that important but will go for that next then :)
This is the most awesome build my noob self ever played. Thank you for the hard work and for creating such a well explained build.
I have one question: during some of your videos it looks like when you hit a mob a series of ice things jump from underneath the mob and any other mob nearby. I don't know what skill that is and I'm really curious.

Thanks a lot!
My body armour has some life (not flat) and Evasion mods, but no crit chance.
I should use scouring and do fossil crafting, right?

"
Fiver wrote:
"
DXab wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
Ascendancy
I have decided to keep using Avatar of the Chase.
The damage we would lose from switching to Avatar of the Veil is too significant.

Switching to Avatar of the Veil may be an option when you have high enough dps. The survival you get from it may be worth losing some.

hi, sorry for my English, I use an online translator,
why do you think so? Avatar Veil has improved to 3.8 by adding 15% pierce elemental resistance, but it does not account for the PoB, add, for example, in the boots "Nearby Enemies have -15% to all Resistances", and you will see that damage even more, but less evasion (but in return the enemy has 15% less accuracy, I don't know how to calculate correctly) and APS

raider became stronger for elemental damage

When I have tested earlier I have taken these changes into account, and added a workaround to an item, and get significantly better damage with avatar of the chase. I will check again.

hi, y check this? pls tell me what to do with onslaught effect. graceful assault with oil amulet buff it's like a temporary solution
"
itsmetian wrote:

Spoiler

upgraded the gloves and boots, also about the chest yeah i finished the base ytd, still trying to get maim and crit chest, will stay with loreweave until i finished crafting. also what do you think about cat aspect vs spider aspect? since i have the spider aspect craft lying around and i think the hinder and extra bit of damage is p nice.

been trying to craft this boi but didnt get the maim and crit combo yet

I haven't tried Spider, but I like cat. Honestly when it comes to the extra Herald/Aspect I'm gonna leave it up to everyone to decide for themselves. There are a lot of good options.

Don't panic.
"
Andymoene wrote:

Ah ascendancy - I see. I am missing one trial to do that and did not think about that, sorry!

The damage output is so great and I am really happy with that. Is there another damage option for the chest like Loreweave? Maybe Ascendancy and a new ring already help "enough". I will try it out at least. Nobody is buying that expensive stuff :/

I am already looking for a new ring (I will downgrade the int gems and modify intelligence for life first).

The claw is on my must have list... Already wasted several Ex into crafting. Probably I will just buy one.

Problem with the expensive stuff is that you resell it very seldom. I got another Loreweave in my stash - guess I need to go under the original price and then I will spend it on the claw. Also thought about a new shield with better stats - Life can go up so high on there.

Thank you for all your work and for going into detail with my equipment - like the frost bomb, nobody would have seen that. So thank you very very much!

A body armour with Maim will do as much, or more, damage as Loreweave. So try to get one of those when you can. I have a video about how you craft one.

Crafting a claw can turn out expensive if you are unlucky, unfortunately. :(

I just hope I could be of any help ^^

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info