[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

So I see the big dps increase when I remove minefield(from 36k to 75) but it feels very slow to place traps now, is there a way to mitigate this?
Hi, my gc build seems to lack damage and defensive capabilities. Can someone give me a heads up on stuff I should upgrade and what gems links I should be using as well as if my skill tree seems to be right.

Thanks

here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/gnKtxBsT
Last edited by Sp4rkillz on Dec 17, 2018, 3:53:42 AM
"
Reapeah wrote:
So I see the big dps increase when I remove minefield(from 36k to 75) but it feels very slow to place traps now, is there a way to mitigate this?

It's why you only remove minefield after shaper +1 mine helmet.

"
Hi, my gc build seems to lack damage and defensive capabilities. Can someone give me a heads up on stuff I should upgrade and what gems links I should be using as well as if my skill tree seems to be right.

Thanks

I personally wouldn't go GC til say uber elder. Arc is much safer as you can snipe enemies from afar. Much better against syndicate members as well.
"
qaniki wrote:
"
Reapeah wrote:

It's why you only remove minefield after shaper +1 mine helmet.

"

Thanks

I personally wouldn't go GC til say uber elder. Arc is much safer as you can snipe enemies from afar. Much better against syndicate members as well.

Does the +1 mine helmet have an effect on placement speed?
The veiled spell dmg / non chaos as extra chaos is it a prefix or suffix? How do you get it? Just wish for luck when unveiling some item you find or is there a better approach?

Edit: if I were to go dual daggers or swords; would whirling blades be very slow seeing as we dont have attack speed etc on tree?
Last edited by Garash on Dec 17, 2018, 11:47:19 AM
i don't think it's a good idea to wait until elder/urber elder to switch to GC since you want to start getting gear for GC and respeccing some nodes and getting used to using GC while you're in maps. I still use minefield with the +1 helm in maps because you can blanket a big area with it and it's more satisfying imo. i switched to GC in t5 maps and i'm really enjoying it.
"
Reapeah wrote:

Does the +1 mine helmet have an effect on placement speed?

no it just makes you place one more mine every time you use your skill. minefield gives 2. But having another support gem will boost your damage so much that your 2 mines will be better than 3. On bosses you can sometimes pre-place mines and hit max mines anyway so.
"
qaizr wrote:
i don't think it's a good idea to wait until elder/urber elder to switch to GC since you want to start getting gear for GC and respeccing some nodes and getting used to using GC while you're in maps. I still use minefield with the +1 helm in maps because you can blanket a big area with it and it's more satisfying imo. i switched to GC in t5 maps and i'm really enjoying it.

I dont think switch to GC is a good idea anyway, its x8 slower on maps compare to Arc. Why would you switch if u can do anything with arc-mines?
Havent tried yet uber elder, only red T15 and killed al shaper guardians and shaper ez with arc mines. So why ppl sacrafice map clearspeed? I dont get it.
Even if you clear Uber elder faster you map 99% of the time where arc is top notch
Last edited by omgree on Dec 17, 2018, 12:39:02 PM
"
omgree wrote:
"
qaizr wrote:

I dont think switch to GC is a good idea anyway, its x8 slower on maps compare to Arc. Why would you switch if u can do anything with arc-mines?
Havent tried yet uber elder, only red T15 and killed al shaper guardians and shaper ez with arc mines. So why ppl sacrafice map clearspeed? I dont get it.

i picked this build because i wanted to use the badass skill that is glacial cascade. my clear speed isn't on par with arc but with minefield it feels pretty close to arc. also, the potential max dps for gc is much higher than arc, so you will melt bosses faster with gc.
Last edited by qaizr on Dec 17, 2018, 12:42:19 PM
"
qaizr wrote:

i picked this build because i wanted to use the badass skill that is glacial cascade. my clear speed isn't on par with arc but with minefield it feels pretty close to arc. also, the potential max dps for gc is much higher than arc, so you will melt bosses faster with gc.

Just wanted to understand why ppl switch to GC, so as i get in most cases just personal preference or blind copy. Hard to believe GC could be close in terms of speed, while arc autotarget and offscreen. With minefield u cut your dmg alot (the reson you pick GC is dmg, right?). As for visual i agree - GC animation and MTX looks cool.
For me only difference i will notice in uber elder, becouse atm T15 bosses being oneshoted by arc and like 10 seconds for T16 bosses. For sure longer with more monsters life mod but extra seconds compansated by faster clearing all other things. Hybrid mod with spell and chaos dmg gives alot of dps.

I have question for ppl who play arc most of the time - what would be the best endgame shaper weapon for arc between:
scepter with penetration implict or opal wand for dual-weild setup (cuz no shield charge). For faster mapping i will make shield + scepter for shieldcharge.
I wonder if x2 Shimmeron will give more dps.
Both for LL version.
Last edited by omgree on Dec 17, 2018, 1:18:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info