[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Is this point still true with all the new maven content?

'+ Capable of clearing all end game content on reasonable budget'

Or is the budget not reasonable for that anymore (and what amount does reasonable mean?)
"
press_start73 wrote:
IS augment chaos gone from Harvest now?
Nope, next league. I don't know if trading harvest crafts exists on console, self-farming it is obviously much more tedious than trading for it. Typical strat is invest in "lucky craft" node on Haewark Hamlet and spam quick maps like Atoll for harvest. If you have points on uncharted realms, you can pick the node Zana gives double options and spam Zana missions for "complete a harvest" one.

Btw why do you have such a peculiar flask collection there? Atziri's Promise and Lavianga are very poor choices, does console not have normal flasks drop (i.e. white mana, jade, quartz flasks you can craft)?
"
Is this point still true with all the new maven content?
Who knows really since the invitations like "the feared" are only optimal to run in 6 man groups as a rota, does anyone test this content solo anymore? When cortex costs 4,5ex and bottled faith 1,2ex I'm definitely not one to try.

"
Or is the budget not reasonable for that anymore (and what amount does reasonable mean?)
Well I don't know what does "reasonable" mean in eyes of GGG anymore because I don't see any build that can function well on a low budget anymore. They all lack damage, or survivability, or both. Many builds reach "playable" state on 10-20ex budget and then face a wall of each upgrade costs 20ex+ per item from there on.

This build is higher on survivability, lower on damage. There are builds that are the opposite (for example miners, high damage, low survivability on a budget). But to have both... and on a decent budget, pls recommend me a build because I'd love to know. I have a friend who plays a lot of builds (since I usually stick to 1 char per league, I don't test many) and this season he played: enki's arc witch, carrion golem LL necro, champion splitting steel, champion slammer, akane's scion miner and none of these ended up "cheap".
Well, i have personally played the 8 bosses fight a pair of times and i have already "trapped" 6 more bosses (Lex Ejoris), everything solo, and have not got much of a problem with your build.

My real problem is i got tired of playing the game right now: i need to get the +2 to supported gems to craft the endgame bow and... well, have killed Catarina 3 times and still nothing (2 of them using the tip to activate Kalandra`s Craft right after defeating her but before ending up). So I dont feel i want to use the required amount of time to do it once more and... well, probably more times.

Maybe you were talking about defeating the Maven itself and so on, not sure
"
gansus wrote:
My real problem is i got tired of playing the game right now: i need to get the +2 to supported gems to craft the endgame bow and... well, have killed Catarina 3 times and still nothing (2 of them using the tip to activate Kalandra`s Craft right after defeating her but before ending up). So I dont feel i want to use the required amount of time to do it once more and... well, probably more times.
Kalandra craft was nerfed I heard. I don't know, I just buy "Catarina's veiled" items off trade. How does that fare on console I have no idea.

And yeah, if we're talking normal mapping, 10 map boss fights, etc. that's not a problem. Problem starts higher, like 100% delirious maps (it's inefficient to try it with this build) or high end boss fights witnessed by Maven (Uber Elder, Cortex, etc.), the Feared invitation and so forth. Hell, I killed Sirus 8 this league with fossil crafted bow because I didn't have the currency to craft the proper one yet.
Spoiler
By that I mean bow like this:

It's fairly cheap to make, corroded fossils are a bit expensive but they were 10c each when I was making it.
I've killed Maven several times and the Feared twice (White First time, then yellow) in SSF. My current gear took quite a bit of harvest farming, but my first Maven was with a couple fewer dot multi mods. Catarina grind was definitely the worst part.
"
manehi wrote:
I've killed Maven several times and the Feared twice (White First time, then yellow) in SSF. My current gear took quite a bit of harvest farming, but my first Maven was with a couple fewer dot multi mods. Catarina grind was definitely the worst part.
That's some pretty neat gear for SSF restricted play, especially the quiver.
My gear is way more crappy that that guys (and I kinda went my own way with Divine Flesh and doppler body armour) and I cleared everything besides the Feared. I just don't see the point to do that fight. Killed Maven like 4 times, survived most of her attacks, even that mini-shaper slam multiple times. And lets be honest most of my pieces are like ~ok at best. It kills things like Maven and Sirus slowly but I pretty much never die unless I just stand in place for multiple seconds. Lately only Kosis managed to one shot me on wave 20 but there were some bullcrap mods.
"
MrPluszu wrote:
My gear is way more crappy that that guys (and I kinda went my own way with Divine Flesh and doppler body armour) and I cleared everything besides the Feared.
Oh yea, how's that chest serving you? I remember I asked author of the guide about the opinion and he said no health = it's bad. But I never tried it. Atm I'm running sporeguard because I was desperate for extra anoint, but thought Maven chest looks like an extra aspect of the crab on top of it, so is it good?

I really wondered if it's a decent replacement of Kintsugi if it keeps costing 5ex every league... On the other hand it's Maven's drop = no early availability...

I think outside of Harvest league I never managed to cap chaos res for divine flesh (currently have some pathetic rolls and don't feel like paying through the roof for r/a chaos from harvest traders) so I was trying some other tricks like chainbreaker for damage reduction from berserk and the maraketh jewel for flask charges (fueled by some tragic mishap of running 8mod no mana regen map with particularly nasty metamorph I couldn't kill within mana flask charges).

One thing I found out I should stop greeding on damage over hp, I was running 5k life because yolo softcore and was dying significantly more than when I shifted few things around and got 6,2k now.

"
MrPluszu wrote:
I just don't see the point to do that fight. Killed Maven like 4 times, survived most of her attacks, even that mini-shaper slam multiple times.
Glad you and Manehi chipped in with your boss experience, I really don't have much myself because they're just expensive and unprofitable to run and it's often cheaper to buy a spot in 6-man party than the map boss itself (sad state of economy tbh). The only bosses I did solo this league was Sirus 8, Shaper, Uber Atziri and Charged Chayula... (and smaller stuff like Elder guardians, 10 map bosses arena etc.) everything else was in groups.

Also this league I finally got converted to the Raider club, I played similar builds on Pathfinder for several leagues but the Raider buffs are just so good (always phasing, always ailment immune, always fast and 15% dodge) that I think this tips the scale for me. Also I'm pretty sad they cut PF's aoe from 50% increased to 30% increased, it's not as great as it used to be (basically nullifying most of conc effect).

Sadly now I have to relearn how to conserve my flasks on bosses instead of spamming them brainlessly.
In my opinion this build can greatly be improved too much unnecessary nodes are being taken like the rush to "Finesse" also the fact that in the leveling process you're not rushing for chaos dot multi nodes rather going for life doesn't make sense. Most bosses and pack clearing seems really hard due to lack of dps. I think there can be great improvement in this build not to be arrogant or toxic. I also suggest using toxic rain as leveling rather then caustic arrow. You can also ignore "Heart of oak" and "primal spirit" in order to rush to "Growth and Decay" following by Written of Blood. At last you take the node "Atrophy" then path down to "Acrobatics" and "Herbalism".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info