[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
__Jambi__ wrote:
Also, why should I not level some gems?

Are you referring to Despair & Wither gems? These two require high Intelligence at high levels so until your character picks up enough Int (through passive skill points and gears), it's better to keep them at lower levels. Just keep tabs on your current Int & decide if the next level is still within the range of use for your character or not. Please look at the following links for more details on the Int requirements as you level up the gems.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Despair

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wither

And in case if you refer to the Cast When Damage Taken & Immortal Call gems, the limit set on their levels is deliberate to ensure they work in tandem.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support

Look at the Strategy part of the page for more details.
Last edited by biaXamseng on Dec 14, 2018, 3:06:55 AM

So far so good I got some decent drops, I was wondering what else should I upgrade im not sure where to go, also how are you hitting 95% evasion? with flask up im sitting at 75% :D
"
__Jambi__ wrote:
Also, why should I not level some gems?

biaXamseng explained that one perfectly, check his reply.

"
Choadis wrote:
Hi Mate, thanks for the great guide! Can you please elaborate on how to achieve >30% item quality? What is the 14-18% craft?

You can unlock multiple crafting options through veiled items that increase quality of an item. 15-18% can be crafted for 4c with 3 different crafts and some more powerful ones like hybrid Quality/AS cost an exalt. Obviously, you should use the cheaper.

"
shortysun wrote:
Spoiler

So far so good I got some decent drops, I was wondering what else should I upgrade im not sure where to go, also how are you hitting 95% evasion? with flask up im sitting at 75% :D

More evade chance from Avatar of Chase is not reflect in character stats. It's invisible, but it works. I'm sure you can feel it.

Your rings and amulet are pretty damn good. Helmet/gloves/belt could be upgraded. They only have good prefixes. Carcass Jack should be later replaced with Kintsugi obviously, once you reach red maps.

Vaal Grace and Dread Banner should be included in your gem setup as well.

Besides that, just upgrades, min-maxing and stuff. Fossil crafted gear, Watcher's eye with 8% evade chance, elder gloves for frenzy charge on kill, better bow (crafted non-ailment chaos DoT multiplier) etc.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
Choadis wrote:
"
DankawSL wrote:
December 9th, 2018
... You can use 14-18% quality craft to increase odds of linking the bow, further reducing the cost. Along with perfect fossil, that's easy 40%+ quality. ...

Hi Mate, thanks for the great guide! Can you please elaborate on how to achieve >30% item quality? What is the 14-18% craft?

i discovered that if Guff "Tiny" Gren is the leader of a safehouse, you will get a reward where you can craft a 24% item after defeating him in the safehouse. That percentage may vary, i think.
"
DankawSL wrote:
December 13th, 2018
Equipment:
* Updated +3 Bow and +3 Staff sections to reflect newest crafting possibilities

Just a word of warning on fossil crafting - With Delve in it's current form this league; it's not as cheap/accessible as it used to be!

If you're buying everything from scratch (the 3 fossils + resonator) as of last night, it cost me 8c for one roll.

Hopefully this situation improves! :D
December 14th, 2018
Equipment:
* Updated Chaos Staff to reflect new crafting method and optional unique staff

Crafting Section:
* Updated Elder Bow crafting to reflect +2 Socketed Support Gems mod.
* Elder Bow crafting now has guaranteed method of crafting +1 arrow bow.
* Chaos Staff has completely new method of crafting. Cheaper and stronger than it used to be before. Finding a person who can craft +2 Socketed Support Gems might be hard...
* Added a recommendation for BHC players to use classic method for +3 bow crafting.

=====================

I'll be honest, i'm angry that i've had to do yet another update for crafting section in such short time. Apparently i didn't search the +2 Socketed Support Gems correctly, there are many unique shields on BSC with it (drop from syndicate mastermind). I was messaged yesterday that someone actually crafted the mod on a CoC bow. At the same time i learned that Non-ailment Chaos DoT and Cold DoT multipliers spawn naturally on staffs, and none of them is attack or caster mod... completely screwing up traditional crafting.

So i've had to think of another way of crafting that's not dependant on RNG (you don't like wasting ~30+ exalts due to pure rng, do you?). Every single method i thought of ended up depending on the +2 support gems mod. So i chose easiest and fairly strong option that is multicraft.

Guaranteed +1 arrow elder bow crafting also uses the +2 support gems mod. Fossil mod crafting is still there if you don't want to depend on it. I'll personally gonna try to farm the mod myself in BHC, so i can provide service for other people. This might take a while tho...

"
HardSave wrote:
Just a word of warning on fossil crafting - With Delve in it's current form this league; it's not as cheap/accessible as it used to be!

If you're buying everything from scratch (the 3 fossils + resonator) as of last night, it cost me 8c for one roll.

Hopefully this situation improves! :D

...Yep. You're second person telling me that. As you can see above, i've added a warning. I don't understand reason why Metallic Fossil is so expensive. Seriously, it can't be that rare, right?. For SC leagues, it's 100% cheaper to use the fossil craft tho (and that's majority of the playerbase after all)

I have been running clarity but always seem to be out of mana. Is there something else I have missed?
X% mana regen on rings will quickly solve your issues. Higher mana pool (Druidic Route gives bonus mana) also helps a lot, as you have bigger room for errors. I've been using Vaal Clarity personally in more mana intensive encounters.

Overall, mana "issue" can be very easily solved. Also if you use GMP, mana per attack is much higher compared to damage support gem.
This build is highly underrated and is really worth taking to completion. I neglected capturing the extra Pantheon mods but holy shit. Elemental ailment AND blind/maim immunity + bleed/phys reduction? Onslaught evade? Vaal Grace and you are pretty much untouchable as long as you keep moving. If anyone is still having defensive problems, chaos resistance makes a HUGE difference. 45% I can take on most T14-15 syndicate forts and kite or grief around corners no problem. Right now I can pretty much clear as fast as I can run/loot up to T14. Once I find the damn fire + chaos res craft and swap my trash amulet, I'll be ele overcapped and chaos maxed :D

I unintentionally swapped in Multi Totems while leveling because my colors were off and HOLY CRAP it's like a free half-decoy totem and debuff upkeep is way better and great for unique mob boss fights. So glad to see it made it into the guide. And OP, I know you don't like Phase Run, but proccing it immediately after casting your totem is instant de-aggro and frenzy-charged, can glide through entire Delve side areas without a peep.

I learned the game on this build, and I will say for new players: It really shines in the meta/end-gear tweaking, which really isn't a huge thing. I got lucky and sold some boots for 2ex, but this build is more than capable of quickly farming chaos vendor recipes.

Also want to give a shoutout to Cold Snap on CWDT for Frenzy upkeep and general defensive QoL, especially in leveling/early mapping. You could even put Poacher's Mark in if you have a free slot (though I don't know about long-term). I can't say the benefits outway some other gem setup, but Frenzy upkeep is really helpful with low DPS/clearspeed. I haven't tried the banner yet, but have been experimenting with Arctic Armor, which I think has kept my survival threshold up in higher tiers.

Question to OP: Does Point Blank affect CA? It might be power of suggestion but the those maps seriously feel like playing a crazy Windripper build.
Last edited by glappoid on Dec 15, 2018, 7:22:17 AM
"
glappoid wrote:

Question to OP: Does Point Blank affect CA? It might be power of suggestion but the those maps seriously feel like playing a crazy Windripper build.

Check the wiki entry for CA;
"Point Blank: Point Blank does not affect the caustic cloud damage, it only affects projectile attack damage."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info