[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
Ongoing wrote:
Could you recommend a decent 5L bow since you said this build will work with a 5L? Or did you mean it would work with a 5L armor piece? I'm currently level 59, decided to just level up with Caustic Arrow once I was able to use it(pain in the ass, not worth doing) and I'm currently only hitting for 1100 DPS. Have yet to switch over to the ES version of the build, stuck at 1900 for life. My armor and rings, etc, don't really help me because they're all very low level but that's not why I'm here, I just need help choosing the right bow. :P

http://poe.trade/search/mototugoyorira

Best of luck. (:

There isn't a 5L version of that bow, only a 4L. :(
"
Ongoing wrote:
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
Ongoing wrote:
Could you recommend a decent 5L bow since you said this build will work with a 5L? Or did you mean it would work with a 5L armor piece? I'm currently level 59, decided to just level up with Caustic Arrow once I was able to use it(pain in the ass, not worth doing) and I'm currently only hitting for 1100 DPS. Have yet to switch over to the ES version of the build, stuck at 1900 for life. My armor and rings, etc, don't really help me because they're all very low level but that's not why I'm here, I just need help choosing the right bow. :P

http://poe.trade/search/mototugoyorira

Best of luck. (:

There isn't a 5L version of that bow, only a 4L. :(

There was 4 when I posted it. Guess you'll have to keep live search open.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Ok so I legit just...switched to CA at around level 50. I bit the bullet and bought a 5L silverbough (sorry Ongoing) and just went with it. My survivability skyrocketed by not having to stand prone in mobs to kill things, AND I get to feel the playstyle out as I keep going.

Current gear at lvl53

I'm still in the tabula and wanderlust. I swapped out my elreon jewelry for some stuff with live and resists, got a placeholder quiver with some life and res. I feel like the 5L is the pivotal point here so if anyone can get one of those, you can drop the blade vortex much sooner if you prefer.
"
Ishiga25 wrote:
Ok so I legit just...switched to CA at around level 50. I bit the bullet and bought a 5L silverbough (sorry Ongoing) and just went with it. My survivability skyrocketed by not having to stand prone in mobs to kill things, AND I get to feel the playstyle out as I keep going.

Current gear at lvl53

I'm still in the tabula and wanderlust. I swapped out my elreon jewelry for some stuff with live and resists, got a placeholder quiver with some life and res. I feel like the 5L is the pivotal point here so if anyone can get one of those, you can drop the blade vortex much sooner if you prefer.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're finding success.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
i'm having trouble not dying with BV, it could be my setup.

anyhow at what point would i wanna switch to caustic arrow?
"
bakaro22 wrote:
i'm having trouble not dying with BV, it could be my setup.

anyhow at what point would i wanna switch to caustic arrow?

Try running Warlords Mark + Blasph or life leech gem in BV.

After you beat the game, act 10.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Ishiga25 wrote:

Current gear at lvl53

Why are you apologizing fam? I'm glad you found one. Paige hooked me up after I was looking for an item, it just happened to be her item so she was hella nice and got me setup for when I'm able to switch.
SO double disc watchers eyes are going for 40ex soooo that's a no go straight up, not even a "farm towards" goal type thing for me. Is it worth it to get a watchers eye jewel with just x1 disc trait? if so which one would be most beneficial?

also your guide is amazing, legit, i play a ton of builds through out the league, usually taking them to or around shaper then calling it quits and playing another one, you including poe trade search links on all of your items is next level. i'm not saying no one does that, but not a lot of people do, and it was extremely nice. tyvm
Last edited by Emek on Jan 7, 2018, 6:59:30 PM
"
Emek wrote:
SO double disc watchers eyes are going for 40ex soooo that's a no go straight up, not even a "farm towards" goal type thing for me. Is it worth it to get a watchers eye jewel with just x1 disc trait? if so which one would be most beneficial?

also your guide is amazing, legit, i play a ton of builds through out the league, usually taking them to or around shaper then calling it quits and playing another one, you including poe trade search links on all of your items is next level. i'm not saying no one does that, but not a lot of people do, and it was extremely nice. tyvm

You're looking at around 0.10s less ES recharge delay or 200~ ES regen a second. Probably the faster start of ES recharge is the best.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Here's a video of me doing a Shaped Strand (Tier 9), with 4 sextants active:
https://youtu.be/WOuhEXLtRRg
Gear and passive tree in the description.
Update:
Another video of a T15 Lava Lake map:
https://youtu.be/Eq3yENorEdU
2nd update:
Got a new bow. T15 Lava lake map deathless:
https://youtu.be/N6msVYIVlbY

Face tanked a yellow Elder. Died once to his tentacles attack, because I was too lazy to move out of them, when they overlapped.
https://youtu.be/_5N2S_RTEko
Last edited by QuaDmg on Jan 8, 2018, 1:01:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info