[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Jasmira wrote:

Thanks for the answer. That unique amulet does not guarantee chill (independant from damage), then? The description is a bit misleading I think.

Also, do you think shield is really necessary? I level with dual claw, once I remove claw for shield my DPS drop by 40% or more. It's insane. Is it possible to get the build working with dual wield? I thought maybe the additional damage and leech can compensate shield? Or maybe some additional defensive flask with charge on crit?

Pandemonius does guarantee chill, but only against targets that hit us, and only for 1 second.

It's probably possible to make a dual-wield version of it, but I think the bonuses you can get from a shield are more important. I have more than enough damage.

Don't panic.
"
poeGT wrote:
Picked up a better elder ring 10% life 74% attack.

Bought this nice chest for 1ex but to get 4 red socks would mean doing 125 chrome attempts with 3 100% red and hoping one of the other 2 sockets hits red.

It adds 320HP and 4% evade plus with my lethal pride giving 40% fire res, and the cold on this it means I am only worried about lightning when swapping pieces in the future.

The problem is, that one attempt is 25c worth of chromes and the chest piece is only ~150c. Should I just try find a lesser chest with matching sockets? Or is there a better way to get 4r2g.

There was a 4red 2WHITE chest that was 120hp less for 1ex but it had no res. One big rez is pretty much essential on the chest.

Also is 2% loss of evade over 80hp worth it? I am eyeing to upgrade my shield a bit. I know ideally you'd like spell and attack dodge with high life, 700+ eva and if possible/needed any res you have to fill in.

I saw Fiver your shield had 5% chance for dbl dmg, that seems nice to have room to put that in as well since that would proc so much with our attack speed.

For example:

vs

I guess it's hard to lock in a lot of money for a shield just yet until I see what shaper assassin ring I can get and how the res works out. Lots of fine tuning left.

Getting the colors right on the body armour is a pain in the ass. It's up to you to decide wether its worth it or not. I think it's a good chest you have, it's certainly better than mine. I think I spent about 700 chromes on my body armour.

The HP vs Evade is really situational. I'd probably go with the HP in this case, but I think either option works. HP helps vs other stuff than hits and projectiles.

It's all about fine tuning in the end. :p

Don't panic.
Guide updated!

- Added in-depth crafting video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHG1608oSc8
(31 minutes)

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jul 7, 2019, 2:15:41 PM
"
Fiver wrote:

Getting the colors right on the body armour is a pain in the ass. It's up to you to decide wether its worth it or not. I think it's a good chest you have, it's certainly better than mine. I think I spent about 700 chromes on my body armour.

The HP vs Evade is really situational. I'd probably go with the HP in this case, but I think either option works. HP helps vs other stuff than hits and projectiles.

It's all about fine tuning in the end. :p

I am a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on all my chromes though, I always get the short end of RNG when it comes to crafting.

I am into fine tuning mode now. I hit 92 and I am basically searching for reasonably priced 15% FoS jewels, 24%+ lion's roar. I have most of my gems at decent quality and I am leveing a bunch for 20/20s to try 21 corrupt.

The frost blade chant on a Starkonja is pretty brutal, today there were finally 2 up and they wanted 5EX lol, I think POEcurrency might be wrong it values the chant @ 20 chaos.

A shaper ring with the stats I have on mine + assassins mark is like a gazillion ex. Is it better to do what you did, find a base of like +assassin mark and 1-2 good mods then multi craft? For example I found one ring with assassins and like 31hp only for 40c. Some of the assassins rings show dmg DECREASE over my non assassin ring lol.

I hit 92 today, but still need more to fill out the remaining 2 frenzy nodes and that extra socket is crucial if I ever want to run watchers or have some leeway with res/attributes.

I wish I could just delve with this build for leveling. I hit 92 and got 7% like instantly just doing 2 abyss nodes. Sulphite scarabs are pretty pricey but I am making sure I run any red niko maps when they pop up.
Last edited by poeGT on Jul 8, 2019, 6:40:34 AM
"
poeGT wrote:

I am a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on all my chromes though, I always get the short end of RNG when it comes to crafting.

