Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

"
Elhazzared wrote:

Lastly about threshold jewels. We never got them "easily" and to be honest I feel the vendor was a good idea. Again some "illuminated" brains said that trivialised content. What they fail to realise is that these jewels don't make anything easier. All they do is provide a way to alter the way you play a skill or even may make a skill worth using.

Providing it as a quest reward is one thing but we cannot forget that in many cases you don't just use one of these gems and it's bad form to simply make players create characters just to finish that quest and get extra jewels which are build enabling and are pretty damn weak anyway. The vendor was by far the best solution but of course, GGG listens to those who cry rather than making a decision based on things actually impact the game.

It may be just me (although I'm fairly sure I ain't the only one) but PoE was much better in 2.0, there is in fact no comparison to how much better it was!

As many pointed out, the vendor in its current form could be prone to being expolited (not only with corruption, don't forget that in 3.0 we will get a new currency that reforges an unique item into a new random one of the same class, easy and fast acquisition of unique jewels could have been exploitable by someone).

A possible solution would have been to simply raise the price to something like 2c.

Anyway.. maybe we will be awarded with another jewel during ACT 10, so some of you conrcerns will be addressed.
Last edited by FrancescoV on Aug 1, 2017, 9:24:24 AM
Nooo! Why did you guys pull the Split Arrow jewel? I really wanted to play with that.
"
Bishma wrote:
I cant understand the logic of these changes GGG: first you introduce very nice Tinker armour for Trappers which give +% to gain Frenzy charge and second - introduce changes which remove any effect of Frenzy charges from Trapper-builds - what the hell is this?
The same problem with Node which should increase % to gain Frenzy charge with traps - what reason should i have to take that Node now?

Whether i don't know something or don't understand you...
Sadly... I planned to start as Trapper.

you can do attack traps ;)
Idea on charges....

Add % Elemental damage based on the charge color. That way it would add even more charge diversity and offset any future nerfs to say crit chance on them. It would also make them more balanced across class build types.

This would also bring them in line with the various gems and jewels that are elemental based on color.

I already posted this idea once before, so I am sorry if it seems redundant. I just think it was ignored like most of my posts on here.

I do have many other ideas for game improvement and balancing but I am afraid to post them due to them being passed over like they are nothing without even another player's opinion on the matter.

I could become a valued poster If people would start taking notice and giving me a reason to take the time to type it all out.

Thank you all for everything, especially GGG for the great game we all play.
As always thank you for your time. Be well Exiles.
"
FrancescoV wrote:
"
Elhazzared wrote:

Lastly about threshold jewels. We never got them "easily" and to be honest I feel the vendor was a good idea. Again some "illuminated" brains said that trivialised content. What they fail to realise is that these jewels don't make anything easier. All they do is provide a way to alter the way you play a skill or even may make a skill worth using.

Providing it as a quest reward is one thing but we cannot forget that in many cases you don't just use one of these gems and it's bad form to simply make players create characters just to finish that quest and get extra jewels which are build enabling and are pretty damn weak anyway. The vendor was by far the best solution but of course, GGG listens to those who cry rather than making a decision based on things actually impact the game.

It may be just me (although I'm fairly sure I ain't the only one) but PoE was much better in 2.0, there is in fact no comparison to how much better it was!

As many pointed out, the vendor in its current form could be prone to being expolited (not only with corruption, don't forget that in 3.0 we will get a new currency that reforges an unique item into a new random one of the same class, easy and fast acquisition of unique jewels could have been exploitable by someone).

A possible solution would have been to simply raise the price to something like 2c.

Anyway.. maybe we will be awarded with another jewel during ACT 10, so some of you conrcerns will be addressed.

For a trading player, this "exploit" is already in place because unique jewels you may corrupt are already around 1 alch, some are a couple alts, and probably even cheaper in bulk. For the non trading player you would tie up all your alchs and vaal orbs into such a project, and if the reward for that is a corrupted jewel you wanted you have paid a substantial cost for that. Vaal orbs are really tight on SSF, and you cannot get any other nice vaal mods or vaal maps, you cannot even alch alot of maps because you will be spending it on jewels. I really dont see this problem, but even bumping the price to 1C or even 10C would be fine as well. You would even pay 50C or 100C for your build enebling jewel on SSF as unique jewels are so plentyfull that a specific one would not "drop eventually" as the other common or semi-common uniques.
"
Destroyer989 wrote:
Was really looking forward to power charges having 4% more spell damage.

Would love to see this added to Elemental Overload to make them useful to noncrit builds.

+1 great idea
Muuuuuch better.

I liked the intent behind the original Chill/Shock changes, making them more reliable for people wanting them as a trigger for extra conditional effects like Hypothermia but making their effect scale with investment. That feels better, and this sounds like a better way to go about it than the previous semi-botched attempt.

Thanks for not pushing through weird Charges. The Power nerf was kind of inevitable, but I'm mostly all right with that. We'll see how it plays out in a few days!
Hello GGG,

While Reddit is a mixed bag, there was clearly a portion of the player base that feels a certain way. I think holding off on the power/frenzy changes was a good move. You now have time to study us the player base and warm us up to sweeping changes.

As a SSF player, I hope the unique jewel quest options are there.... :)

Onward to 3.0.0!

~R
So will the health threshold for stun be looked at on bosses as well?

asking for a friend ... who I play melee support for :)
"
Gandicar wrote:
Idea on charges....

Add % Elemental damage based on the charge color. That way it would add even more charge diversity and offset any future nerfs to say crit chance on them. It would also make them more balanced across class build types.

This would also bring them in line with the various gems and jewels that are elemental based on color.

I already posted this idea once before, so I am sorry if it seems redundant. I just think it was ignored like most of my posts on here.

I do have many other ideas for game improvement and balancing but I am afraid to post them due to them being passed over like they are nothing without even another player's opinion on the matter.

I could become a valued poster If people would start taking notice and giving me a reason to take the time to type it all out.

Thank you all for everything, especially GGG for the great game we all play.

This would limit them to elemental builds only, and elemental builds of a given element that is pathing around where the charge is. This makes it very limiting to use them in builds that path away from the "intended" archaetypes. The elementalist would never go south for endurance charges as an example. As of today, the charges are very versatile and any build that want to speed up may go frenzy, tank up go for endurance, or crit go for powercharges. My suggestion is to add "2% more damage" to each charge to keep them versatile and interesting to pick up, and opens up new ideas that invest into charges even more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info