[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
In my opinion this build can greatly be improved too much unnecessary nodes are being taken like the rush to "Finesse" also the fact that in the leveling process you're not rushing for chaos dot multi nodes rather going for life doesn't make sense.
Depends if you play HC or SC. The build creator plays usually HC so there it matters more to not die. In SC you can rush the damage nodes safer and tbh, everyone can level as they prefer, I personally rush to No Witnnesses for faster movement speed while levelling and then unspec it later when I have enough mobility on its own.

There's also a respec tree afaik, which follows the typical way people level: projectile nodes into aspect of the eagle then rush Hunter's Gambit, later pick life nodes into Finesse and respec around lvl 50. I think it's there in the guide somewhere? Idk I don't follow levelling guides usually.

"
I also suggest using toxic rain as leveling rather then caustic arrow.
Imo it's best to use both until you get to maps, I would usually have 3-link into 4-link with both CA and TR, put 1 ca start shooting tr. Even if you get a tabula early you won't get enough supports (and mana regen) to run a 6-link so I would usually go with 5-linking both (CA-TR-void manip-vicious proj-swift affliction-efficacy: last 2 need library quest cuz ranger doesn't get them).

"
You can also ignore "Heart of oak" and "primal spirit" in order to rush to "Growth and Decay"
Tbh out of the 2 primal spirit is good to pick when you start having str/int requirements not met. You can also pick Thief's craft + Prowess while levelling, but generally stat requirements can be a bitch so I often pick nodes because they also provide a stat (like coordination + blood siphon + trickery).

Heart of Oak is not super strong it's 8% life for 2 points and you can skip this, you can also run vitality while levelling (even at low level) to get some basic regen. Revenge of the Hunted is a better life node because you get 16% life and 12% inc damage for 3 points.

But in general I think everyone can take any liberty from levelling guide as long as they enjoy it. Are you comfortable using smoke mine? Use it. Do you like withering step over dash? Sure. As long as it makes sense (for example using herald of agony or atziri's promise flask is a weak choice).

Tbh even in endgame setup people take liberties where they enjoy it, I remember Posid's idea with weapon swap + vigilant strike + vigil jewel for fortify, it's great but not everyone likes to play with weapon swaps. Heck, I deviated from the build by adding toxic rain ballista setup because according to my calculations it gives me more damage than wither totems (this might not be 100% accurate because they tend to die in rituals / boss fights, so I might be betting on the wrong horse here).
Honestly (for me) Doppler chest is BiS. I almost never feel the phys hits with it on, it solves my problems with small hits bcs you instantly start to regen health so you can be slower to react to stuff. No idea how the less chaos dmg taken interacts with divine flesh but I feel tankier anyways.

Overall never looked back after I slapped it on. In total I died like 23 times. Only 3 times to end-game bosses. 2 memory games and once I got slapped by that thicc synth golem boss (first time I fought it tho). I almost never reroll mods on maps I run so I think dying 20 times to like crit/multiple added phys/minus res and vaaled 40-60% deli maps stuff is not bad.

+ I don't look at the mobs/what they do most of the time, I run through packs and just stand there to see if I could tank some boss attacks (for science).

TLDR: good (?)

Next league I am gonna try to make transcended pathfinder CA and hope it works at least as good as this one. : )
"
MrPluszu wrote:
Next league I am gonna try to make transcended pathfinder CA and hope it works at least as good as this one. : )
You mean with loreweave and iron reflexes? I thought about it but how do you mitigate phys damage? Even if you use crab / endurance charges they won't have full uptime? Especially crab without evasion will deplete all the time I think?
Sorry to ask such an stupid question, but... how the hell do you get the aspect of the crab? I mean, you need to have an Eihart mission in the map where the Crab rises, is that the thing? Then you go to Menagerie, of course, and start the ritual and so on.
"
gansus wrote:
how the hell do you get the aspect of the crab?
I buy the beast off trade. You buy an item "Craiceann, First of the Deep", go to menagerie, click it, then it gives the option to craft the crab on an item.

Now if you ask how to do it on SSF...

You need to catch "Craicic Spider Crab" beast (try with Einhar missions / scarabs on the regions where you have passives to get all monsters replaced by beasts or beasts have a chance to be better rarity). Then you need to go to menagerie and craft "open portal to Craiceann's Cove". Then you go in and kill the boss. Einhar will capture him. Then you can craft the crab.

You can also use the chest (Craiceann's Carapace) if you don't mind losing the evasion, it's pretty decent, good life, some resists, immunity to bleed and free aspect. Downside is it needs boatloads of strength to equip and it's bad to colour into anything non red. But if you can't buy the crab it's an option.
Thx again, Vitranka. I have tried to buy the beast off but no chance in PS4
Haven't played for a while.. Think this build will still be viable next league?
"
Lupofin wrote:
Haven't played for a while.. Think this build will still be viable next league?
Wait for patch notes(tm).
This build really did well for me this league. The raider changes where a huge help. Its a tanky build but permanent phasing helps so much when a unique pops up after everything is dead or when your running through stuff delving. Even before I got any decent gear it just felt so much smoother since I back track way to much and didnt have extra arrows.

Harvest has been great since I started using discord. Strangely my DPS was lower then other leagues even with such great gear made. When I think about it my gloves are the only DPS increased gear, helm too I guess. Most of the other harvest / maven crafts I did where defensive or QoL. So Im not to worried by the harvest nerfs for the build.

Not gunna hit level 100. Last month real life got a lot more busy and I took a few deaths doing silly things. 100% delirium, 33% beyond, dodge unlucky,27 mod maps probably should have been avoided. Thanks for the build its nice to have it so well updated and for everyone to help so much on the forum.
League reveal said the crafted veiled mods will be weaker than they're now... I wonder will that screw up the bow crafting. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info