[3.6] Vieira's Magma Orb Miner (Guardians,Shaper,Uber and uber elder viable)

Very nice build - seen it in action as it killed me in the arena. And I have the right staff sitting in the stash! Going to try it out soon.
Hey I was wondering what your opinions on a Crit version of this build are. I started making a magma orb miner after seeing Windz crit version, but am very unsure which version of the build is best for guardians, shaper, uber atz.
can you elaborate a bit on this?

To proc Elemental Overload AND arcane surge buff you can use this setup:

Orb of storms - increased crit - increased aoe - arcane surge (lvl 8)

I didn't understand anything since I'm a new player

when do I use orb of storms and what are these procs you are talking about HALP plz?
"
Priyora wrote:

when do I use orb of storms and what are these procs you are talking about HALP plz?

Arcane surge at this level gives a 14% more spell damage buff for 4 seconds and orb of storms will activate the elemental overload when you crit, that gives 40% more damage. That is a total of 59.6% more damage. (1.4*1.14).

Orb of storms rolls if the hit will be critical or not for each mob that it hits, so if you use it in a place where there are some mobs, it's almost certain that it will crit and activate elemental overload for 8 seconds.

P.S: I'm considering changing increased AoE from this setup to faster casting. If it helps I'll edit the guide.
IGN: vieira
"
CDijak wrote:
Hey I was wondering what your opinions on a Crit version of this build are. I started making a magma orb miner after seeing Windz crit version, but am very unsure which version of the build is best for guardians, shaper, uber atz.

I spent some time on path of building looking how a crit version would be like, but I didn't like the result at all.
Would be hard to keep the sire of shards on a crit version without losing a fair ammount of life and yet not getting a good crit chance, but I'm a bit biased because I don't really like crit builds.

Without the sire and using a good dagger/shield and a voidbringer it probably would have a lot more damage, but the problem is that without the sire you have to think a lot where you will put the mines, because the orbs will go in a cone towards the first mob in range, it would make it be a terrible clear speed build, but really powerfull in bosses.
"
gvieira wrote:
"
Priyora wrote:

Arcane surge at this level gives a 14% more spell damage buff for 4 seconds and orb of storms will activate the elemental overload when you crit, that gives 40% more damage. That is a total of 59.6% more damage. (1.4*1.14).

Orb of storms rolls if the hit will be critical or not for each mob that it hits, so if you use it in a place where there are some mobs, it's almost certain that it will crit and activate elemental overload for 8 seconds.

P.S: I'm considering changing increased AoE from this setup to faster casting. If it helps I'll edit the guide.

I was wondering why ... if it's not needed for bosses isn't it better to get immortal call setup?
or is it actually needed to kill every thing with one shot?

-Also ... why the magma orbs are green on your video but mine are orange? is it a MTX Skin or what?>
Last edited by Priyora on Aug 23, 2017, 6:26:42 PM
"
Priyora wrote:
"
gvieira wrote:
"
Priyora wrote:

I was wondering why ... if it's not needed for bosses isn't it better to get immortal call setup?
or is it actually needed to kill every thing with one shot?

-Also ... why the magma orbs are green on your video but mine are orange? is it a MTX Skin or what?>

If you think 60% more damage isn't that good you can change to a cwdt setup, but I don't see any point on doing that.

I'm using a magma orb mtx because it lags a little less imo :D
Three Questions i hope anyone can answer:

1. Is the "Additional Mines" near "Volatile Mines" worth taking? Considering that trash mobs in maps only need two mine placements (=6 mines) to kill and for bosses you use spell totem to trigger your mines. Do you get enough mine laying speed to "outcast" the spell totem ?

2. I assume you use blasphemy - ProjectileWeakness against Bosses. Do you have a curse/aura recommendation for more survival (i just started mapping)?

3. The fastest mine placement is while holding shift (as far as i could observe). Is there another way to place the mines fast with less buttons (there are already enough buttons to press so would appreciate if i dont need to hold shift while casting). Oh and i am using "Right Click" for mines so "shift - right" for fast placement.

Thanks for answering :)
Last edited by Magicphoenix on Aug 24, 2017, 12:58:08 PM
"
Magicphoenix wrote:
Three Questions i hope anyone can answer:

1. Is the "Additional Mines" near "Volatile Mines" worth taking? Considering that trash mobs in maps only need two mine placements (=6 mines) to kill and for bosses you use spell totem to trigger your mines. Do you get enough mine laying speed to "outcast" the spell totem ?

2. I assume you use blasphemy - ProjectileWeakness against Bosses. Do you have a curse/aura recommendation for more survival (i just started mapping)?

3. The fastest mine placement is while holding shift (as far as i could observe). Is there another way to place the mines fast with less buttons (there are already enough buttons to press so would appreciate if i dont need to hold shift while casting). Oh and i am using "Right Click" for mines so "shift - right" for fast placement.

Thanks for answering :)

1- Yes you are right, you don't really need that point because of the reasons you said yourself, but since its 1 point only and sometimes you want to pre-cast all the mines (for boxes and bosses like the vaals in atziri or atziri herself) I prefer to take it.

2- Maybe change projectile weakness to temp chains or enfeeble for survivability. I didn't test it but it should help a bit.

3- I forgot to add the most important tip for miners (because I'm so used to it that I forget a lot of people don't know it).
You can do the following:

go to options and bind your "Attack in place" key to any of the NUMPAD numbers. For example: Numpad 5
You hold the key 5 on the numpad and press numlock while holding it.
Now you can stop pressing the 5 key and even enable numlock again if you want.

Until you close your game, all the skills are with attack in place, including mines, like if you were holding shift.
"
gvieira wrote:

I'm using a magma orb mtx because it lags a little less imo :D

Correct. Still a nightmare for the whole party. This build has summoner necro D2 quality regarding lags.

"
gvieira wrote:

go to options and bind your "Attack in place" key to any of the NUMPAD numbers. For example: Numpad 5
You hold the key 5 on the numpad and press numlock while holding it.
Now you can stop pressing the 5 key and even enable numlock again if you want.

Until you close your game, all the skills are with attack in place, including mines, like if you were holding shift.

I forgot about the Numlock trick. Nice advice, my pinky started to hurt from the frequent hold shift action.
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Aug 25, 2017, 12:20:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info