I am into fine tuning mode now. I hit 92 and I am basically searching for reasonably priced 15% FoS jewels, 24%+ lion's roar. I have most of my gems at decent quality and I am leveing a bunch for 20/20s to try 21 corrupt.

The frost blade chant on a Starkonja is pretty brutal, today there were finally 2 up and they wanted 5EX lol, I think POEcurrency might be wrong it values the chant @ 20 chaos.

A shaper ring with the stats I have on mine + assassins mark is like a gazillion ex. Is it better to do what you did, find a base of like +assassin mark and 1-2 good mods then multi craft? For example I found one ring with assassins and like 31hp only for 40c. Some of the assassins rings show dmg DECREASE over my non assassin ring lol.

I hit 92 today, but still need more to fill out the remaining 2 frenzy nodes and that extra socket is crucial if I ever want to run watchers or have some leeway with res/attributes.

I wish I could just delve with this build for leveling. I hit 92 and got 7% like instantly just doing 2 abyss nodes. Sulphite scarabs are pretty pricey but I am making sure I run any red niko maps when they pop up.

Lion's Roar is surprisingly cheap though. I mean you can get a 24% for 22-25 chaos.
I got really lucky with my gems this league. 5 out of 7 turned 21/20..

I think I paid 4ex for my starkonja. It's a big difference in DPS though. I think it's worth it to be honest.

As for assassins mark rings, they are surprisingly easy to craft, if you plan to multimod it yourself. You can probably get a decent one for 1-2 ex, but at that cost you might as well do it yourself imo.
The best option is probably to spam alts for lvl 12 AM, and if you only get that mod, regal it without adding another mod. If you get another mod that is bad, just keep spamming alts until you get a new one.
The damage will be lower, considering it's gonna be a lowlvl assassins mark, but you get the benefit of not having to think about cursing enemies. They all get cursed rather than a few here and there.
And you will have power charges up all the time when you clear maps, which makes legion encounter's very easy. All of them being curse helps as well of course.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jul 8, 2019, 8:43:19 AM
Hi Fiver,
Do you think I need to change my Claw or it's better for me to improve my other items?

I see your vidéo about craft, and after 600 chaos of Alt orb there is no claw better than mine on PoB...
"
Elocau wrote:
Hi Fiver,
Do you think I need to change my Claw or it's better for me to improve my other items?

I see your vidéo about craft, and after 600 chaos of Alt orb there is no claw better than mine on PoB...

It's a good claw, and you definitely don't need to worry about claws for a while.
You should really Divine it a few times to get better rolls on it though.
Yours has around 275 PDPS and 221 EDPS. That's not bad.
But it could have as high as 324 PDPS (!) and 261 EDPS (!).
If you had better quality on it, you could've gotten even stronger.

So you should really divine it until you get a better roll.

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:

Lion's Roar is surprisingly cheap though. I mean you can get a 24% for 22-25 chaos.
It used to be 60-70c in early weeks of the league, I guess the biggest rush for them passed.
"
Fiver wrote:
It's a good claw, and you definitely don't need to worry about claws for a while.
You should really Divine it a few times to get better rolls on it though.
Yours has around 275 PDPS and 221 EDPS. That's not bad.
But it could have as high as 324 PDPS (!) and 261 EDPS (!).
If you had better quality on it, you could've gotten even stronger.

So you should really divine it until you get a better roll.

I used an essence to get the cold roll it's ok if I use a divine orb?
I have seed 14082, gives

+34 str
+0.4% of attack dmg leeched as life
4% inc maximum life
30% to melee critical strike multiplier

Guess I have to do with this until I find something better.

Seed 14089 gives

+34 str
5% inc strength
10% inc effect of fortify on you
20% inc warcry buff effect
1% of life regen per second

oh and my tree is not complete, so I am missing on some nodes ;)
Last edited by dominatorTA on Jul 8, 2019, 5:03:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info