ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Xavderion wrote:
News is kinda slow today so daily reminder that the media is dying and desperate for clicks. What a change of times.

2017 and 2009. These little numbers are dates.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:

2017 and 2009. These little numbers are dates.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
No, the thing is, you don't have a point.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
Xavderion wrote:
News is kinda slow today so daily reminder that the media is dying and desperate for clicks. What a change of times.

If what you're trying to point out is that Politico treated the same situation differently because of bias news then you are mistaken. It is not the same thing because Trump had told these folks that they were staying on and then summarily dismissed them with zero notice.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

If what you're trying to point out is that Politico treated the same situation differently because of bias news then you are mistaken. It is not the same thing because Trump had told these folks that they were staying on and then summarily dismissed them with zero notice.
I agree. Trump was naïve and too generous giving them a chance for two years. Obama had the right idea and axed them immediately, as Trump should have.

It's not as if you or anyone on the other side of the aisle appreciated the olive branch. Utterly wasted effort.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 30, 2019, 11:39:16 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

I agree. Trump was naïve and too generous giving them a chance for two years. Obama had the right idea and axed them immediately, as Trump should have.

It's not as if you or anyone on the other side of the aisle appreciated the olive branch. Utterly wasted effort.

Perhaps you meant 2 months? Preet (and company) were fired March 11, 2017.

edit:
"
It has been reported that in spring 2017, Trump's personal attorney Marc Kasowitz told associates that he had been personally responsible for getting Bharara fired, saying he had warned Trump, "This guy is going to get you." Bharara said that he was dismissed 22 hours after refusing to take a phone call from Trump

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preet_Bharara
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jan 31, 2019, 12:12:37 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:

This is a funny picture.
@Turtle: so what you're telling me is that the guy was refusing to take calls from his boss, yet his boss was wrong for firing him?"
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
@Turtle: so what you're telling me is that the guy was refusing to take calls from his boss, yet his boss was wrong for firing him?"

no and no and I never said any of that. This is all apparently so over your head that it is not worth my time.
Popping in to drop in a tweet and have a skim read -- ties in with this post (as you used the exact words, looks like the tweet is pretty well-known) --

"
鬼殺し wrote:
...Well, that's one way to skip gaily into a trap I guess.

Speaking of, I grabbed that latest one, Team of Vipers, because I figured if Trumpty Dumpty's going to decry it and deny it, it has to be at least a little good. Well, of course I should have thought a little bit more because Trumpty Dumpty decries and denies by instinct. He hasn't read a word of it because if he did, he'd like it. Cliff Sims openly calls Trump a political genius on several occasions -- the vast majority of the book is, appropriate to the title, an attack on the people around him. The implication is almost that if he'd surrounded himself with less toxic people, he'd have done much better.

Not sure I agree but one's for sure. This guy was definitely more 'than just a gofer' or a 'low level staffer'. And he's still a believer, which is also interesting. So tonally the book is easily the closest to pro-Trump as I'm likely to read in a hurry. I tried to make a hierarchy in my head as to which of the trump books I've read were the most sympathetic and which were just aggressive, but it's not that simple. None of the books were 100% anti-Trump invective but they all had their share of criticisms. As usual, the truth lies somewhere in the tangle of perspectives, but I figure if you don't accumulate those perspectives, you'll never get even close to it. The only perspective I'm not interested in is of course Trump's, because in my judgment he's the defendant in my personal query 'is this man a worthy President', not a witness. And he's an infamously deceptive one, so that just makes it easier for me to dismiss whatever he says.

Made up stories and fiction, no less.

Last edited by erdelyii on Jan 31, 2019, 6:35:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info