[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Ugh every league I go through 10 different builds I want to start with but i always end up back at RFT :) I have a feeling the Soulmantle set up will cost 2ex+ at the start due to hiero buffs. Oh well!
"
jconaspree wrote:
Ugh every league I go through 10 different builds I want to start with but i always end up back at RFT :) I have a feeling the Soulmantle set up will cost 2ex+ at the start due to hiero buffs. Oh well!

i feel the same, we will see. its still a common item :X

I would hunt for Soulmantle first and remove curses with 2 flasks, then grab dem Kikazarus and after that self-flagellation.

Sadly i cannot play much the first weekend :(

21.00 is the release for me and my nightshift starts at 21.15...then sleep, family time and the next nightshift... :(

at least the items will be cheaper once i can play
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 1, 2018, 10:49:50 AM
I'm not the fastest runner but i hope i can catch a Soul Mantle before they spike up. Last league necro was quite popular and Vis Mortis were about 30c i think, not exactly a super cheap starter but i expect Soul Mantle to be around the same, maybe 40 or 50c. I'll probably wait for Kikazarus to be there as well to use it though, relying on a single flask to avoid the rain of curses seems like a miserable experience. :D

"
Hell you could even go for a CI occultist version with a heavy curse focus which would deal less dmg but is near immortal ;)

I probably like the QoL of lots of totems too much to go for that but, you spike my curiosity there. Gonna play a bit in PoB with such a thing later.

Good luck with the night shift, those are gonna be some loooong hours i guess. :/
Last edited by Axylxys on Mar 1, 2018, 11:02:53 AM
What about the %7 totem damage penalty per totem at Ritual of Awakening?

i couldn't find anywhere you mentioning it, sorry if i missed.

thanks.
"
Hellstaff wrote:

thanks.

thats getting removed in 3.2

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Hellstaff wrote:

thanks.

thats getting removed in 3.2

ah ok thanks.
finally i made my decision , i'll start with this build. Thanx for long and explanatory build guide
Looking at that more in depth, i'm not sure conviction of power is really worth it.

Considering we don't get much use out of power charges (procing EO through other means should be fine) and elemental penetration, it's down to 25% chance to get an endurance charge when we get a power charge, that one being 50%. So that means one endurance charge (on average) every 8 totems.

We also get the 5% reduced ele damage taken, that one is actually good.

On the other hand, we could get Sanctuary of Thought and build a significant ES buffer, or get way more dps from the Arcane blessing route + actual elemental immunity.

Is it really worth the trade off ? I feel just slapping an inc.crit on OoS and using enduring cry once in a while would cover pretty much what Conviction of Power does, and we could get quite a nice upgrade with the other nodes, the AoE being nice QoL for RF and the spell damage boosting single target SR significantly for the offensive route.
Last edited by Axylxys on Mar 1, 2018, 8:01:49 PM
With Heiro, how long do the RF totems last before they degen down to 1 hp?

"
CoolColJ wrote:
With Heiro, how long do the RF totems last before they degen down to 1 hp?

"
RFT Degen Calculation:

RF deals 22.5% damage based on the max life per second with 75% fire resistance.

Spelltotems take 45% less damage from all sources.

This means the totem only degens for 12.375% life per second.
Hierophant grants the totem 1% liferegen per totem, we use up to 5 totems. This results in 7.375% lifedegen per sec or a 13.55 sec uptime if it takes no other dmg... longer than it needs to stay around (enemys ripped, replacing..)

"
Looking at that more in depth, i'm not sure conviction of power is really worth it.

Sanctuary of thought does literally nothing once we get hit. There is no way to increase the recharge start / regen and there is no access to leech/regen for es. Most of the time ES would be just 0.

I would rather skill 2 minor nodes than illuminated devotion on this build.

I wanna make it as smooth as possible and for that conviction of power is the way to go. If you wanna try the other nodes i am not holding you back ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info