[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Took me 9 hours and a few minutes change to hit maps with this build for Blight. Definitely hit a bad speedbump around act 3 where I struggled for damage. Second Ascendancy is where I started to seriously pick up momentum, AotS is just an exceptional node for us. A couple of decent weapon drops helped get me through the space between the initial hiccup and the second lab.

Overall, I think its perfectly viable as a League starter, but can feel a bit bumpy if you don't get right loot or adapt the tree for covering weaknesses you feel as you play. I'm quite happy with how it went for me, and it's settling into mapping nicely.

I do suspect, however, that whilst the build is very fun once off the ground, I probably wouldn't recommend it as a starter for newer players specifically. If you know how to juggle bits around to adapt, it's pretty solid, but I expect very new players will struggle.

But thanks for the build, it's definitely solidly viable and solidly fun and I look forward to it just getting smoother from here on out.
Fivers Frostblades have always been my go to league starter for most leagues, but apparently many people are saying it isn't as Viable this league with the changes and it's much harder leveling and what not. Is it actually that bad?
"
Fivers Frostblades have always been my go to league starter for most leagues, but apparently many people are saying it isn't as Viable this league with the changes and it's much harder leveling and what not. Is it actually that bad?

There has been a big influx of new players with the build, and I suspect that some of them struggle because they aren't used to playing melee build and don't properly upgrade their gear properly etc. I'm not sure really. I've had no problems at all.

The build works just as well as previous leagues. :)

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 7, 2019, 7:40:24 AM
Ok, so if you are struggling with single-target damage, or damage in general, here's a couple of tips.

- Don't forget to swap out Ancestral Call for something else when you are fighting bosses!! (ruthless or Multistrike)

- Use Ancestral Protector with 3+ Links on it. I'm using an AP with Increased Melee Physical Damage and Ruthless.

- Get your buff/debuff skills. Get vaal haste if you can, frost bomb/wave of conviction, etc. They can make a big difference.

- If you can get a vaal double strike, it helps a lot.

- Don't forget to upgrade your gear! When you are playing any melee build as a league starter you will encounter issues if you don't properly maintain your gear. You need to upgrade your weapon as often as you can, and try to stack as much "added damage" as possible on your rings/amulet/gloves/etc.

- Don't blindly follow the skill tree!
The route that I take is just the way that I prefer doing it. But if you've actually had a look in the PoB, this is in the notes:

And if you have problems, please just hop on to the discord or join me on my stream and we can try to figure out the problem. I will be streaming later.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 7, 2019, 8:10:32 AM
"
Firtina88 wrote:
Hello,

after a very long time I started again with PoE. I watched some videos and read some guides. At the end I decided for the Build Frost Blade.

Unfortunately I have some "noob" problems!

I can't get Path of Building to run. So I don't know how to skill :-S

I also don't know which equipment to put on at the beginning up to level 70. Does it matter which equipment and weapons I wear up to level 70? I don't have all orbs except Frost Blade and use only one skill all the time.

which stats are important for this build?
What I've read is supposed to have an evasion rating on your chest, right? What else is important? PDPS, cold damage, physical damage, elemental damage?

(iam lvl 21 and in Act 2)

I would be very grateful for your help.

Gerne nehme ich auch hilfe auf Deutsch an was für mich leichter zu verstehen wäre :)

King Regards

There is an online version of PoB that you can use.
https://pob.party/share/itikahitahakom

For the most part you are right.

When you are leveling you should just be focusing on life and added damage on your gear. You need to replace your weapon every now and then to be able to keep your damage relevant, and try to upgrade your gear whenever possible.

The most important stats you want on your body armour are evasion and life.

I wrote a post just before this one with some tips to use if you are struggling with damage when you are leveling.

Don't panic.
As a league starter this bild even could not deal with Dominus.

Currently in act 9.

Build still works more than fine as a starter.
Loving this build did 1 t5 map so far and ending the day here for me! if you could give me some pointers on what to do when I come back on later today that would be amazing! Not sure what I should focus on next for gear.
"
bishop61rus wrote:

Read the post 2 posts above yours. If you're having problems with single-target then those are some tips for you.
I've breezed through the game super easy, I haven't had problems with a single boss so far. First death I had was vs Shavronne in act 6.

Don't panic.
"
bishop61rus wrote:

y well ... its at least not at all working for players that are new.

even if you play for years you can struggle easily on this build ... its at least far far from fun leveling this build ... wonder how it even will improve.

... the TD mechanics make it worse, though, if you skip this its less frustrating, since from act 6 on the mobs will always kill your orb before you can kill them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info