[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
bnews22 wrote:
When I know it's time to change for caustic arrow?

I changed to CA and CI around level 70 when I began mapping. It was a little bit slower, but you can buy a currupted (0%) CA gem quite cheap and then you´re unstoppable on low tier maps.
Hey Enjoying this build, could check my profile and tell me what to do the next?... I see you have 4000 ES regen, I only reach 2.500... I know I have to level up all gems...
The damage is mainly chaos . CI I presume means chaos inoculation and is it because your damage hurts you ? Sorry new player to the game and I am playing standard.
"
Desarix wrote:
The damage is mainly chaos . CI I presume means chaos inoculation and is it because your damage hurts you ? Sorry new player to the game and I am playing standard.

Hey! Yes CI means chaos inoculation, you are immune to chaos damage, but Your OWN damage can't hurt you because chaos damage can't be reflected.
You need to be immune to chaos because you have a LOT Energy shield, but very low life, and chaos damage could bypass the energy shield, thus kill you quickly. If you are immune to chaos, you can laught at chaos warbands - chaos guardian while others run crying :)
"
maugli2 wrote:
"
Desarix wrote:

Hey! Yes CI means chaos inoculation, you are immune to chaos damage, but Your OWN damage can't hurt you because chaos damage can't be reflected.
You need to be immune to chaos because you have a LOT Energy shield, but very low life, and chaos damage could bypass the energy shield, thus kill you quickly. If you are immune to chaos, you can laught at chaos warbands - chaos guardian while others run crying :)

I see thanks for that explanation. Does all damage in the game that you attack with hurt you too or only chaos damage? So there is friendly fire then and my own damage like fire can hurt both myself and my minions ?
Last edited by Desarix on Mar 23, 2018, 4:51:22 PM
"
Desarix wrote:
"
maugli2 wrote:
"
Desarix wrote:

I see thanks for that explanation. Does all damage in the game that you attack with hurt you too or only chaos damage? So there is friendly fire then and my own damage like fire can hurt both myself and my minions ?

no...

there is reflect which can reflect you damage back to you
Creator
"
Desarix wrote:

There's a few reasons to go CI. One was so I could test out new shaped mods on ES body armor which I thought sounded quite OP, and at the time, was super underpriced, people were practically giving them away.

CI means you have 1 life and so you rely on ES, ES is generally easier to gain a larger "pool" of than Life is, and a heck of a lot cheaper in recent patches, since most people are running Life.

Being chaos immune from CI is also quite powerful, a typical life based build will mostly ignore chaos resistance, since there aren't many mobs that are scary enough to warrant deliberately rolling Chaos res on gear. However, there are a few that can do a lot of damage very quickly if you aren't paying attention, since we're CI, we can basically ignore them completely.

--

Chaos damage can't be reflected, and our damage doesn't hurt us.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Impressive footage! Looks really nice. I just started a Caustic Arrow build some days ago - unfortunatly as Ranger. I didn't wanna prepare much and read into several guides. So I just started playing with the goal of using Caustic Arrow.
Is ES the main reason for its tankability or can I somehow make this tanky style work on a life based character - starting as ranger? What Ascendancy would you recommend?
"
marc004 wrote:
Impressive footage! Looks really nice. I just started a Caustic Arrow build some days ago - unfortunatly as Ranger. I didn't wanna prepare much and read into several guides. So I just started playing with the goal of using Caustic Arrow.
Is ES the main reason for its tankability or can I somehow make this tanky style work on a life based character - starting as ranger? What Ascendancy would you recommend?

Trickster is the main reason we can survive so many things.

A Champion is a life based option possibly.

As for ranger, idk, maybe Deadeye.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
nvm
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 27, 2018, 2:16:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info