[3.7] Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone | Shaper FULL Life Kill Vid | 100% Pure Phys | All Content | PoBs

"
n3Ar22 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'll start by posting my gear:

Spoiler

Build feels great in maps up until T16 where I start having problems.
Clearing the maps is quite ok but I just did my first try on Phoenix, no negative modifiers.
My damage felt really low and my survivability was non-existent. I know the Guardians aren't easy but didn't expect this.
I'm quite new to the game, started in Syndicate and skipped last league, so I was wondering if someone could take a look at my build and maybe give me some advice on what to go for next (unfortunately I don't have the currency for Disfavor by now).

Thanks a lot,

n3Ar22

There are a few things you could be doing differently right off the bat. First, I believe Infused Channeling is not working correctly atm, so drop that for something else. You're also going to have a difficult time at T16 without a 6L. What's your 5th flask? You're currently running two curse flasks and no bleed/freeze. Consider Basalt.

Get Vaal Ancestral Warchief for bonus single target. No multiple totems.

There's more to be done but these are good starting points. Probably wouldn't have switched to a Kaom's until you had a 6L axe but that's preference.
Simply solid build! Tons of fun to bounce around maps erasing mobs! So buttery smooth it makes picking up loot feel almost a chore in comparison! I've thrown together some quick info to help those of us following this build: bugs affecting us, how I leveled, and then general tips. Hope this helps!

Current state of bugs that affect this build:

- Infused channeling does appear bugged atm, use Melee Phys for now. This means rerolling away that blue socket =(
- Leap Slam + Cyclone interact curiously at present: hold down leap slam key fully until leap occurs, as leap slam is currently not instant if used during a cyclone, and is interruptible itself (i.e. by cyclone). GGG is likely looking into this. I'd prefer an immediate leap (interrupting cyclone) at keypress, but we'll see what GGG rolls out. NB: I am running LS as left click, so that might be contributory.
- If you use a movement skill like Leap Slam as left-click, as I do, it seems to mess with using left click for activating things like mobs trapped in Essence and similar. Takes a long time and lots of clicking. GGG knows about this.

Here's how I leveled, worked great!

- LEVEL 1 - 28: Level with your favorite melee skill. I used boring old Dual Strike, and it was fine.
- LEVEL 4: Start using your new Blood and Sand aura, use in default Sand stance.
- LEVEL 24: Start using your new Pride aura and your new Dread Banner gem.
- LEVEL 28: switch to Cyclone. I transitioned immediately and had no issues leveling.
- LEVEL 28: pick up an a Vaal Ancestral Warchief and watch bosses melt.
- COMPLETED 2nd LAB: Buy a Daresso's Salute for 8c, or whenever you can afford 8c
- LEVEL 62/64: Buy a Sinvicta's Mettle for 2c. -- OR -- Buy a Hezmana's Bloodlust for 2c

- UNTIL 62/64; Keep upgrading your 2H Axe: you want a decently-fast, range 13, 2H rare axe near your current level while leveling. You can use your Cyclone 4L in your chest while leveling, so use your strongest weapon however it rolls. Worth spending an alc here or there in trade to keep your weapon relevant. Ideally you're looking for high attack speed too (1.4 is great!), but OK if not, just keep that range and Phys damage high.

As for skill tree, I followed AhFack's leveling trees -- worked great. I held off on Vaal Pact until ~60s though, until I had the relevant Ascendancies and my nice 2c axe to really make it shine!

General random tips:

- Delve is great for popping incubators: so many mobs! Be in a safe spot when your item drops though!
- If you're struggling in Incursions (Alva, Temple), drop that Warchief totem on every yellow mob.
- Cyclone isn't fast enough to find decent Legion spawns when you pop a Monolith, so either Leap Slam around or use Move Only to find your targets. If you left-click bind your Leap Slam, obviously you can't use "cast while standing still" (otherwise you could never move except with Leap Slam), so I have found shift-clicking my Leap Slam in rapid succession to be the best for finding Legion targets quickly to then cyclone out of existence.
- If you are a map completionist like I was and are following this build, it's time to change up your game! Set up a very strict item filter (use filterblade), and chain maps, racing from start to finish in each one. Don't backtrack, don't sidetrack, don't dwell on slow mobs. Don't use the minimap unless you're on a maze-y map. Prefer big open areas to winding corridors. Alc (at least) every map. You'll make enough currency to sustain easy, and this build just shines as an angry pinball, bouncing around a map as quickly as possible, in a beeline for the boss. Make sure you do find the Monolith in each map though!
- Use poemap.live to help complete your Atlas. Shit just works. (appears to be offline atm?)

Leech as defense!

Something I didn't understand early on is that our extremely high rate of leech is our primary defense: Vaal Pact + Slayer ascendancies for leech + passive tree leech nodes + item leech rolls + very high life (from passives, items, jewels) is how we stay alive. Armor is our secondary defense (and obviously maxed resistances), so certainly bump that all you can, but once we have all the leech passives and some good leech rolls on items (jewelry mostly), it's all about pushing that life cap!

Cheers for a fun, efficient, and well conceived & executed build AhFack! Following your build and gearing advice was easy and the results + the 3.7 melee changes have been a ton of fun to get back into PoE with. Hope this is helpful!
I almost have vorici in research rdy for white sockets. Do i have to roll my colours on Atziris in a certain way or how do i make sure to hit a red colour for that white socket?
"
dsesvak wrote:
USEFUL SNIP--

THANK YOU - I will add this to the main post! Will be very helpful for newcomers.

"
shokilicious wrote:
I almost have vorici in research rdy for white sockets. Do i have to roll my colours on Atziris in a certain way or how do i make sure to hit a red colour for that white socket?

