[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
leolarizza wrote:
"
DeerFart wrote:
"
Albenza wrote:
Edit: Still disappointed that they focused so much on the arrow hit, instead of the DoT, but yeah, it was a buff atleast.

It's not just a buff

It's 903.4 damage at level 17, vs 437.5 now. Granted duration has been more than halved but the damage sounds like it will be ridiculous.
So is it more important to get a high phys damage bow now?
"
scytheavatar wrote:

It's not just a buff

It's 903.4 damage at level 17, vs 437.5 now. Granted duration has been more than halved but the damage sounds like it will be ridiculous.

oh, yeah, for sure, like i said, atleast 2.5x more damage, not counting on overlapping, BUT what i meant was that I'm afraid that the best builds for it will be PF CA with poison, shotgunning and pretty much making CA a poison tornado shot, but of course, I might be wrong and it will be stronger to focus on the DoT.
"
leolarizza wrote:
"
scytheavatar wrote:

It's not just a buff

oh, yeah, for sure, like i said, atleast 2.5x more damage, not counting on overlapping, BUT what i meant was that I'm afraid that the best builds for it will be PF CA with poison, shotgunning and pretty much making CA a poison tornado shot, but of course, I might be wrong and it will be stronger to focus on the DoT.

Well the damage effectiveness and base damage of the new caustic arrow will probably mean that focusing on the DoT will still be better. The skill actually does 1714.8 chaos dps at lvl 20 compared to 765 so it might be pretty good. I kinda want to try it myself.
new caustic arrow level 20 is equal damage to a level 28.5 old caustic arrow

On top of that you get the physical+explosion portion AND a lot of new nodes scaling damage over time.

Safe to say CA Trickster will be a crazy boss killer
How is this build for a league starter that can farm uber lab early?
So playing lifebased pathfinder with a lioneyes glare for high pdps and decent attack speed to get at least a few stacks of poison with the prolif and chance to double poison damage i think a combination of high pdps initial hit poisoning and high dot damage without +2/3 gems is still a very good way to go or isnt it? Especially in high level delves the combination of said damage sources could outclass the pure dot by a lot or am i missing something? I never precalculated a build so im new to this but i would think a combination is better than the pure dot. correct me please so i can start my league starter right
wow my grammar is awful - rip eyes
"
Equilibro wrote:
So playing lifebased pathfinder with a lioneyes glare for high pdps and decent attack speed to get at least a few stacks of poison with the prolif and chance to double poison damage i think a combination of high pdps initial hit poisoning and high dot damage without +2/3 gems is still a very good way to go or isnt it? Especially in high level delves the combination of said damage sources could outclass the pure dot by a lot or am i missing something? I never precalculated a build so im new to this but i would think a combination is better than the pure dot. correct me please so i can start my league starter right

I was wondering the same
"
Sigx wrote:
"
Equilibro wrote:

I was wondering the same

Was also thinking about this, seems like it could be a good way to go
"
Meuhmeuh wrote:
"
Sigx wrote:
"
Equilibro wrote:

I was wondering the same

Was also thinking about this, seems like it could be a good way to go

I've never played CA but the biggest drawback of trying to scale both is GMP. GMP will gimp your DOT by 26% less damage. Next, by going for phys damage on the bow not using +3 gems will probably make you miss out on a further 35% more DOT buff (that's the difference between the current L20 vs L23 CA gem). That is pretty big combined. It will bring you down to about HALF the damage you could do without GMP and by using a +3, at which point you might wonder if it's better to just scale for hits. Once you start doing that you might try to get to 100% chance to poison and using a Herald of Agony, etc.

The tree would be only slightly modified since you could choose generic damage mods that affect both (i.e. chaos and projectile damage - avoiding physical and DOT), but it's using GMP and losing +3 that's the biggest problem IMO! Better off only scaling one and using whatever damage you get out of the other as a secondary damage buff. Just my 2 cents.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info