[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

Hey all,

This is a super fun build indeed! Currently at 96, and just killed Uber Elder with these items. The dagger is self crafted and I was able to afford the rest of the gear by grinding with the same character. I failed many times on Uber Elder, finally, I decided to buy Aul's necklace, and run discipline on top of everything else (necklace reserves no mana on Wrath). Respecced away from Eldritch Battery and MoM, used the extra points to boost the life pool:

"
SRVaughan wrote:
Hey all,

This is a super fun build indeed! Currently at 96, and just killed Uber Elder with these items. The dagger is self crafted and I was able to afford the rest of the gear by grinding with the same character. I failed many times on Uber Elder, finally, I decided to buy Aul's necklace, and run discipline on top of everything else (necklace reserves no mana on Wrath). Respecced away from Eldritch Battery and MoM, used the extra points to boost the life pool:

How did you craft lightning as extra chaos on the dagger, can't find the mod on the crafting bench for the life of me ?
Last edited by X_katan_X on Apr 22, 2019, 12:59:07 PM
@ImTheories: How many tries did it take to chance the elder COTB? Or did you just buy it?

Also I've noticed for awhile that your hazardous research is on a node that is surrounded by dex, is there a reason for this or did you misplace it there by accident?
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
"
SRVaughan wrote:
Hey all,

That dagger is amazing! How did you craft that???

Also, any upgrades anyone could advise me? I tend to die too fast. I'm at 4189 hp and 2137 ES with full res but still I go down in some T11 maps. (and I take ele reflect and no regen maps into account, don't worry)

I was thinking that I should have more crit chance, because it's "only" at 38%. DPS is 175k. Crit multilier is 420%

Any advice please??

Well i think my build is complete lol. It took me over 1000 chance orbs to chance this. I'm sitting at 440k tooltip hideout dps for spark.

Here's a video of the last phase of shaper, showing the single target capabilities of this build.

https://youtu.be/DnrirDsEgIE
"
xsnowingx wrote:
@ImTheories: How many tries did it take to chance the elder COTB? Or did you just buy it?

Also I've noticed for awhile that your hazardous research is on a node that is surrounded by dex, is there a reason for this or did you misplace it there by accident?

I was unlucky, over 1000 chance orbs, my clicking finger was tired.

Hazardous research only needs 40 int, and it doesn't have to be allocated points. I believe i have 60 int in that circle.
Last edited by ImTheories on Apr 22, 2019, 4:24:48 PM
"
ImTheories wrote:
"
xsnowingx wrote:

Hazardous research only needs 40 int, and it doesn't have to be allocated points. I believe i have 60 int in that circle.

That makes sense, thanks.

You think 1000 was on the unlucky side of the spectrum? I really want to get an Elder COTB as well, and the cheapest (of only two haha) on the marketplace is 10ex. Actually the shaped ones are more than 10ex, which I would assume have the same odds. At 10 ex might try my luck at chancing, if I get similar to your odds, its still the cheaper option.

Unsure whether to self craft a scepter or make the ring first, but I will do one of those options next.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Apr 22, 2019, 4:46:50 PM
"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
ImTheories wrote:
"
xsnowingx wrote:

That makes sense, thanks.

You think 1000 was on the unlucky side of the spectrum? I really want to get an Elder COTB as well, and the cheapest (of only two haha) on the marketplace is 10ex. Actually the shaped ones are more than 10ex, which I would assume have the same odds. At 10 ex might try my luck at chancing, if I get similar to your odds, its still the cheaper option.

Unsure whether to self craft a scepter or make the ring first, but I will do one of those options next.

Do you have a mark of the shaper ring yet? The combo with an elder cotb would probably be a cheaper dps increase than trying to craft a better scepter imo . Make sure you do finger exercises before you start chancing lol.
"
bashtart wrote:

I would get a warlord’s mark ring which boost mainly survivability and sustain. You have obviously a lot room for improvements... a 6link, a better weapon, shield, ... more or less all rare gear pieces.

Thanks, Im actually making currency to get better items
Last edited by tiesto on Apr 22, 2019, 8:26:27 PM
@X_Katan_X and @Dodgy242 The dagger was crafted like this:

- Buy high crit implicit dagger, at that point I could only afford the 40% one, there is one with 50% too. It needs to be ilvl 85+
- You want to have a yellow item with only one explicit mod, the Ele Dmg as Chaos Dmg
- Scour it and start throwing alterations
- At some point, you get a T1 Ele Dmg as Chaos Dmg, if you are lucky, this will be the only mod
- Throw a regal to make it rare, this will add another explicit mod
- At this point, you have a T1 ele dmg as chaos dmg and 1 or 2 extra mods. If you are super lucky, the extra mods are T1 of something you need, if not, we need to get rid of them
- Throw annulments on it, and pray that only the shaper mod is left behind
- When you have this base item done, you will need recipes. Craft multiple mods + veiled recipes. I didn't have all of them, so I contacted a nice person to do it for me. Search for crafting service in the forums
- You can find the recipes I added on the dagger here https://poedb.tw/us/CraftingBenchOptions

@Dodgy242 What I found to be a bit safer is to replace the Hazardous Research jewel by something else, and find a helmet with +3 extra sparks (you can find a cheap one for starters). This way, all of your sparks are fired in front of you, killing fast whatever stands in the way. I changed my play style a bit not to shield charging in the middle of the pack, rather, cast first and then shield charge. The idea is to have sparks around you as you run/shield charging.

Last edited by SRVaughan on Apr 23, 2019, 2:44:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info