[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Just scored that one for 2c in HC, should I craft .2% leeched from fire damage to it?

You can do that of course. But it wount help you in anyway since you cannot leech with RF.
"
1 - "Keep it and you have 3 RF totems for bigger area coverage, but only one deals damage to a target"
So if i use 3 totems, 1 totem will deal damage, and when it kill all mobs in area than next totem will start doing damage?

No. What he is trying to say here is that RF damage does not stack. So even if a mob is in the area of two totems at the same time only one totem can deal damage to it. It has nothing to do with when it starts

"
2 - "Unskill it and you can remove the Ice or lightning trap in your setup. Orb of Storms can now proc Elemental Overload, Elemental Equilibrium"
Are you sure about that? I use orb of storm, and when it hit mobs uder mob life there is notice "Vulnerability to fire"

Ancestral bond makes you unable to do any damage. You can still casts spells/attacks that has the same animations and if it is lightning (like orb of storm) the mobs "takes" lightning damage. However the damage is set to 0. When you see the "Vulnerability to fire" under the monster the Elemental Equlibrium has procced because the spell is lightning and not fire.

Elemental Overload requires you to crit. You cannot crit if you do no damage. Hence the reason why you need to use traps to trigger it.
"
qbatronix wrote:
Hello, first of all thank you for this build, it is awesome.

I have two question about Ancestral Bond.

1 - "Keep it and you have 3 RF totems for bigger area coverage, but only one deals damage to a target"
So if i use 3 totems, 1 totem will deal damage, and when it kill all mobs in area than next totem will start doing damage?

2 - "Unskill it and you can remove the Ice or lightning trap in your setup. Orb of Storms can now proc Elemental Overload, Elemental Equilibrium"
Are you sure about that? I use orb of storm, and when it hit mobs uder mob life there is notice "Vulnerability to fire"

1- Only 1 totem deals damage to a target, meaning you cannot use overlapping rf totems to deal more damage on 1 mob since it only takes damage from 1 totem. Multiple totem only helps out with the coverage of the area.

2- If you have AB, then orb of storms cannot trigger EE since you cannot deal damage with skills urself unless you throw traps to trigger EE. Orb of storm still triggers EO if you are using AB.
If you take off AB then now you are considered dealing damage with orb of storms and it will now trigger EE, just make sure you have no " xx fire damage added to spell" on any of your gear, or else it will be counter-productive and give the mob more fire resist instead.
Spoiler
"
ntpphong wrote:
"
qbatronix wrote:

1- Only 1 totem deals damage to a target, meaning you cannot use overlapping rf totems to deal more damage on 1 mob since it only takes damage from 1 totem. Multiple totem only helps out with the coverage of the area.

2- If you have AB, then orb of storms cannot trigger EE since you cannot deal damage with skills urself unless you throw traps to trigger EE. Orb of storm still triggers EO if you are using AB.
If you take off AB then now you are considered dealing damage with orb of storms and it will now trigger EE, just make sure you have no " xx fire damage added to spell" on any of your gear, or else it will be counter-productive and give the mob more fire resist instead.

Imagine you're fighting 1 mob - a boss, a rare, whatever. You put one totem under its legs - the mob is now taking RF burning damage.
You put another totem overlaping with the first one - it starts casting RF and you can see 2 circles - but the mob is already taking RF damage so it won't take 2x damage as only 1 instance of RF buurning can be active on a mob.
Last edited by anone on Aug 22, 2017, 5:56:21 AM
"
qbatronix wrote:

1. multiple rf totems dont deal damage to a single targer,but every totem deals damage in their own area.they just dont deal overlapped damage.

2. ofc i am sure about it. Mobs get vulnerable to fire due to flammability already, ee further debuffs that
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Thank you all for response. Now i understand how it works.
Will "increased elemental damage with weapon" add more damage if I craft it?
I used the annulment orb and removed 1 useless stat. Now I can craft 15-19% increased fire damage.
Last edited by ntpphong on Aug 22, 2017, 6:31:08 AM
Hi guys,

I'm leveling with this scepter quite for a while. I just read about scepter crafting and it mentioned about fire damage to attacks/spells and i remmeber that in milkys guide this was mentioned as well.

Am I fcuked up and all time long I wasn't proc'ing EE because of this prefix?

Thanks for answers.
yes that added fire damage to spell with fuck up your EE
"
Milkyslice wrote:

1. multiple rf totems dont deal damage to a single targer,but every totem deals damage in their own area.they just dont deal overlapped damage.

POE Wiki Burning page says clearly:

"

Different sources of burning damage stack cumulatively, but multiple applications from the same source do not. For example, two Spell Totem Support linked with Righteous Fire will not double the burn damage, however a Spell Totem Support linked with Righteous Fire together with a Searing Bond totem will stack with each other.

It also means that two beams from Searing Bond do not stack, thanks for asking :P
- TroubiCZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info