[3.15] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Tnx for reply.I'm sorted.
Not sure if this has been discussed already, so please forgive me if it has. I just hit 70 and finished all the acts. I finally spec'd into Avatar of Fire and lost like 5k dps off cyclone, but gained 700 damage per use on Molten Burst.

I haven't optimized gear yet, but have a 6S Ngam and 5L Bronn. I've been so happy with this build since I swapped in Ngam and Bron. Completely breezed through the entire storyline. Anyway, I realize this build is centered around Avatar of Fire, and I trust kira1414 as a build maker for all the quality builds he's cranked out.

I'm just looking for explanation on the numbers and why such a drastic drop - or if I did something wrong with my build. Feel free to check my profile, it's open to public.

Naturally, I can probably load it all up into PoB, but I thought I would bring it here first.
"
Miacova wrote:
Not sure if this has been discussed already, so please forgive me if it has. I just hit 70 and finished all the acts. I finally spec'd into Avatar of Fire and lost like 5k dps off cyclone, but gained 700 damage per use on Molten Burst.

I haven't optimized gear yet, but have a 6S Ngam and 5L Bronn. I've been so happy with this build since I swapped in Ngam and Bron. Completely breezed through the entire storyline. Anyway, I realize this build is centered around Avatar of Fire, and I trust kira1414 as a build maker for all the quality builds he's cranked out.

I'm just looking for explanation on the numbers and why such a drastic drop - or if I did something wrong with my build. Feel free to check my profile, it's open to public.

Naturally, I can probably load it all up into PoB, but I thought I would bring it here first.

Ensure you are following the gems setup of Xoph's Blood. If you are still using Physical to Lightning gem, you will suffer a damage drop after taking Avatar of Fire.

Looking at your profile, I see that you are using Physical to Lightning + Added Lightning. Replace them with Melee Physical Damage + Concentrated gem and you will see a huge damage boost. :)
I am soon getting to the point where I have to choose between the Xoph's Blood or non Xoph's Blood versions of the passive tree with this build (which is fun, thank you for it). I am pretty new to all this though, and don't know what to expect from the market for the amulet. Can I expect it to get anywhere near 3 or 4 ex within the next two weeks? Or should I start down the non-Xoph's path now if I want to get to endgame before 2018?
"
kira1414 wrote:
Ensure you are following the gems setup of Xoph's Blood. If you are still using Physical to Lightning gem, you will suffer a damage drop after taking Avatar of Fire.

Looking at your profile, I see that you are using Physical to Lightning + Added Lightning. Replace them with Melee Physical Damage + Concentrated gem and you will see a huge damage boost. :)

Wow! that made a huge difference! Like 18k dps difference with barely leveled gems. I blew through over 100 chromes and best I could get was 2B2G1R so I tried this setup:

I'm now around 37k dps fully buffed incl Bronn's. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I was doing wrong.

Is it really worth the effort to replace that Elemental Focus with Melee Physical? It's just going to be a lot of chromes, I know!
"
Miacova wrote:
Is it really worth the effort to replace that Elemental Focus with Melee Physical? It's just going to be a lot of chromes, I know!

Yes.

Avatar of Fire convert Physical to Fire, not the other way around. Elemental Focus only alter the Fire damage that has been converted, meanwhile the Melee Physic will alter the Physic from the start.

Btw, the 3R2B1G set up (Remove Faster Attack for 1 more ele gem) seem to give out more DPS.
"
Aryelco wrote:
Btw, the 3R2B1G set up (Remove Faster Attack for 1 more ele gem) seem to give out more DPS.

When you say 1 more ele gem, you mean added fire?
I dont know if i am doing something wrong , but at 89 scion my cyclone is only doing 46,145.2 dps ( tooltip ) i have the gem setup correct same with gear ( spent around 20 ex getting all pieces )

I know i am not 100 or anything just thought dps would be higher.

On another note you have only got leveling trees is it possible to get a link to a tree for 95+ ( with xoph's ) at all ? so i can see where i can put my next lot of points
Last edited by DD___ on Dec 13, 2017, 8:44:15 AM
"
Miacova wrote:

When you say 1 more ele gem, you mean added fire?

It depends on which kind of gem you used before but in my case mine was Cyclone - Melee Physic - Added Fire - Ele dmg with atk - Ele focus - Concentrated Effect.

Got around 95k DPS at lv 92 using Tabula in this set up, all gem are 20% though. With Bronn it's at 130k I think can't remember the exact number. My gear is pretty much all the thing on this page (Even the luxury jewel), except I used a Ventor for farming with a normal Boot/Gauntlet that doesn't have any dmg mod on it.

Faster Attack somehow reduce DPS in the tooltip no matter which gem I replaced it for. Idk why it's still recommended as last set up on here. Probably because of the cost of chrome on Bronn or some kind of hidden mechanic I still don't know about.

Do remember to always try to get an Item rarity support in there (And in the Ngamahu too) when you're farming. No point in over killing stuff.

Last edited by Aryelco on Dec 13, 2017, 9:15:19 PM
@kira1414

I'm at the point farming for Gear.

Close to a James Bond movie. Getting colours on Bronnn's....... Armour.
Looking at Vorici Chromes calculator is becoming a expensive task.

Can you look at my character and make some suggestion how to optimise the colours I have.

If I don't use the Gem "Concentrated Effect" my DPS goes down by 10K. Using this "Increased Area of Effect" as said 10k DPS drop.

Also found my character to very squishy. Don't use Xophs Blood amulet. Tree is according with out that amulet.

Tnx in advance.
Last edited by jgundlach on Dec 14, 2017, 9:41:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info