[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

I'm planning to start with CA in bestiary as well, but considering that I'm gonna be playing in SSF I will set the switch to CI as a late game goal, probably gonna be chancing for Soul Strike as well.

Gonna level as ED most probably till I get a 5L bow and some levels on CA.
Do you think the single target damage around lvl 75+ will be decent enough to kill up to ~T10 bosses or will I be better with staying pure ED with maybe blight until I get a delirium essence and lvl 18+ CA/ED?
Which Ascendaties for 3.2.0?

Or is there a better choice than trickster for this build?
"
CroDanZ wrote:

Trickster is still the best I think, Occultist is "almost the same" more flat ES, BUT less evasion, ES recharge can't be interrupted BUT less recharge rate, slower start of recharge, Sooo its a bit different, but an option.
Nice build.
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
would you use a hybrid body armor with these ascendancy changes? or does escape artist not matter that much? I want to try this build in 3.2 but probably not as a league starter unfortunately. might have to hop on the JUGG train first :D
Thanks for the build guide. I was looking for CI poison build and found yours. Very informative and looks fun will surely give it a try and start season with.
Couple of questions:
1) Could you recommend any other clearing set-up instead of CA, but it would have synergy with the build? Want something more active, than one hit and running around.
2) What about new Escape Artist? Maybe Eva/ES chest is even better than pure ES? Maybe there is a good unique option?

Thanks for answers and good luck in new league :)
"
Jagaimo wrote:
I'm planning to start with CA in bestiary as well, but considering that I'm gonna be playing in SSF I will set the switch to CI as a late game goal, probably gonna be chancing for Soul Strike as well.

Gonna level as ED most probably till I get a 5L bow and some levels on CA.
Do you think the single target damage around lvl 75+ will be decent enough to kill up to ~T10 bosses or will I be better with staying pure ED with maybe blight until I get a delirium essence and lvl 18+ CA/ED?

https://youtu.be/sxrcdgfUlaM?t=2m55s This was one of my first maps I ran with this build after leveling, it was inefficient in many ways, low level gems, wrong/bad gear, think I was missing two or four ascendancy points. I don't think I used ED at all on that boss fight.

I think if you have decent luck, okay gear and avoid rip mods you could potentially be able to clear T10 with CA, but it probably won't be the easiest thing ever. So yeah, up to you.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
CroDanZ wrote:

Trickster: Ghost Dance, Patient Reaper, Prolonged Pain & then Escape Artist or Swift Killer, my default is Escape Artist atm.

an Occultist version, as mentioned above is viable, as it was in 3.1, with a few tweaks, but I like Trickster, the point of this build was to have evasion but stacking ES so you have insane recharge, almost instantly, and while in combat a lot of times.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Abek wrote:
would you use a hybrid body armor with these ascendancy changes? or does escape artist not matter that much? I want to try this build in 3.2 but probably not as a league starter unfortunately. might have to hop on the JUGG train first :D

This won't be a black and white answer because there's too many variables. When comparing a hybrid & pure ES chest, at their peak stats, a hybrid body armor is considerably better than ES. But when you start comparing lower & middle end chests, it really all depends. So, the answer is, it depends on what your options are.

Now, Escape Artist in general is OP if you're using a pure ES helmet (which you should be), this is an easy 3k~ Evasion (30%+) chance to evade. So I'm probably taking it just for that, and then if I happen to find a nice hybrid chest, it makes the choice that much better.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Harlemott wrote:
Thanks for the build guide. I was looking for CI poison build and found yours. Very informative and looks fun will surely give it a try and start season with.
Couple of questions:
1) Could you recommend any other clearing set-up instead of CA, but it would have synergy with the build? Want something more active, than one hit and running around.
2) What about new Escape Artist? Maybe Eva/ES chest is even better than pure ES? Maybe there is a good unique option?

Thanks for answers and good luck in new league :)

Thank you.

There isn't another bow skill that would work with this exact build.

I think the closest thing you'll get to a build like this, but without CA, is like Scorching Ray.

Escape Artist makes hybrid chests a potential option, but not always the right option over pure ES chests, gonna depend on your rolls and all of that, but yes, it is now an option -- Atziri's Splendour comes to mind right away, these are usually pretty cheap.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info