[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
Yoluun wrote:
Just started this as my 2nd guy for the league. First one was CI occultist which facerolled content, wanted something a bit speedier and interesting to play. Looking fun so far!

One thing I don't quite get is the use of MoM on a build that reserves so much mana. Something I'm missing?

Speedier is not true with this build tbh, most of in-door maps will prevent sparks from spreading, maze maps will be a curse to play, out-door maps gives less dps overall.
For single target, it lacks, by alot. Believe me, even with the buff, it still sucks :) last league I played it as last league build and put my 300ex worth of gears into it aiming toward dps, it still lacks.
But what pissed me off was how sparks functions, it just wont get thru doors and stuck in narrow area which make clear speed suffers.
Tier 16 bosses upward are pita to kill, most arenas are big, especially Hydra and Mino. On the other hand, you have to choose between standing still to cast sparks to fill the room or move away to stay alive.
Anyway, its up to you if you want to play a skill or not.
Fun to play? Maybe But speedier/tankier/stronger? Its something notice less and less as you progress :)
Overall:
Speedier: 1/5, stuck at door/maze maps. If dangerous pack stand on the other side of the door, you probably wait for them to get to to you or charge to other side praying that you dont die.
Stronger: 1/5, most sparks are wasted, single target is completely horrible.
Tankier: 0/5, have to choose between stand still to fill room with spark or move away. Life+MoM is average and wont get you thru 1-hit mechanics.
Fun: yes or no, depend on you :) no door, no maze, no narrow terrain, no wide terrain and you'll think its good to play :p
I'm not too picky, but just wanna tell ppl how the build performs before playing it. I play it too, but I just remembered how tough I had to get thru tier 15+ bosses, now I'll reroll something else.

Level 88
71k spark dps in hideout
Killed Atziri , Esh and Yellow Elder.

Pretty strong once you get familiar with the playstyle.

Single target feels so much better once you get choir of the storm. Even with Voice of the Storm is enough for early tier maps.

Delve is pretty much holding down spark and waiting for loots to drop. Bring a Quartz Flask or Flame Dash.

Haven't reach full potential yet with my gem's level, chancing/buying a inpulsa, spark enchant and boots enchant.
Last edited by Jasonx3 on Mar 12, 2019, 3:37:20 AM
What is the BIS helm ? That's my only concern in this build.
Right now I'm at

Need to replace boots, gloves and belt tho
And why not take holy dominion node? all res feels nice + ele dmg. Also, i think dropping acrobatics with nodes connected to it is pretty okay. Take life instead.
Last edited by mainstreamowy on Mar 12, 2019, 7:10:42 AM
"
Vaikisss wrote:

so few days into the league thats what i haz so far i think im at 89ish level so far but it feels like build is missing damage big time

don't think chernob is doing much for me ofc im still missing the amulet and better belt and tabula can be replaced w/ something else or atleast i could get +1 to gems/+2 to projectiles for spark but problem is sustaining and pushing maps is expensive atm so have to juggle between semi welfare gear and investing

anyway any suggestions on improving the dps especialy for the bosses maybe dual wield weapons and drop shield nodes or is there something more offensive shield wise

I don't wonder you have "no" damage.

Phys to ligning doesn't do anything for you, faster projectiles is more for farming (get faster proj on rare weapon / skill tree to free this slot), inc. crit strikes isn't the strongest DPS, too.

I'm not in ark this season, but test:
- Stronger multiplier : Cont destruction, even perhaps elemental focus, energy shield leech (a 39% more if you can sabotage your energy shield via blood lust - you'll get frencies for even more damage and cast speed).
- Fork instead of pierce? Even more sparks. It has now a positive damage multiplier.
- Experiment with unleash to get lot's of sparks during farming or bosses with much kiting.

Just a few tips to play with.

I got to T11 maps, but getting owned now.

Hideout dps shows 43k unbuffed. I know I dont have amulet weapon yet, but amulet is 2ex.

Followed the PoB pretty much. Any tips?

PoB https://pastebin.com/QabvWBzu
Last edited by Charmees on Mar 12, 2019, 7:45:48 AM
"
Charmees wrote:

I got to T11 maps, but getting owned now.

Hideout dps shows 43k unbuffed. I know I dont have amulet weapon yet, but amulet is 2ex.

Followed the PoB pretty much. Any tips?

PoB https://pastebin.com/QabvWBzu

What i did for the amulet is i bought Voice of the storm for 40c , bought a esh's breachstone for 31c and got lucky with blessing of esh. I used voice of storm for awhile before upgrading it. It still works fine.

Get call of the brotherhood and use herald of ice

I prefer using storm brand instead of orb of storm for power charge . Also your arcane surge level is way to high , keep it below the mana of ur skill.
(Example : my storm brand is 33 mana , by leaving my arcane surge at lv.7 i will always proc arcane surge each cast)
Is Instrument of virtue or Pious Path better? u have virtue in the PoB and Pious in the guide.
"
grickey99 wrote:
Is Instrument of virtue or Pious Path better? u have virtue in the PoB and Pious in the guide.

I changed it because of the feedback this season. Instruments gives abit better dps and clearspeed but pious path is very good for survivability.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Mar 12, 2019, 9:56:08 AM
"
bashtart wrote:
"
grickey99 wrote:

I changed it because of the feedback this season. Instruments gives abit better dps and clearspeed but pious path is very good for survivability.

Okai ty ^^ any recomendations on how much energy shield to have with Pious?
"
grickey99 wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:
"
grickey99 wrote:

Okai ty ^^ any recomendations on how much energy shield to have with Pious?

As much as possible I guess without investing too much. Or you go full and crap an energy leech gem in your setup.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info