ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Since Trump's inauguration he has never tried or even pretended to be the President of the United States, except only in title. He only acts as the the President of the Republican States not as President of the United States.
Bullshit.

Look, TD, I don't truly accept but I do acknowledge and, perhaps more than I should, tolerate your paranoid belief that everything that comes out of POTUS' mouth is a lie. In that context, it's difficult for me to build a case you'd accept that Trump has sincerely offered to compromise with Democrats in a bipartisan manner and act as a President to Democrats. I can't show impressive bipartisan results when obstructionist Democrats sabotage almost every attempt at achieving them.

But Trump claiming to seek bipartisanship? That shit is easy. He's said it multiple times. A veritable broken fucking record, he is.

“What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people.” — Donald Trump, 20 Jan 2016

“Whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots, we all enjoy the same glorious freedoms, and we all salute the same great American Flag. And whether a child is born in the urban sprawl of Detroit or the windswept plains of Nebraska, they look up at the same night sky, they fill their heart with the same dreams, and they are infused with the breath of life by the same almighty Creator. So to all Americans, in every city near and far, small and large, from mountain to mountain, and from ocean to ocean, hear these words: You will never be ignored again.” — Donald Trump, 20 Jan 2016

“So tonight, I am extending an open hand to work with members of both parties — Democrats and Republicans — to protect our citizens of every background, color, religion, and creed.” — Donald Trump, 30 Jan 2018

“As we begin a new Congress, I stand here ready to work with you to achieve historic breakthroughs for all Americans. Millions of our fellow citizens are watching us now, gathered in this great chamber, hoping that we will govern not as two parties but as one nation. The agenda I will lay out this evening is not a Republican agenda or a Democrat agenda. It’s the agenda of the American people.” — Donald Trump, 5 Feb 2019

“There is a new opportunity in American politics, if only we have the courage, together, to seize it. Victory is not winning for our party. Victory is winning for our country.” — Donald Trump, 5 Feb 2019

“We must reject the politics of revenge, resistance, and retribution, and embrace the boundless potential of cooperation, compromise, and the common good. Together, we can break decades of political stalemate. We can bridge old divisions, heal old wounds, build new coalitions, forge new solutions, and unlock the extraordinary promise of America’s future. The decision is ours to make. We must choose between greatness or gridlock, results or resistance, vision or vengeance, incredible progress or pointless destruction.” — Donald Trump, 5 Feb 2019

“Both parties should be able to unite for a great rebuilding of America’s crumbling infrastructure. I know that Congress is eager to pass an infrastructure bill, and I am eager to work with you on legislation to deliver new and important infrastructure investment, including investments in the cutting-edge industries of the future. ” — Donald Trump, 5 Feb 2019

All that from just three speeches: the inaugural, and two States of the Union. Didn't even have to Google that hard.

Now I know you don't believe a word of anything Trump says. But you can't tell me Trump hasn't at least pretended — and pretended real fucking hard — to be willing to work in a bipartisan manner with the Democrats. He consistently projects the image of a man willing to negotiate, of a man wanting to make a deal. Hell, that's his fucking brand since The Art of the Deal was published in 1987. It's as if you are so consumed by Trump Derangement Syndrome that you don't even understand what he's selling.

Huge difference between saying something and doing something.

The actions Trump took all point to not caring about the democrat base and only catering to his partisans.

Show me actual examples of Trump doing something for the democrat voter base in a way that isn't just him doing it out of pressure and in a late fashion (aka, not Puerto Rico, in which he delayed help for days kind of stuff).
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
@canhaspants, No offense but i clarified my position before you posted about the "majority vote" stuff.

I don't really care if it's the majority of people or majority of states or whatever, as long as it didn't differentiate from all the previous ellections i call it fair game.

The "majority of people" was just an expression derived from the term "democratie". If it's by states then fair game, my expression was wrong, but my position still stands like you pointed out.

And in my view i don't see any benefit into blowing up the relations between both party's and a functional sub-structure of america over a single president in a continuum of time that will far outlast him.

If people can't fundamentally agree that both republicans and democrats have contributions to make to america as a whole then it's in for a world of pain, because guess what, those are two functional parts of your society as a whole structure and one isn't going to magically disappear.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
faerwin wrote:

Huge difference between saying something and doing something.

The actions Trump took all point to not caring about the democrat base and only catering to his partisans.

Show me actual examples of Trump doing something for the democrat voter base in a way that isn't just him doing it out of pressure and in a late fashion (aka, not Puerto Rico, in which he delayed help for days kind of stuff).

Is trump a proud american and nationalist?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
CanHasPants wrote:

What in particular do you not like about the way Trump won the election, that would contradict Boem’s claim that he was elected according to the same rules as every previous president? I’ve already demonstrated why HRC’s 2m margin is irrelevant, so what then?

Built upon lies, built upon racism, built upon xenophobia and built upon calls for violence.

Attacking the program of the opposition is fine. Trump attacked (and still is) the people directly. That one is certainly not unique to him but he's the most vicious one in recent history, by a big margin.

If he wasn't a running candidate, his rallies could have been considered invitation to violence from an extremist. I'm sure you think that imams that gives violent speech and promote jihad in their mosques should be dealt with accordingly yet don't see the parallel with Trump's rallies.

Maintenance cut the rest of my post
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
"
faerwin wrote:
Built upon lies, built upon racism, built upon xenophobia and built upon calls for violence.

Attacking the program of the opposition is fine. Trump attacked (and still is) the people directly. That one is certainly not unique to him but he's the most vicious one in recent history, by a big margin.
Show me even a single instance of Trump calling for violence against nonviolent US citizens. Protip: you can't.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
trump racist, xenophobe and calls for violence?

its too much. i can't look at this thread anymore. i need to stop subjecting myself to delusion
I really assume that people post in good faith and tell the truth to the best of their ability when they post here. Occasionally though there are people that post things as fact when they have no real idea about the facts they are posting about. That kind of thing can happen to anybody. Usually, when it is pointed out to them then they apologize or at least don't mention it anymore. When it happens commonly though in someone's posts then they can sometimes lose respect. It is just the way it seems to work.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Td wrote:
I really assume that people post in good faith and tell the truth to the best of their ability when they post here. Occasionally though there are people that post things as fact when they have no real idea about the facts they are posting about. That kind of thing can happen to anybody. Usually, when it is pointed out to them then they apologize or at least don't mention it anymore. When it happens commonly though in someone's posts then they can sometimes lose respect. It is just the way it seems to work.

You gotta be talking about yourself! ROFL
Censored.
Didn't Trump tell people at some of his rallies to beat up people and he would pay for their legal costs?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-incitement-violence/
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on May 21, 2019, 6:07:08 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

Show me even a single instance of Trump calling for violence against nonviolent US citizens. Protip: you can't.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-incitement-violence/

I don't think all of those are violence encouragement but some are without a doubt.
Last edited by faerwin on May 21, 2019, 6:06:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info