[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

What are we dropping to pick up (the seemingly necessary) viscous projectile support?
"
sephonly wrote:

I've never played CA but the biggest drawback of trying to scale both is GMP. GMP will gimp your DOT by 26% less damage. Next, by going for phys damage on the bow not using +3 gems will probably make you miss out on a further 35% more DOT buff (that's the difference between the current L20 vs L23 CA gem). That is pretty big combined. It will bring you down to about HALF the damage you could do without GMP and by using a +3, at which point you might wonder if it's better to just scale for hits. Once you start doing that you might try to get to 100% chance to poison and using a Herald of Agony, etc.

The tree would be only slightly modified since you could choose generic damage mods that affect both (i.e. chaos and projectile damage - avoiding physical and DOT), but it's using GMP and losing +3 that's the biggest problem IMO! Better off only scaling one and using whatever damage you get out of the other as a secondary damage buff. Just my 2 cents.

That's exactly right, as I said some posts before, you'd better get LMP if you don't have a lv4 empower, and get +1 Quiver and Dying sun when you get a lv4. That will make you overlap your DoT while not getting your damage capped by LMP/GMP.
so you think this can work as a toxic rain build?
Hight pDPS bow and decay essence might be a better choice?
So you level this as ed+cont for op easy mode then switch to ca at 70+ with good gear?
1. OhhPaigey, when will you update this build to patch 3.4?
2. Is it good league starter?
why CA lvl 28 in PoB? Fake DPS?
Last edited by tAfkaE on Aug 31, 2018, 12:39:58 PM
"
tAfkaE wrote:

Level 21 gem with +3 bow and level 5 empower. Expensive but doable on endgame budget.
Guys, 10 minutes left to league start:)
So, what? We stick with trickster or go for PF?
Last edited by RawDamage on Aug 31, 2018, 3:52:06 PM
"
Adultswim3 wrote:
"
tAfkaE wrote:

Level 21 gem with +3 bow and level 5 empower. Expensive but doable on endgame budget.

but it's 28 + bow(+2) + empower3(+2) so it is 32

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info