There's no way to guarantee where the white socket will show up, it's RNG. The only way you could guarantee it'll show up somewhere is if you bench socket it back down to a 3s, and you can ensure it will show up in one of the first 3 sockets, or if he can give you 3w they will always give it at the top 3. Then from there you could 4s/5s/6s it on bench until you get the desired colours - if you use a chrom you risk bricking the white socket. This is a luxury afterall, but probably better than buying 2 axes. Again, just telling you how it works :) I would just go for the RNG and plop it down and hope for the best.

Since infused channeling isn't working atm you can always swap pulverize with melee phys until they fix it or you get your white where you want it.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jun 11, 2019, 5:37:13 PM
Spoiler
"
dsesvak wrote:
Simply solid build! Tons of fun to bounce around maps erasing mobs! So buttery smooth it makes picking up loot feel almost a chore in comparison! I've thrown together some quick info to help those of us following this build: bugs affecting us, how I leveled, and then general tips. Hope this helps!

Current state of bugs that affect this build:

- Infused channeling does appear bugged atm, use Melee Phys for now. This means rerolling away that blue socket =(
- Leap Slam + Cyclone interact curiously at present: hold down leap slam key fully until leap occurs, as leap slam is currently not instant if used during a cyclone, and is interruptible itself (i.e. by cyclone). GGG is likely looking into this. I'd prefer an immediate leap (interrupting cyclone) at keypress, but we'll see what GGG rolls out. NB: I am running LS as left click, so that might be contributory.
- If you use a movement skill like Leap Slam as left-click, as I do, it seems to mess with using left click for activating things like mobs trapped in Essence and similar. Takes a long time and lots of clicking. GGG knows about this.

Here's how I leveled, worked great!

- LEVEL 1 - 28: Level with your favorite melee skill. I used boring old Dual Strike, and it was fine.
- LEVEL 4: Start using your new Blood and Sand aura, use in default Sand stance.
- LEVEL 24: Start using your new Pride aura and your new Dread Banner gem.
- LEVEL 28: switch to Cyclone. I transitioned immediately and had no issues leveling.
- LEVEL 28: pick up an a Vaal Ancestral Warchief and watch bosses melt.
- COMPLETED 2nd LAB: Buy a Daresso's Salute for 8c, or whenever you can afford 8c
- LEVEL 62/64: Buy a Sinvicta's Mettle for 2c. -- OR -- Buy a Hezmana's Bloodlust for 2c

- UNTIL 62/64; Keep upgrading your 2H Axe: you want a decently-fast, range 13, 2H rare axe near your current level while leveling. You can use your Cyclone 4L in your chest while leveling, so use your strongest weapon however it rolls. Worth spending an alc here or there in trade to keep your weapon relevant. Ideally you're looking for high attack speed too (1.4 is great!), but OK if not, just keep that range and Phys damage high.

As for skill tree, I followed AhFack's leveling trees -- worked great. I held off on Vaal Pact until ~60s though, until I had the relevant Ascendancies and my nice 2c axe to really make it shine!

General random tips:

- Delve is great for popping incubators: so many mobs! Be in a safe spot when your item drops though!
- If you're struggling in Incursions (Alva, Temple), drop that Warchief totem on every yellow mob.
- Cyclone isn't fast enough to find decent Legion spawns when you pop a Monolith, so either Leap Slam around or use Move Only to find your targets. If you left-click bind your Leap Slam, obviously you can't use "cast while standing still" (otherwise you could never move except with Leap Slam), so I have found shift-clicking my Leap Slam in rapid succession to be the best for finding Legion targets quickly to then cyclone out of existence.
- If you are a map completionist like I was and are following this build, it's time to change up your game! Set up a very strict item filter (use filterblade), and chain maps, racing from start to finish in each one. Don't backtrack, don't sidetrack, don't dwell on slow mobs. Don't use the minimap unless you're on a maze-y map. Prefer big open areas to winding corridors. Alc (at least) every map. You'll make enough currency to sustain easy, and this build just shines as an angry pinball, bouncing around a map as quickly as possible, in a beeline for the boss. Make sure you do find the Monolith in each map though!
- Use poemap.live to help complete your Atlas. Shit just works. (appears to be offline atm?)

Leech as defense!

Something I didn't understand early on is that our extremely high rate of leech is our primary defense: Vaal Pact + Slayer ascendancies for leech + passive tree leech nodes + item leech rolls + very high life (from passives, items, jewels) is how we stay alive. Armor is our secondary defense (and obviously maxed resistances), so certainly bump that all you can, but once we have all the leech passives and some good leech rolls on items (jewelry mostly), it's all about pushing that life cap!

Cheers for a fun, efficient, and well conceived & executed build AhFack! Following your build and gearing advice was easy and the results + the 3.7 melee changes have been a ton of fun to get back into PoE with. Hope this is helpful!

Oh my what a great post! Thank you so much. Also can't think Ahfack enough for this fun build. holy moly this is great!!! thank you!
"
Ahfack wrote:
Again, just telling you how it works :) I would just go for the RNG and plop it down and hope for the best.
Thanks, the explanation was perfect and exactly what i was looking for.
Hi, one question, do Enlighten 3 levels for when you use the ring with the enchantment on the -8 mana cost
so the infusion is bugged cpann you confirm it ?
btw updated gear :)

Last edited by arospl on Jun 11, 2019, 6:22:01 PM
"
arospl wrote:
so the infusion is bugged cpann you confirm it ?
btw updated gear :)

NICE gear! Sexy helm. ;) yeah infusion isn't giving phys damage right now and it's on ggg's high priority list of fixes
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Does anyone know if you can double up +1 range on gloves, if you get the elder suffix mod +1 range can you still craft the prefix +1 range?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info