[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

In your leveling progression part, you wrote that the helmet enchant should be CA duration. Any reason why this is better than 40% damage or the new inflict withering touch one? Or is it just personal preference?
Thanks for the guide, got into maps no problem (my first both evasion and a bow character)!
I've reached the Fury Bolts cluster near Duelist, and started wondering, why it is in the build? Looks like all we get from it is a bit of projectile speed, some accuracy and 20 strength. If the main point is to reach Golem's blood, then attributes path to the left that gives twice that amount of strength for lower budget (4 passives from Master of arena) seems to be a better way to go, is't it? Or am I missing something?
"
theworldowner wrote:
i'm feeling so weak at this league.. I'm still gathering currency to upgrade for better items but if you could lead some tips for my current state I would appreciate a lot.

From the looks of your gears & ascendancy points, you're way ahead of me. Looking at your gem setups, it's time you ditch Ballista & set up Wither totem (Wither - Spell Totem - Multi Totems). I have to use a Str-Int type gear just to set it up but Level 2 increase armor & evasion mod should get you close to 110 for each to compensate for lack of evasion rating.

As suggested by DankawSL, i switch between GMP (clearing) & Swift Affliction (boss, Syndicate safehouse/lab/fortification raids) for leveling.

I'm not sure if +1 socketed gem is better than +2 socketed bow gem with your current setup.

Just my 2 cents.
"
Goretech wrote:
Spoiler
In your leveling progression part, you wrote that the helmet enchant should be CA duration. Any reason why this is better than 40% damage or the new inflict withering touch one? Or is it just personal preference?

It is explained in equipment section. Enchantment is objectively better in every aspect, considering the passive tree no longer takes skill effect duration nodes. It will give you more effective damage than any other enchantment on top of utility/safety - thanks to effective bigger AoE coverage and longer time before you have to reapply the degen.

"
communik wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the guide, got into maps no problem (my first both evasion and a bow character)!
I've reached the Fury Bolts cluster near Duelist, and started wondering, why it is in the build? Looks like all we get from it is a bit of projectile speed, some accuracy and 20 strength. If the main point is to reach Golem's blood, then attributes path to the left that gives twice that amount of strength for lower budget (4 passives from Master of arena) seems to be a better way to go, is't it? Or am I missing something?

I answered that one on previous page. Bonus explaination: projectile damage increases CA's damage as well. It's really efficient part of the tree. Life recovery from flasks nodes are also important for the end game sustain + easy jewel slot.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hi,

I'm a returning player from a loonng loong time ago, wanted to start fresh in the new league, much has changed since I was gone, so could consider myself a newbee.

First of all, wanted to say thank you for this very detailed guide, I think it's one of the most indepth guides I have seen on these forums, as well on some other games forums as well. Very good job, thank you. If any other players are returning from a long absence or if they are just new to the game, this is the guide to go to.

I have been fallowing this guide and went very smooth so far, but now, lvl 39 in act 4, I just feel a bit weak. Don't want to criticize anything, just want to learn from you more experienced players.

So, staring fresh with just my drops to back me up I made my way to act 4 without any problems. Passive tree is just as you put in the guide, items... well, tried to fit them best as I could as you recommended. Still a long way to go.

Din't buy anything so far and I don't have a lot of currency, but if you please just point out what would be my obvious first upgrades to make my leveling forward smoother, would be great help.

Also, should I look to buy anything at this lvl, or just be patient, try to farm some stuff until I get higher?

Thanks
thanks for all the tips, I have managed to get a new bow and i'm now feeling like a beast lol
"
Ruffus_01 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi,

I'm a returning player from a loonng loong time ago, wanted to start fresh in the new league, much has changed since I was gone, so could consider myself a newbee.

First of all, wanted to say thank you for this very detailed guide, I think it's one of the most indepth guides I have seen on these forums, as well on some other games forums as well. Very good job, thank you. If any other players are returning from a long absence or if they are just new to the game, this is the guide to go to.

I have been fallowing this guide and went very smooth so far, but now, lvl 39 in act 4, I just feel a bit weak. Don't want to criticize anything, just want to learn from you more experienced players.

So, staring fresh with just my drops to back me up I made my way to act 4 without any problems. Passive tree is just as you put in the guide, items... well, tried to fit them best as I could as you recommended. Still a long way to go.

Din't buy anything so far and I don't have a lot of currency, but if you please just point out what would be my obvious first upgrades to make my leveling forward smoother, would be great help.

Also, should I look to buy anything at this lvl, or just be patient, try to farm some stuff until I get higher?

Thanks

"Feels weak" is a very broad statement. Build should be fine damage wise, especially if you take it slowly (and most newbies probably do). I suspect you might have problems with defence. At this point you need to start to care about your equipment. Focus on identifying rares and try to find anything with high amount of life and/or resistances. In case you do have problems with damage, you can purchase 4-linked Silverbranch. It should be enough for a long time.
Hi, thank you for the answer.

You are right, I wasn't very clear about the nature of the "weakness". Guess it is defense. I'll try upgrading my gear as much as I can, looking for life and resists.

Until I can get a 4L Silverbranch, do you think would be a good idea to try to make all my sockets of my current bow green (so I can use at least two supports with CA for now)?

Thanks
Guess we found the reason you feel weak. Until act 9 where you'll buy yourself a 5-link bow, you don't have to socket CA inside the bow. The key during early levels is to find a suitable 4-link (GGGG) at all.

You should pick literally any you can find and socket the main setup inside. You can also look for dexterity based gear and throw chromatic orbs on it to change the colors to 4 green too.
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 17, 2018, 6:39:37 AM
Thanks for this guide, im doing fine so far, cleared first T15 map yesterday.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info