Changes to the Labyrinth

"
Nishrek wrote:
"
MECHanokl wrote:
(...)It really needs to become optional; I mean damn, uber lab already offers tons of incentives, expensive enchants, loot, why does ggg force this crap down everyone's throats??

My bet? Because they would've to admit they wasted money for creating crappy content. And they do not have balls to do this.
Also when Lab is optional the number of players will massively drop, so they can't advertise it as a successful expansion anymore.

While your conclusion may be correct, a kinder (and likely more accurate) theory is a combination of the following:

1. Collective vulnerability to the sunk-cost fallacy and/or variants thereof.
2. An attempt to manage (protect) morale by GGG leadership.

Neither of these is a compelling excuse for GGG's (relative) inaction, mind you. But let's criticize GGG for their actual flaws. I would not consider cowardice to be among them.

They definitely have the balls to make controversial decisions they believe to be right; they've proven it time and time again.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Still waiting for Ascendary points to be removed from lab, tons of other content was overhauled and reworked, but still labyrinth is a horrible inevitability for points.
Lab is in a much worse place after 3.0 due to you having -30% to resists in Act 3 "Normal" once you move into Act6.

That -30% is permanent and stays when you go back to Act 3 Lab. So do Normal Lab before you progress or you just make it harder for yourself.

I'm never doing Lab and have even less reason to now.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chameleon wrote:
Lab is in a much worse place after 3.0 due to you having -30% to resists in Act 3 "Normal" once you move into Act6.

That -30% is permanent and stays when you go back to Act 3 Lab. So do Normal Lab before you progress or you just make it harder for yourself.

Excellent point! Thank you for sharing the sad story.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Oh and there is another permanent -30% to resists later in the game, so yeah...
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chameleon wrote:

Surely this is unintentional?
"
"
Chameleon wrote:

Surely this is unintentional?

I believe it is common for people to over level Labyrinth runs in order to reduce the chance of having to redo it. Therefore, I'd have to agree that it is unintentional by the developers.

I hope that the issue is brought to the attention of GGG by someone in the Beta program? I'm not sure that this thread will do that?

edit: perhaps The Fall of Oriath - Beta Bug Reports?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jun 9, 2017, 1:21:52 AM
I hope they keep it the way it is now, that way you do the lab when you should or be "punished" for ignoring it.

I also believe they should keep the bosses on the more difficult side, that way you are forced to do the lab before doing those bosses as well. If you think vanilla malachia was hard, some of these other ones are difficult as well.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
I hope they keep it the way it is now, that way you do the lab when you should or be "punished" for ignoring it.

I also believe they should keep the bosses on the more difficult side, that way you are forced to do the lab before doing those bosses as well. If you think vanilla malachia was hard, some of these other ones are difficult as well.

Happiness in other's misery?

I guess as long as it makes you feel better about yourself, it's all good.
"
goetzjam wrote:

+1
It's really not that hard to complete at the appropriate level. Finally got to the norm laby in beta this morn @ lvl 34 and was lvl 36 when I came out. Didn't even have good gear, res not capped and crap flasks. Felt like the natural act progression IMO.

It also made me realize how silly it is when people say it's not "kill shit/get loot" in the laby. It clearly is, and you can get some pretty good xp in there while you're at it. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info