2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

Thank you for nerfing meelee builds .... welcome to path of range !

As if not nearly all of the tier 0 build are ranged .... Thank you for nothing !
WHY DID YOU NERF CYCLONE FFS?
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
"
Deliverme wrote:
I have been planning to play Oro's Berserker Cyclone... now?

No mention specifically on cyclone, but I imagine it is nerfed?

Yes, 15% less aoe apparently
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Hmmm, can't seem to understand what your plan is behind these changes, likely not "make the game less fun and diversive".

I'm curious about the patch notes.

I don't like these changes. I really liked to make my Earthquake hits be as big as they could.
I dnno... It just felt really good and fun and now your nerfing it because your trying to nerf other much more OP builds? hmm
So what is difference between cleave and reave (without vaal version) now?
No but seriously.... Norse was the only streamer to play Reave and he dumped like 300 exalts into it and just did Strands all the time... You absolutely destroyed the only reason to use this skill. Basically you used it to clear, then put on BF and killed the boss like anything else in one second.

Reave had absolutely horrible damage as you nerfed it before. It was a very niche skill and literally no one used it. I'd bet less than 50 reave characters were made in all of 1.6.

All my salt aside. Can you give me one reason why you would use Reave over cleave or bf or eq? It had one niche, being slightly faster than BF. I know there has to be some logic in this change other than to upset the handful of reave players, but why make it so similar to other skills that aren't really used? That is where I am failing to find any logic in it whatsoever.

Edit: With their usual lack of all logical replies...I guess it is time for a bow build league starter! Woo!
Last edited by Freshour on Feb 27, 2017, 5:43:18 PM
The 2 skills I was looking at starting SSF legacy with are Arctic Breath and Shock Nova. I see nothing about base area increases for them, and in my testing they didn't feel particularly OP even with all the AoE stuff I could conveniently get.

Should I just assume they're completely non-viable now instead of just a fun, challenging build? A shame as I was looking for some underused spells to start next league with and now it looks like I might have to plan some bow build instead. I was waiting on the new tree to see if Wild Strike will work well enough with the new shadow leech as I rather enjoyed building that in the past, maybe that will still work.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Sweet, great information.

Edit- Soo i fully looked over it now and it seems that there are quite alot of heavy nerfs to area for melee. That really doesnt make sense in the long run especially with Ranged.

Melee splashes "buff" is soo minuscule that it isnt even funny, most people werent running Area of Effect gems either, but people who did now have been massively nerfed.

The one saving grace of some melee skills were their reach, but now it seems melee skills have been hit far harder than spells and ranged skills in terms of the area nerfs.

Soo basically, Ranged/Spell > Melee still, Area of Effect globally nerfed in most cases and melee hit harder than Ranged/Spells in the long run in terms of Area of Effect nerfs.

EDIT 2 - The even bigger question now is, does 15-20% Less Area of Effect modifiers still exist in 2.6 ? They were already huge, i mean HUGE nerfs to melee when it was introduced. If Less Area of Effect still exists its going to make playing melee skills even more miserable because youll need the Area of Effect gem and nodes.

I don't get it.... at least now i'm even more convinced to NOT play the next league trying a new reave setup... how come Iaoe gem gets nerfed like this? Omg

THAT REAVE NERF HOLY ssss=0
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
"
Atlantae wrote:
I keep saying "No" but GGG balance team keeps on thrusting :(
feels so good tho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info