[3.1] Quill Poison Raider | ALL map mods | Fast | "Tanky" | 3M DPS | Facetank | 100+ arrows/second

Hi
thanks for the build

my reworking is so roughly it's still in the test
12m dps is possible and more ++
you can not stun
You can lower dps and increase life

Sorry for my English

https://pastebin.com/GJxGY4Ma OMG
I decided to roll this as my next ranger char, up to Malachai atm and it's been pretty ok so far. The DPS is kinda low but it doesn't feel painful, takes a while to clear groups but you get to watch machinegun arrows while you're at it so it's kinda ok :D

Anyways, so far my biggest issue has been mana consumption, as I managed to get a 4-link QR pretty early so I burn trough my pool within a couple of seconds. One of the reasons I picked up the mana/life leech node down near duelist, but even so the dps is too low to sustain it for longer periods, needing flasks in most cases. My question is, does this keep being a problem later on? Because even if you have several thousand extra mana at your disposal burning trough several hundred per second kinda makes that MoM hard to justify completely. Is mana leech adressed completely trough items later on or is it much less of a problem than I see it as?
"
R.E.D.O wrote:
Hi
thanks for the build

you can not stun

Sorry for my English

Ok, some feedback:
- You should turn on shaper in POB and then you will see that skittering runes \ hex master are not worth it for bosses.
- You lost 2K effective life by giving up MOM, how do you intend to get that back? And 10% more damage taken from zerker...
- A level 100 build is not realistic.
- What's the point of the zerker leech nodes and using thief's torment?
- You got both wither and despair linked to the same spell totem?
- How do you keep power and frenzy charges up at boss fights without adds?
- Where do you get the crit chance is lucky from?
- Why pick up piercing?

There is no point in having 12M dps if you are dead and with this version you just gave up more then half of the survivability the build has while it's DPS was already good.

"
Djoze wrote:
Is mana leech adressed completely trough items later on or is it much less of a problem than I see it as?

Thiefs Torment at level 30.
Last edited by foojin on Jan 5, 2018, 7:35:20 AM
"
foojin wrote:
"
R.E.D.O wrote:
Hi
thanks for the build

you can not stun

Sorry for my English

Ok, some feedback:
- You should turn on shaper in POB and then you will see that skittering runes \ hex master are not worth it for bosses.
- You lost 2K effective life by giving up MOM, how do you intend to get that back? And 10% more damage taken from zerker...
- A level 100 build is not realistic.
- What's the point of the zerker leech nodes and using thief's torment?
- You got both wither and despair linked to the same spell totem?
- How do you keep power and frenzy charges up at boss fights without adds?
- Where do you get the crit chance is lucky from?
- Why pick up piercing?

There is no point in having 12M dps if you are dead and with this version you just gave up more then half of the survivability the build has while it's DPS was already good.

"
Djoze wrote:
Is mana leech adressed completely trough items later on or is it much less of a problem than I see it as?

Thiefs Torment at level 30.

He is obviously trolling. He set "shocked" at 50% because he is using wrath (lol), he has onslaught with no mean to get it, he use corrupted jewels with added chaos jewels and several ridiculous jewels like the "life/AS/AS with bow/poison duration" (For the record, it doesn't exist even in standard). Oh, and his jewels have 5 affixes as well. Of course. He "magically" added affix which don't exist in the game (like int on belt). Maligaro cruelty has 0 point in a build like that, and I can keep going for long.

He is not even caped in cold and fire resist. Please.

This guy didn't try to do a build, he just wanted to show off his POB dps. In reality, his build is 100% shit.
Last edited by Keyen on Jan 5, 2018, 7:55:17 AM
Just wanted to check before buying the set - this doable on a 5L dendrobate?
TS - Chain - Added chaos - GMP - Unbound ailments
Thks
Last edited by ytz on Jan 5, 2018, 8:19:39 AM
"
ytz wrote:
Just wanted to check before buying the set - this doable on a 5L dendrobate?
TS - Chain - Added chaos - GMP - Unbound ailments
Thks

Looking at my POB this looks like the best setup for a 5l. I went and tried a t10 map running this and while you could notice the dps drop it's still workable. Just remember to swap chain out for deadly ailments when bossing with barrage.

Saw there was some discussion about flasks a few posts back and wanted to add my 2 cents now that I've finally sorted mine out.

Coralito's is pretty much mandatory, massive dps boost. Dying Sun is really good but pricey. The seething divine flask is just your typical panic button flask, I considered running a hybrid flask with these mods instead but it takes 20 charges and only has a max of 40.

I'm not running a quicksilver flask as I feel using a silver flask with movement speed is way better. I'm missing out on 20% movement speed by not using a quicksilver but I get a good dps increase from the onslaught buff. Only reason I'd see not to run it is if you have onslaught already via another sustainable means or if you're using boots with subpar speed (using soul of garukhan and lunaris helps).

The last slot is a sulphur flask for the damage boost mainly, though the consecrated ground is nice. I went for Overflowing Chalice because there aren't really any mods we want from a regular sulphur. Curse immunity is ok but half curse effectiveness from the ring is good enough I think. Another option I haven't included is using a granite flask of iron skin, even with acrobatics this still gives up to +23% phys reduction on max roll.

As for Witchfire Brew... don't use it at all. It's really bad given you lose your despair curse while it's up, 1 level curse increase means almost nothing. Not only do you lose the quality from despair but also from blasphemy and the lv4 enhance you should also be linking to it (empower or increased aoe aren't as good but work too). Regular Stibnite flasks aren't very useful either as on top of the quiver already doing smoke clouds on occasion you should be running an abyss blind on hit jewel in belt for almost perma blind on everything.
"
RaptorSWS wrote:
Regular Stibnite flasks aren't very useful either as on top of the quiver already doing smoke clouds on occasion you should be running an abyss blind on hit jewel in belt for almost perma blind on everything.

I agree on most things except that. You want a stibnite for three reasons.

First, the blind from maloney is not reliable. For instance, if you are against a single boss, 25% doesn't cut it. Actually, even if it was 100%, it still happens AFTER the hit while you could have avoided entierely the hit from a stibite.

Second, the stibnite + jade is a ridiculously strong combo. For instance, on my pathfinder, I have 4000 eva (36% evade chance) without buff. If I activate stibnite + jade, it jumps to 70% (and if I count the blind, it's 85%). The defense increase is MASSIVE.

Third, the stibnite flask, in the pathfinder build, is perfect to trigger the ascendencies related to flasks. You can use it 6 times in a row (+ regen), while you can use the flasks you linked only 2 or 3 times. Against a tankier boss, it's needed.
Temp Chain on Snakebite is luxury or Must have for build?
More of less a must have. You can do without, but you will either lose tons of dps or 35% mana.
Hi guys. I switched to this last night and it's a lot of fun. I've got a few more lvl's i need to get. Can anyone look at my guy and see what I could/should change?

What are the single target links? What could I do to make single target a little better?

Anything I can do to make lab running a little smoother?

Thank you build creator for posting this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info