Trade Manifesto

"
heishe wrote:
The manifesto doesn't point this out specifically but needless to say literally all of these problems can be worked around and are entirely, 100% solvable, it just requires time (and therefor money).

Just as a small example, efficient trading will on average speed up how fast players improve their gear and Chris is afraid that people are done with content too fast and quit, all valid concerns, but the problem has multiple ways to be completely fixed, as in such that it is not an issue at all anymore.

you actually dont need any of that...
people wont progress faster in general, they would complete task like atlas completion and some other garbage chalanges much faster, but that's about it.

i never even completed my atlas even when i wanted because, GOD buying maps is [Removed by Support].

buying gear is not really a problem what so ever, the sites we have are actually quite good in that, and most of items, you would buy (that are not maps/currency).
would sell from the first person.

so no it wont even change my "Gear progression" as a decent poe player it takes my about 1-2hr to get all my gear when iam sure what i want exactly, not because it takes forever to search or trade because i plan my build!

trading != faster planning!

and as for new player! they wont know about trading at all, so GGG actually make new players even harder time then it is currently,
when i just started i used the trading chat to trade, because i didn't know any other way.
it was a shit experience.
and i quit from essence until beastery.
and learned about poe trade by fluke...
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jun 5, 2019, 7:59:16 AM
"
Enygmatik wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:
First of all great read ! This day will be remembered for a long time :D

Do you have any plans on displaying this official website in the ingame's tutorial ( for example ) or not ? Even in bêta.

As you mentioned it only a small % of userbase is actualy performing trades, the thing is there are a lot of players that get their first impressions about the game with trade chat, they don't know there are others ways to perform a trade, some of them won't ever know it after all.

The thing is as you greatly explained it, trading is important in ARPG's, and that's why i would directly suggest to welcome everybody and SPECIALY new players to test this website in it's bêta version, because their feedbacks would give you a more accurate idea of what players really expect around trading, at different levels.

But for that ... it has to be displayed ingame, even if a few users are used to check forums and social networks the largest part in any games just install - try - build an opinion on that - keep playing or leave after few hours without checking any forums or anything except for subscribing part.

I appreciate the effort even if i'm still convinced there are some better ways to improve trading in PoE ( not talking about an AH ) that would save your vision of " not-so-easy" trading while making it more user friendly, ergonomic, and aesthetic.

Eh well, Thank you for this huge step GGG. Really appreciate to see you ^didn't gave up on that.
SPECIALY THE AFK / DND filter. Means a lot ! :)

Heli0nix

Well I'm convinced that PoE Should be experienced without trading at the begining. This game is a journey where you take hits in the stomach, but you go again, and slowly, but surely learn what this game is about. If they really enjoy the game for what it is, I'm sure they will gather intel about how to go further and then, they'll logically find the trading website and all meta bullshit builds.

As I'm also convinced that if your first passive tree ever is not complete garbage, then you really missed something important about this game.

This point would be ok if trading wasn't a core element of Path of Exile Design. It is, no matter what you think it is just totaly intended that players must rely on trading the list of official statement regarding this is longer than Chris usual patchnotes.
State of trading in 2019 regarding the near absolute 0 efforts from GGG to adapt their vision ? I left, lot of players left, no biggies some other joined and there is nothing dramatic here, i had my fun, the game worth what i spent for ( a lot ), and i had for my playtime.
Good continuation
Btw: Post you quoted is from 2017, sound like a good necro :D 10/10
Hf :)
Never traded and never going to (at least until they implement normal AH into the game if at all). This trade system is too sophisticated and complicated for me and time consuming. If they make my life as an SSF player too miserable without trading (which they already do more and more with the latest patch, b/c I usually play casters), I will just quit. End of story.
Last edited by Natthy on Jun 6, 2019, 1:40:30 PM
I think trading in this game is clunky and could be worlds better than this nonsense.
I would be fine with the next league delayed by a month if that means we can get some smoother trading system. Right now its tiring and annoying, abusable and so on.
auto trade for items under 5 chaos please?
nobody bothers to trade low price items.
Well... i personnally do not agree.

Basically, why i think a auction house should be put in game:

You put a NPC which keeps your items, or an area reserved for people who bought premium.

Auction house in game filter for the item you have, scanning other in-game items and showing all prices for identical affix items.

Pro:
No need to c/p messages to 20 players to obtain 1 map, one cheap item. Same for selling.

Average price let you see how others are pricing the same item with pretty identical affix.

You have the time to decide. So you are not stressed by people who pressure you to sell your item if you priced it too low because you don't know the game.

You can buy something to a disconnected player.

Prices are naturally balanced, you choose the price at the end. if you want to sell it cheaper or expensiver then other players.

You can not be scammed by players. (sadly this seems to be the only interest for "hardcore gamers" to keep the game as it is (saying it's "proof of in-game experience", this happens to much (players interactions yeah!!)).

No more poe trade maccro or website needed.

No difference between casuals and hardcore gamers.

Selling item for a period, makes you responsible of the price you choose, but you never price too low. Only if you want to sell fast your items.

Game more fluent, without using a ton of websites / maccro etc...

Con:
you can not have the chance to interact with players by sending copy/pasted messages, and quick buying without saying anything...
(For true hardcore gamers, i imagine, it will be sad for them to no scam people)

So:
well an in-game auction house could be just fine.

Btw, price balance is naturally stabilize by "how much people pay", cheap items will be sold until items are "medium standard price" for items with same affix.

For people who would say: "it makes the game easier" <= Nope !
This is just "utility" founction... this is equal, depending on how fast items will be sold, no possibility to scam players, hardcore gamers and casual have directly an indicated price for the item with the items sold in auction house, they still have the choice.
"...personal vendor (NPC) they could set up in their hideout..."
would be the best.
If GGG wants us to spend time while trading, I'am ready to jump into someone's HO and trade with an NPC.
They also are free to make this vendor only work if owner is online.

Anything. Literally anything like that would be better than current system.
GGG must remove ppl from trade site/API if they wont trade for listed b/o if they wont react for some times (idk)
Also they must fight with bots
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
im in a map, get a whisper for a 1 alch / 1 c item , dont react , just clear my map, asking after map if he still needs it. i wont waste a portal for this low trade. if i get spammed ill just ignore. this, every league, forever! wont even answer, most of the time they just move on to next offer.

trades 20c + ill respond afer map, trades 50c+ ill inv and leave map for trade.
How about you offer a full automated auction house, and every account is hardcapped to make 1 purchase every hour.

this way you only have to worry about "bots" who managed a gazillion accounts at once - and the hard difference mentioned between players who heavily interact with trade and therefore progress faster is dumped down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info