ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
鬼殺し wrote:

That ship has sailed a long time ago. Our entire economic system depends on wage slavery. And yes, I use that term unironically, especially when talking about US workers. When the health insurance of your sick child is bound to your job, you're essentially a slave.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
Honestly, I agree with the callback of food inspection, that's seriously dangerous.

But the rest? I certainly don't consider airports as vital to a country, Tax refunds, even if very annoying to have to wait, isn't vital either and finally, "and facilitate the sale of offshore oil drilling rights." is downright insulting to every other workers.

It's not hard to see that the people being called back are those who provide the sorts of services that even the hardest of hardcore Trumpsters would start bitching about. Risk of losing support? OOPS, better force those 'essential' workers back to the millstone. For no pay.

Again, go read about the thirteenth. This is a breach of that. A big one.

It is not slavery but unpaid compensation of salaries. You are entitled to be paid on time as part of your contract of employment. If you are paid late or not paid a salary, it is legal justification for resigning from a Job there and then. (Your employer broke the contract by not paying you) Your employer would still be liable to pay the due compensation.

I want to see if Trump can keep the government shutdown for months or even years. Government shutdown likely to extend for a very long time. Trump can't have his wall, my shutdown is clearly more important. How many people would quit? If Trump keep it going for months or even years, I will let you call it slavery. Or the Republicans can break the impasse and "save" Trump by selling him out.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

That ship has sailed a long time ago. Our entire economic system depends on wage slavery. And yes, I use that term unironically, especially when talking about US workers. When the health insurance of your sick child is bound to your job, you're essentially a slave.

Yeah, it's ashame the USA govt got involved in healthcare, decades ago. As expected, after USA Govt meddled in healthcare, (making cronyism deals with corporations) healthcare costs skyrocketed.

Healthcare wasnt linked to your employer before the USA govt meddling
Last edited by Khoranth on Jan 16, 2019, 7:43:57 AM
"
faerwin wrote:
Honestly, I agree with the callback of food inspection, that's seriously dangerous
I hope you guys realize by now that Trump will give you every opportunity to contradict yourself unless you agree with something he does, by actually accepting criticisms from his opponents in deed if not in word.

Media: You can't furlough the workers of Agencies A, B and C! The government functions of those agencies are absolutely essential!

Trump: Okay then, I'll recall them from furlough, but I still can't pay them right now.

Media: How dare you have the workers of Agencies A, B and C work without pay! Do you realize you're breaking the 13th Amendment?

Trump: (smiles silently)

----------------

A guy they call a narcissist accepting criticisms. Hmm. 🤔🤔🤔
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 16, 2019, 11:00:17 AM
Like I said, I definitively agree to get back food inspection back. The rest though, isn't essential, it's just done for economic purposes.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Hello chaps!

Hope y'all had a lovely Xmas and a (decent) New Year.

I'm recovering from a nasty virus at the moment, feeling better now though.

Will join the inane swashbuckling and back-and-forth soon enough.

Incidentally, got 'Russian Roulette' book as xmas pressie from my sister (by Isikoff and Corn, two investigative journalists).

It's quite entertaining, and covers periods where I just was not keen on following the whole Trump circus act, though I've barely scratched the surface of the book.

Ps. obligatory orange man bad meme

"
coatofarms wrote:
Here's a quote that is essentially my point ..

"Democracy is a system where two idiots outvote one smart person." - Unknown

Insert popular vote meme here.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Holy shit, Pelosi is awesome. What a clever old bitch she is. Her latest move is perfect.

Nah it's lame.

Spoiler

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Holy shit, Pelosi is awesome. What a clever old bitch she is. Her latest move is perfect.

Nah it's lame.

lol you actually believed her story and took it seriously.

Pelosi is a cold-hearted calculating pitbull behind closed doors. (no, I'm not mixing metaphors, shhh)

The security thing is just an excuse to flex her powers and current popularity.

Incidentally, how is Trump doing? Oh yeah. Lowest average 2 year approval rating since WW2 presidents.

Make America GRRRR-EAT Again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info