[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

I don't see a section on Anointing. Anyone got recommended nodes?
"
DankawSL wrote:
I've discussed Withering Step before. No, i don't see it being useful in any case except CWDT setup for extra defence. In every other it will be cancelled after really short time, meaning it doesn't really do much.

I rarely use Blink Arrow, which is there to escape sticky situations/crossing gaps. Movement speed simply carries me through almost every single fight. So why would i want to invest in cooldown recovery? Absolutely no in this case too.

oh interesting.
ya i love it. im used to using it effectively and efficiently as well. its such a massive boost in movement speed nearly anytime you want it, especially with the lowered cooldown.

you can think of it as a quicksilver flask and vaal grace all in one on a 3 second cooldown, or whats going to be in my case a 1.8 second cooldown. extremely useful
Last edited by xMustard on Dec 27, 2019, 2:01:01 AM
What about killing Sirus with this build?...
Hello
First of all, thanks for the build. It's really cool and not so expensive without min/maxing.

I have no problem clearing up to t10 now. However, the thing that I can't do is any blighted map (tried t2 and t8), since I'm aways overwhelmed by mobs during the last minute. Do you have any suggestions on howto do it with this build? Or just forget about them?

Thanks.
Last edited by Yovbl4 on Dec 27, 2019, 10:01:12 AM
"
Yovbl4 wrote:
Hello
First of all, thanks for the build. It's really cool and not so expensive without min/maxing.

I have no problem clearing up to t10 now. However, the thing that I can't do is any blighted map (tried t2 and t8), since I'm aways overwhelmed by mobs during the last minute. Do you have any suggestions on howto do it with this build? Or just forget about them?

Thanks.

i like having at least 4 totems with toxic rain - for the slow. with ballista totem support and multi totem support you can have 5 in total.
then you're more free to focus on throwing dps towers down. it also helps a TON to anoint your blighted maps with the 60% reduced building and upgrade cost anoint
"
I don't see a section on Anointing. Anyone got recommended nodes?

Annointments are listed where it's logical to be - in equipment section.

"
xMustard wrote:
Spoiler
oh interesting.
ya i love it. im used to using it effectively and efficiently as well. its such a massive boost in movement speed nearly anytime you want it, especially with the lowered cooldown.

you can think of it as a quicksilver flask and vaal grace all in one on a 3 second cooldown, or whats going to be in my case a 1.8 second cooldown. extremely useful

Yes, it's like Quicksilver flaks and Vaal Grace. With one detail - Withering Step doesn't work during actual combat, turning it into completely useless skill. What's the point of using defensive skill that doesn't work when it's needed the most? Current move speed values are enough to dodge basically anything.

"
Yovbl4 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello

Thanks.

You're having problems due to poor strategy. With a good one, last minute is in fact the part where you don't really have to do anything, as seen on my videos. I created Guide to Blight Towers some time ago, should help you out.

"
xMustard wrote:
Spoiler
i like having at least 4 totems with toxic rain - for the slow. with ballista totem support and multi totem support you can have 5 in total.
then you're more free to focus on throwing dps towers down. it also helps a TON to anoint your blighted maps with the 60% reduced building and upgrade cost anoint

If you use 60% reduced cost then no matter what tower you'll build, you will win. I remember that Scout tower spam strategy, which is a garbage tower, getting carried by that annointment.

If your strategy is good, then you should have no problems without any extra help.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 27, 2019, 12:30:31 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
Yes, it's like Quicksilver flaks and Vaal Grace. With one detail - Withering Step doesn't work during actual combat, turning it into completely useless skill. What's the point of using defensive skill that doesn't work when it's needed the most? Current move speed values are enough to dodge basically anything.

what makes you think it doesn't work during combat? caustic arrow is hit and run, and with such a low cooldown you can literally pop it in between each and every time you apply your CA pool.
it only goes away when you use a skill or the buff runs out, which is like a very long time.

i guess you're just not used to using it. i also forgot to mention its a free activation of phasing if and when you need it as well. if you can't keep phasing up 100% of the time vs a boss or something, you can still pop it and get phasing for the benefits, including status ailment immunity.

ya i love it. you don't have to use it by any means, but i think you're severely underestimating its utility. no worries. i always adapt builds to what i think is best and plays well for me.

cheers
I'm confused. I'm trying to craft an additional projectile elder bow. I got the 'skills fire an additional projectile. I regaled and got two prefixes. The guide said to craft 'suffixes can't be changed' and then scour to remove the prefixes. I did that at the cost of 2 exalts and it removed them but now it's a blue bow again, and I'm basically back to where I started.

I can't craft anything else until it's regaled again into a rare. I'm a little frustrated that I just spent 2 exalts for what appears to be nothing.
"
xMustard wrote:
Spoiler
what makes you think it doesn't work during combat? caustic arrow is hit and run, and with such a low cooldown you can literally pop it in between each and every time you apply your CA pool.
it only goes away when you use a skill or the buff runs out, which is like a very long time.

i guess you're just not used to using it. i also forgot to mention its a free activation of phasing if and when you need it as well. if you can't keep phasing up 100% of the time vs a boss or something, you can still pop it and get phasing for the benefits, including status ailment immunity.

ya i love it. you don't have to use it by any means, but i think you're severely underestimating its utility. no worries. i always adapt builds to what i think is best and plays well for me.

cheers

Unless you show your usage on a video, i won't budge from my opinion. There's not a single case where i see it being useful during combat. It's not like i'm biased. I actually play out the situations in my head and every time i can use the buff, it's always a situation where i won't get hit anyway.

"
percydaman2 wrote:
Spoiler
I'm confused. I'm trying to craft an additional projectile elder bow. I got the 'skills fire an additional projectile. I regaled and got two prefixes. The guide said to craft 'suffixes can't be changed' and then scour to remove the prefixes. I did that at the cost of 2 exalts and it removed them but now it's a blue bow again, and I'm basically back to where I started.

I can't craft anything else until it's regaled again into a rare. I'm a little frustrated that I just spent 2 exalts for what appears to be nothing.
Everything went exactly as it supposed to. You didn't follow the steps and you paid the price. To remind:

Step 2: Regal the bow:
* If you hit second of the listed mods, go to the next step.
* If you hit suffix, you can choose if you want to stop or to go to next step.
* If you hit any prefix mod, scour the bow and return to step 1.

Your outcome is exactly the reason why the step says to not proceed with crafting. Also i don't list elder bow in my guide for a reason. There's small chance to hit 7-link onslaught as a prefix instead of +1 gems, potentially wasting multiple exalts.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Okay, thanks for the info. I'm an advanced crafting newbie. I wouldn't have bothered if I had understood there was a chance at the brick from the onslaught mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info