3.0 Cold Pen Glacial Cascade Mines

"
mitchG1337 wrote:
Hey All !

I linked spell totem + detonate mines ... but my placed mine does not detonate when i spell a toten ?!?!

thx 4 help ...

It should work, to test it, find a single mob roaming, get space, lay a bunch of mines then drop the totem. The totem will only detonate when mobs are in range. If you are dropping it and its not going off, chances are the mines are getting destroyed before the totem has a change to work. There is a slight delay when the totem detonates the mines.
:D worked ... think there were no enemys at my testing ^^
thx !
Yesterday someone had messaged me requesting I make a video of a T11+ map to see how this build does, so I recorded a T12 Estuary earlier. (tough mods with atrocious gear). Do you like the idea of utilizing moving glaciers to obliterate entire screens of monsters (and off the screen?), then play this build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GYpt2UDeVI

I just alch'd map and went.. Didn't bother rerolling map to hand-pick mods.. Had Monster Crit, Crit dmg multiplier, and Ele weakness :s etc, pretty tough mods. Died twice on the boss at the end but I had no experience doing that fight with a mine character, and it was ele weakness and I had no bismuth flask to cover resists.. Now that I have a better feel for that fight could easily do it from here.

Only on a 4-link with glacial cascade still, 5c'ish or so worth of gear, no real life nodes (I have none of the life nodes on the big life node wheel taken atm, need some more levels).

No quality gems, no 5-link yet, wasn't running hatred aura because I have to buy a few new pieces of gear to cover resists to use essence worm ring with it.. So there is definitely a huge amount of room for more DPS and survivability. The fact that this build handled it so well with my ghetto setup is pretty amazing to be honest.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Aug 9, 2017, 3:33:33 PM
here is my progress in HC harbinger

Spoiler

comfortably and quickly clearing up to T7, 5.2k EHP with 1k from MoM + Acro/Phase. Shield Charge feels really great with this build too, you just charge > drop mines> charge > Drop mines > detonate and blow up the whole screen with pack oneshots... my damage is absurd after 5-linking and grabbing an essence worm. and then pop Spell Totem + Vaal Grace and dps down single target, it's really wonderful. breaches are the best with this build and the autoaiming spell totem glaciers lmao
Last edited by Trentemoller on Aug 10, 2017, 12:23:58 AM
I started this build last night as my 1st hc character this league. Rushed to act4.

I was wondering how this build is for bosses in the next Acts..? Single target good?

Love the build so far.
Iam a scrub and new to the game. Iam close to lvl 45 (to poor for Tremor Rod most likely). Iam in act 5 and I have trouble to find decent loot on my own with usable links I need for this build... I guess its to use the PoE trade for some upgrades.

Now the question is... What the hell to buy at lvl 45(ish)... Iam extremely squishy for phys attacks :<

Could someone experienced with this build give me some item tips? I watched alot of videos and did read trough tutorials, but the majority are for close to or already end game stuff.
"
LoniLoni wrote:
Iam a scrub and new to the game. Iam close to lvl 45 (to poor for Tremor Rod most likely). Iam in act 5 and I have trouble to find decent loot on my own with usable links I need for this build... I guess its to use the PoE trade for some upgrades.

Now the question is... What the hell to buy at lvl 45(ish)... Iam extremely squishy for phys attacks :<

Could someone experienced with this build give me some item tips? I watched alot of videos and did read trough tutorials, but the majority are for close to or already end game stuff.

Could you set your character profile to public so we can see at what state your at ? (it's in your privacy settings on your account on this site)

Also i have a Tremor Rod to spare if you want. It's only a 3 socket one but it might be enough for now.
Last edited by Sonoryo on Aug 10, 2017, 8:54:54 AM
I am also having some trouble getting to that late game with my Mines shadow.... also pretty new any advice?
"
Sonoryo wrote:

Could you set your character profile to public so we can see at what state your at ? (it's in your privacy settings on your account on this site)

Also i have a Tremor Rod to spare if you want. It's only a 3 socket one but it might be enough for now.

Done, but its really just a placeholder since with my current weapon I cant make the mines efficient enough.
My GC build seems alright so far but getting into the T9+ maps seems a little hard, my damage is amazing but the build is too squishy i feel unfortunately, at level 79 i have 3.3k health + 1.4k ES but i can die really easily, with max res and CWDT setup with immortal call. My gear is decent i feel and i try to be careful when it comes to bosses but so far it isn't a bad build and its been great for the most part.

For levelling it was amazing, i drilled through acts really fast and bosses weren't much of an issue, but i feel that it does really fall of in higher tier maps, not so badly but bad enough where you will die more often. I'm not sure if anyone else is having problems with surviving but i am, if anyone figured out a way to have this build be great in damage and slightly more tanky, please do post it here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info