[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
maugli2 wrote:
"
Tiffiklotz wrote:

It's not so easy, Think about 700 ES because we lose the old (+250 to ES) ascendancy node. Not to mention coloring an evasion item to blue!
I hope they bring a new high ES/Evasion hybrid item, else if my calculations are right, Atziri's Splendour can give 1020 Eva(170 ES) AND 450 ES, which is "only" 80 ES loss. So I think a hybrid ES/Eva item is a way to go

I thought about coloring in the moment when I pressed "Submit" :-) Could be a problem.

Is there a difference for the total amount of Energy Shield between +250 ES and [+1 ES per 6 Evasion]*250 ?
"
maugli2 wrote:
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
maugli2 wrote:
Hey!
Accuracy is written as a recommended stat for helm.
May I ask why is that so?

In order to proc Mirage Archer, your initial arrow from Caustic Arrow needs to hit something, the AoE cloud does not proc MA.

Thanks for the quick answer! So I guess we don't need that +95% high acc like faceburst barrage machine guns... 80-90% should be enough

Right, Accuracy isn't necessary, just could potentially help with uptime of MA.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Tiffiklotz wrote:
What do you think about the Ascendancy changes? My first impression was a great buff. Then I was thinking about the changes in Shade Form / Escape Artist. Instead of flat Evasion/ES it is now based on Helmet ES and Body Evasion. However, 450 ES from Body (means 2700 Evasion) is relatively easy I guess. I´m thinking about Hyrri's Ire with high Evasion and Chance to Dodge as well as extremely helpful Dex or any good rare body with high res.
Please correct my if I´m wrong, I´ve never played a CI build and this build is what I´m going to start with.

Taking a quick look, I don't like them.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Hi, thanks for your great guide !!
I want to start the new league with your build, with the new ascendancies i want to try your build as a witch occultist, to gain hexproof cursing and stun immune while you have energy shield.
Do you think it will be as good as trickster?
I´m trying to analyze the Ascendancy changes in detail in order to understand my first Trickster build :)

Spoiler
Swift Killer
no changes

Patient Reaper (and the node before)
OLD:
10% Increased Damage over Time
4% Increased Attack and Cast Speed
30% Increased Damage over Time
70% increased Recovery Rate of Life, Mana and Energy Shield if you've Killed an Enemy affected by your Damage Over Time Recently

NEW:
8% Increased Evasion Rating
8% Increased maximum Energy Shield
50% increased Damage over Time
Recover 2% of Maximum Life on Kill
Recover 2% of Maximum Energy Shield on Kill
Recover 4% of Maximum Mana on Kill
70% increased Recovery Rate of Life, Mana and Energy Shield if you've Killed an Enemy affected by your Damage Over Time Recently

Ghost Dance (and the node before)
OLD:
20% faster start of Energy Shield recharge
5% Change to Dodge Attacks
5% Change to Dodge Spell Damage
10% increased Movement Speed while on full Energy Shield

NEW:
40% increased Attack and Cast Speed if Energy Shield Recharge has started Recently
20% more chance to Evade while on full Energy Shield
10% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spell Damage while you have Energy Shield
10% increased Movement Speed while you have Energy Shield

OLD Shade Form (and the node before)
+500 to Evasion Rating
+250 to Maximum Energy Shield
20% increased Attack and Cast Speed if Energy Shield Recharge has started Recently
20% more chance to Evade Attacks while not on full Energy Shield

NEW: Escape Artist (and the node before)
+5 to Evasion Rating per 1 maximum Energy Shield on Helmet
+1 to maximum Energy Shield per Evasion Rating on Body Armour
Cannot be Stunned if you haven´t been Hit Recently
8% Reduced Damage taken if you haven´t been Hit Recently

Summary:
- 10% + 30% Increased Damage over Time now becomes 50% in Cruel Lab
- 10% Increased Movement Speed ON FULL Energy Shield is now available if you have (any) ES
- 20% more chance to Evade Attacks while not on full ES is now available for full ES
- both, 5% Chance to dogdge Attacks/Spell Damage from Ghost Dance is replaced by 10% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spell Damage while you have Energy Shield
- 20% Increased Attack and Cast Speef if ES Recharge has started recently is now doubled to 40%
- additionally removed:
20% faster start of Energy Shield recharge
+500 to Evasion Rating
+250 to Maximum Energy Shield
- additionally added:
Recover 2% of Maximum Life on Kill
Recover 2% of Maximum Energy Shield on Kill
Recover 4% of Maximum Mana on Kill
+5 to Evasion Rating per 1 maximum Energy Shield on Helmet
+1 to maximum Energy Shield per Evasion Rating on Body Armour
Cannot be Stunned if you haven´t been Hit Recently
8% Reduced Damage taken if you haven´t been Hit Recently

Again, I´ve never played this class but it sound not bad at all. I´ll try it!
"
Mezh wrote:
Hi, thanks for your great guide !!
I want to start the new league with your build, with the new ascendancies i want to try your build as a witch occultist, to gain hexproof cursing and stun immune while you have energy shield.
Do you think it will be as good as trickster?

Yes, Occultist Witch sounds good. A few people have done this exact build but on an Occultist Witch with success, they seemed to have gotten buffed in 3.2, so it'll be even better now.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
I really like the look of this. Can this be done as a league starter do you think?

And note that I normally only make 1 build per league :D
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 28, 2018, 5:20:10 AM
"
brunowa wrote:
I really like the look of this. Can this be done as a league starter do you think?

And note that I normally only make 1 build per league :D

This league, ES wasn't very popular, after I released the guide the shaped rare chest armor started going up in price, but things were still relatively affordable. I like this as a league starter, though if the meta goes to ES it's gonna be a little more painful to gear, currency wise.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Please help me! My head hutrs since they realised I am calculating Prolonged Pain (15% more DoT damage + 20% inc. skill effect duration) VS Swift Killer (5% inc. dmg per charge, and f/p.charge On Kill)
This shouldn't be a problem because 4 frenzy charge is 16% more damage Itself not to mention inc. dmg per charge BUT! when I think of endgame, there are situations when there are no ads to kill, thus Prolonged Pain could be better!
What do you think?

I also calculated between Occultist vs Trickster, but for long-term I would vote on Trickster (faster ES recharge, more dodge/evade, ES on kill)

Thanks for your answer in advance!
"
maugli2 wrote:
Please help me! My head hutrs since they realised I am calculating Prolonged Pain (15% more DoT damage + 20% inc. skill effect duration) VS Swift Killer (5% inc. dmg per charge, and f/p.charge On Kill)
This shouldn't be a problem because 4 frenzy charge is 16% more damage Itself not to mention inc. dmg per charge BUT! when I think of endgame, there are situations when there are no ads to kill, thus Prolonged Pain could be better!
What do you think?

I also calculated between Occultist vs Trickster, but for long-term I would vote on Trickster (faster ES recharge, more dodge/evade, ES on kill)

Thanks for your answer in advance!

I take back what I said earlier about how I don't like the Trickster changes. It seems like most ascendancies in general got buffed, and Trickster is no exception.

The good thing about the changes too, is you have two choices now, depending if you want stun immunity or more damage (Escape Artist vs Swift Killer).

Anyways, besides those two choices, we'll be going Ghost Dance, Patient Reaper, Prolonged Pain & then Escape Artist or Swift Killer, my default is Escape Artist atm.

Overall the main thing we gained from patch 3.2 here is the option for stun immunity which some people had an issue with, and an overall damage buff for CA and ED by something like, roughly 20-25%. And more defense.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info