[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

"
dthou9ht wrote:
getting my ass handed to me by phys damage and no idea how that's supposed to be handled. :(

It might be more mechanically related than equipment related.

I think my stats are comparable (5.5k life and 2k mana), and while i make an occasional mistake, 90% of my deaths i immediately see what i did wrong.

The cemetery encounter is indeed one that i died on once as well. It hits hard. My tactic here, as with most difficult encounters, is to Rally, drop a Decoy totem (your friend!) and an orb of storms, and then run in, and as soon as you trigger, shield charge to the side. The reason why this is usually smart is that groups that your trigger all react and attack at the same time, leading to a shotgun effect where you headbutt all attacks running in.

So after you charge to the side, they should have different attack patterns, leading to a bit more spread out damage. They also have a good chance of spotting your decoy totem. This gives you valuable seconds to gun down one or two of them. Redrop decoy, dodge and continue. OH, and you do damage over time. Laser them down with a swing and they continue to burn for 2 seconds while you dodge :)

TL;DR: Dodge damage, use Decoys ;)
I've been thinking about end goals for my gear, and what to aim for. What i notice is that, with a tabula as body armour, im still doing fine on the resistance department, and i have a decent chest with resistances waiting for a 5L+ to replace it for even more res. This gives some room to think about possible replacements for certain gear pieces with uniques.

So in regards for helm, a well rolled rare is probably best in slot. It can have 130+ life, 70+ mana for lots of eHP, with room for suffixes such as Dex/Int/Str and resistances.

There are however some other interesting alternatives:

1. The formless inferno
With 50 max life its a bit lower, but it comes with effectively 7% reduced physical damage, and comes with a shit-ton of armour (2.5k of this item probably). If you fear physical damage, and have enough resistances, this is an option.

2. Essence of horror Helms
30% more Elemental damage sounds juicy for RF. The problem is that getting this with mana and life is going to be an extremely long shot, and likely no worth the gamble. I know i am going to try :)

Hey there,

i am currently doing t6-t9 maps and i am doing really fine is not cursed by vulnarabilty or flammability. However i feel a bit squishy going forward.
I am not using the warcry skill right now as it is kind of "tedious" to do so on mobs that die so fast...

Could somebody look at my pastebin for PoB and check for any glaring mistakes i made or something?

Maybe it is just the build that can be supersquishy at times, and then super tanky at other times...i don't know. Feels kind of weird to blast through maps hardly ever looking at the screen and then next second i drop to 20% or something in half a sec.

However, this is the pastebin, any tips are much appreciated. https://pastebin.com/uWM0k3dq
Mirror of Kalandra count: 0
Hi guys, I'd like to share my experience with this build - I started to play RF 2 days ago or so, it took me some time to fix hp/mana degen problem.

And I'm glad I did. Uber Izaro is down without Pious Path (after 3 attempts, I got rusty since last league). He went down in like 15-20sec with decoy totem up. Burning trial, even with RF on, is a joke, my hp regen and fire res prevent me from loosing any hp in it. With other traps, without RF turned on, it is lika walk in a park.

My stats:

5,400 hp
2,680 mana
1,659 armour
Net life regen: +226/+552 on cons ground
Net mana regen: +170/+836 on cons ground

I feel like replacing my current es body armour to es+arm would be a good idea, but since it is 6L now, I'm delaying this change.

I'm using IC+cwdt, does effect from Soul of Arakaali (50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently) will work when IC proc? In theory it will prevent any damage including from RF, am I correct? how long this recovery boost will last?

Which part of gear shall I focus now on? Any tips? I feel like more mana would be a nice thing (just unlocked Pious Path, so it might be enough, havn't checked it yet).

Which gem shall I focus on, to upgrade quality?

Thanks in advance!
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 17, 2017, 8:18:08 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
In theory it will prevent any damage including from RF, am I correct?

You are incorrect, IC only stops physical damage nowdays, so RF burns right through it

Your equipment is pretty decent, upgrades will be expensive.

The only thing i would do is spec out of "ash, Frost, Storm" and "Light of Divinity" passive branches, but that is a personal preference. Light of divinity is spell damage and wont affect RF, and elemental damage ups both RF and SR. But if you invest those 5 points in 25% extra life, this should give you more life, and as direct result more RF damage. Net result would be more life, same-ish RF damage, and slightly less SR damage.
That is my choice for a bit more tankiness, since Izaro goes down fast enough already ;)

I probably should stop wogging and get back to work :)
Hey im lvl 80 I would like to see if anyone can improve my items?
https://pastebin.com/wC6Yaeju
"
osiwm wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
In theory it will prevent any damage including from RF, am I correct?

You are incorrect, IC only stops physical damage nowdays, so RF burns right through it

Oh, ok thx.

"
osiwm wrote:

The only thing i would do is spec out of "ash, Frost, Storm" and "Light of Divinity" passive branches, but that is a personal preference.

Thanks, I got rid of "Ash, Frost, Storm" and went to hp nodes. Nearly 5.8k hp now. I was afraid about mana but Pious Path is doing rly good job. I need to test it on higher tier maps.

What would be gem quality prio?
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Im currently at lvl 62 but still im loosing hp and mp a lot when usuing rf cant really use the build atm i really need help
I'm a little confused, when ever I put in my Decoy Totem, instead of the increased burning... it does not cast RF... it has the same lvl, do I miss something?

Well it works with a spelltotem... am I missing something?
Last edited by Hirogen on Aug 17, 2017, 2:09:22 PM
"
Hirogen wrote:
I'm a little confused, when ever I put in my Decoy Totem, instead of the increased burning... it does not cast RF... it has the same lvl, do I miss something?

Well it works with a spelltotem... am I missing something?

Thanks for the chuckle :)

Spelltotem is a support that makes totems that cast that spell, decoy totem a stand alone skill that places a decoy totem that taunts enemies. You dont link anything to it ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info