[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

(accidentally multiposted)
Last edited by Mulgen on Aug 13, 2017, 3:32:50 AM
(accidentally multiposted)
Last edited by Mulgen on Aug 13, 2017, 3:32:59 AM
How do you feel about going up to the top and grabbing the Heart of Flame and Breath of Flames tree?

It would cost 12 points but give (relevant skills)

71% fire damage
70% Burning damage

so 141% damage
"
How do you feel about going up to the top and grabbing the Heart of Flame and Breath of Flames tree?

It would cost 12 points but give (relevant skills)

71% fire damage
70% Burning damage

so 141% damage

You can then also grab the life nodes and the jewel node right by it aswell. However the points needs to come from somewhere. The build as it is now is following a really good path already.

I have been theory crafting this abit and found that in order to be able to take those nodes you need to replace life or damage nodes. Life is not good because you loose to much and the build is perfectly balanced with the amount of life it is getting already.

You can replace some damage nodes but the gain makes it not really worth it.

If you have a pathing that would work i would appreciate if you could post it.

Does anybody know why the author has -40% chaos resist and doesn't get more chaos res on gear?
-40% chaos res is suicide in so many situations.

I personally took some chaos res on my belt. Am I missing something?
2 Questions,
1 Is there any way to se the dps when playing this build?

2 Does onslaught work with RF-totems?
"
epicdyrwoolf wrote:
2 Questions,

In Path Of Building it will show dps

"

1) Path of building will show the dps.

2) Yes. Onslaught works. The cast speed would reduce the initial time for the totems to cast RF by a small amount. Up to you to decide if you think it is worth it or not:) Personally i dont.
"
Brongard wrote:
Does anybody know why the author has -40% chaos resist and doesn't get more chaos res on gear?

With the armor and especially ring slots being locked getting a proper chaos resist is way too hard and you'll have to give up on getting other resists to 170
Someone suggested using Infernal Mantle as the armor, so you can use any ring you want but then Self Flagellation Jewel will become useless. I don't know if you can make up for the damage loss from that
Last edited by Rathma0 on Aug 13, 2017, 5:09:55 PM
"
"
Brongard wrote:

With the armor and especially ring slots being locked getting a proper chaos resist is way too hard and you'll have to give up on getting other resists to 170
Someone suggested using Infernal Mantle as the armor, so you can use any ring you want but then Self Flagellation Jewel will become useless. I don't know if you can make up for the damage loss from that

its 90 resist (old 150).

the reason is: i didnt care about chaos resist and didnt want to invest into it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info