[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

What is the best gem setup for a boss fight?

Also Zizaran made a good point on one of his streams about Energy Shield Leach that most of the time while mapping or in Delve I am at full ES so the only added benefit is 24% damage. I am pretty sure hypothermia will give me more DPS.

For my new setup I am going to go with the following:

Spark - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia - Spell Echo - Increased Critical - Added lighting
"
Sonnics wrote:
"
Glithy wrote:
"
Sonnics wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm a bit new to the game.
I'm level 91 atm and trying to change to the Covenant setup (Atm I'm Mind over the Matter Eldritch). Can you guys highlight for me the benefits of changing to The Covenant? The way I see it, Eldritch battery works fine and can scale defensively just as well with focus on high life/ES ratio? You can also then get very high ES/Life 6L with resists instead of the average stats for the Covenant.

What are the benefits of switching out of Eldritch battery defensively and how would it scale more effectively? I know I'm wrong I just want to understand why.

It's simple, MoM will only allow you to use 30% of your energy shield. Covenant is going to use all of it to mitigate damage expect chaos damage which will go through your ES and just take life.

Correct me if I'm wrong. With MoM, we are still using 100% of our shields if we consider our whole Healthpool. If we keep our shields at 30%-35% of our lifepool, then to die, the damage would effectively need to remove all our shields and our health, which would mean we are still using 100% of our shields as protection, it's just a more roundabout way. With this reasoning I am having trouble seeing the benefits of changing. Unless there are talent node upgrades that I am not taking into account.

@Bashtart can you shed some light into my question?

It is true when you keep energy shield 1:3 to life the version with eb & mom is also very strong but it is much easier to scale es to higher values imo. Imo the covenant version is the best way to go.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
The covenant or inpula is better everyone ?
"
raimer76 wrote:
The covenant or inpula is better everyone ?

Covenant
Hey! can you advice best levedling items for your build?
"
Sonnics wrote:
Hey Guys,
Correct me if I'm wrong. With MoM, we are still using 100% of our shields if we consider our whole Healthpool. If we keep our shields at 30%-35% of our lifepool, then to die, the damage would effectively need to remove all our shields and our health, which would mean we are still using 100% of our shields as protection, it's just a more roundabout way. With this reasoning I am having trouble seeing the benefits of changing. Unless there are talent node upgrades that I am not taking into account.

@Bashtart can you shed some light into my question?

When you are using MoM and EB together then only 30% of the damage is being absorbed by your ES. Because EB keystone makes your ES protect your mana pool instead of life. And MoM causes 30% of damage to be taken from your mana instead of life.

You could just use MoM by itself without EB in which case you would get 100% of protection from ES as well as 30% of damage being taken from mana but then you would need to drop one of the aura/heralds to be able to have enough mana to sustain your skills.

The Covenant build allows us to switch out of EB and MoM so that we have 100% ES protection and still have 3 auras/heralds as we can use Enlighten support gem to have 3 running with a small sliver of mana left over to use our movement skill cwdt setups and orb of storms. Our main 6L setup with the higher mana cost then uses blood magic so we don't need to worry about it running out and it adds Level 15 added chaos damage to the setup so it is a pseudo 7L setup for extra damage.
am using loreweaver and i thought its better than cov
or am wrong ?
How would you build a quantity and rarity build?

Ring - Drop my shaper ring for a ventor’s with quant and rarity
Amulet - Drop Choir of the Storm for a 10% quant amulet
Belt - Drop my Stygian for Bisco

If I’m lacking resists or HP I’ll drop my Shadows and Dust gloves for a rare pair with life, ES and resists
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:

If I’m lacking resists or HP I’ll drop my Shadows and Dust gloves for a rare pair with life, ES and resists

get every piece that can have quantity with max rolls

biscos colar , leash as amulet and belt , ring that has quantity with white socket as 1 of the rings then second one can be something with like 115% all res cast speed and abit of life or alternatively well rolled thief's wit/if rich can buy well rolled quantity ventors

as a mf u will be farming just regular mobs anyway so u dont need much res or anything

helm just enchant for projectiles or their speed
gloves sadimas touch

senatir's answer as the shield

goldwyrm as boots

divinators distile flask

eyes of the wolf as the amulet (very expensive upgrade from biscos)
Last edited by Vaikisss on Apr 19, 2019, 8:11:02 AM
"
Vaikisss wrote:
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:

get every piece that can have quantity with max rolls

biscos colar , leash as amulet and belt , ring that has quantity with white socket as 1 of the rings then second one can be something with like 115% all res cast speed and abit of life or alternatively well rolled thief's wit/if rich can buy well rolled quantity ventors

as a mf u will be farming just regular mobs anyway so u dont need much res or anything

helm just enchant for projectiles or their speed
gloves sadimas touch

senatir's answer as the shield

goldwyrm as boots

divinators distile flask

eyes of the wolf as the amulet (very expensive upgrade from biscos)

I assume I should switch out energy shield leach for pierce support since we are dropping the boots?
Last edited by DrunkBall101 on Apr 19, 2019, 9:17:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info