[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

It seems we lost Overcharged though...
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8n66zp/overcharge_has_been_unfairly_wronged_i_feel/
Last edited by Bizze79 on May 30, 2018, 4:34:16 AM
What about Elementalist with the buff compare to inquisitor ?
Patch notes are huge. Pretty significant Spark buff and the BV changes will allow for more fluid gameplay. With a max of 10 blades instead of 20, it appears you won't have to stop and channel constantly to fully stack 20 blades which allows the integration of sparks into deeps rotation as well. Increased crit on BV also super solid for Inqusitor ascendancy. It will be interesting to see how Vaal Spark affects the build as well.

I am very likely gonna go low life spark / bv inquis this league similar to the CI build I posted. Benefits of the build include being able to take pain attunement, being able to run the 4 auras I really wanted to run but couldn't fit into my CI version (Wrath, Discipline, Arctic Armor, Herald of Ice w/ Onslaught), and being able to use Chayula to largely buff ES and also become immune to stun. In the build it will also be possible to swap in Choir of Storm as required. This will also allow BV to get 90% phys to lightning conversion (phys to lightning support, 40% phys to lightning with watcher's eye while using Wrath) which will spike BV dps by a ton. Combine that with the extra more modifier from pain attunement and it becomes even greater. The defensive power of the build is still largely maintained -- the only difference between this and my previous CI version is the lack of 100% chaos immunity, but overall higher shield capacity and stun immunity.

I'll post a pastebin of the theorycrafted version at some point. I am hopeful for the build idea though. Spark and BV buffs got me hype!
Hmm, sounds interesting... I'll check out the build once you post it.
Here is a first draft of my Low Life Spark BV Inquis described in the above post (and, of course, originally inspired by Bashtart's version):

https://pastebin.com/XBbMK6yh

All gear is pretty modest and reasonably attainable (no god rolls or anything like that, reasonable ES amounts on gear, etc). Low life is never a cheap archetype, but as far as the equips in that build go, it's pretty fair as a starting goal. It is nice to see, however, that even with modest gear, damage and ES are both solid and that there is even greater potential to improve.

A few notes about the build:

1) It is likely that some +30 stat nodes on the skill tree will be required to wear gear until stats on gear is fully optimized. With that said, it might be necessary to forego some damage nodes (eg: throatseeker cluster, crackling speed cluster, 2 crit multi for 1 crit chance around doom cast cluster, etc) or some QoL clusters (harrier) to compensate for this.

2) Feel free to switch Chayula out for Choir of Storm to check ES / damage changes. Chayula provides significantly more survivability in the form of additional ES and stun immunity while Choir provides significantly more single-target damage and overall dps. I will likely use Chayula for mapping to avoid stun-lock from huge packs and Choir for bosses that are either super beefy or that don't really require additional ES / stun immunity. Ultimately, it will be worth having both to swap between.

3) The sovereignty cluster (near zealots oath on the left) might look a little strange. Allow me to explain. We actually need our nodes organized this way to have sufficient mana to cast with our 4 auras up but also to make sure that our Herald of Ice w/ Onslaught gets up low enough to hit the 35% life threshold. With Level 4 enlighten, if we were to take the additional 4% mana reservation node, that would put us above 35% even with a Level 1 0% quality blood magic gem attached to it. On the plus side, you can forego the "aura effect" node for an additional 4% mana reservation node if you don't have access to a level 4 enlighten (ie: 4% mana node + Level 3 enlighten = Level 4 enlighten). This is a much more cost-efficient alternative, albeit slightly less optimal. Still good for starting the league, though.

Additionally, the increased aura effect increases our damage and ES anyway, so overall it's not too bad for a necessary investment.

4) The current Watcher's Eye I have in the build is the only thing that will be tough to find. It has Wrath phys to lightning conversion AND energy shield regen while discipline is active. This, for sure, is BiS for this build, and it is always tough to find specific Watcher's Eye combos. If I had to choose between one, I would probably go with wrath conversion for guaranteed BV damage. As amazing as the passive ES regen is, it is not 100% required. Another option would also be "increased ES recovery while discipline is active". I didn't have the chance to test which one would ultimately be better.

5) I fully intend to make space in the build for the Growth and Decay cluster (near the shadow starting area) to get that extra 2% ES regen. This cluster is the difference between sustaining ES while under blood rage vs. not. This is also why the ES regen from Watcher's Eye is so valuable. Without either of these, you will steadily lose a bit of ES during blood rage, which I tend to not like. While on consecrated ground, though, your regen vastly outweighs blood rage...I just like not seeing my ES drop while I'm running around.

6) The new change to Shadow's starting area with the Attack and Cast speed nodes is a really tempting area that makes the QoL of this build way nicer. However, I don't think it's worth making the journey there. Between coordination and those 3 nodes, we get a total of 24% aspd and 18% cast speed which is really good, but at a cost of 7 points I don't think we'll be able to manage it without taking a significant dps decrease. Still, something to consider.

7) I am a huge fan of Warlord's Mark on ring for this build. If you decide to go this route, I would recommend essence reaver to help maintain ES using this curse. If you don't decide to go this route, I would recommend NOT taking essence reaver, and allow the minor leech from Doryani's catalyst to keep your low life pool sustained if you happen to take some damage to it. I intend to go the Warlord's Mark route, however, because I found it to be extremely helpful in sustaining ES (and free endurance charges are certainly welcome).

8) I am still trying to fit in arcane surge to fit with blood rage. It is extremely wasteful to not have this. I don't want to forego fortify on Shield Charge but may have to. I'll have to try and look at my gem organization and figure this one out.

I'll continue to optimize the build based on what I've mentioned here and report back.
Last edited by TheRealTuna on May 30, 2018, 10:57:29 AM
"
TheRealTuna wrote:
Here is a first draft of my Low Life Spark BV Inquis described in the above post (and, of course, originally inspired by Bashtart's version):

https://pastebin.com/XBbMK6yh

All gear is pretty modest and reasonably attainable (no god rolls or anything like that, reasonable ES amounts on gear, etc). Low life is never a cheap archetype, but as far as the equips in that build go, it's pretty fair as a starting goal. It is nice to see, however, that even with modest gear, damage and ES are both solid and that there is even greater potential to improve.

A few notes about the build:

1) It is likely that some +30 stat nodes on the skill tree will be required to wear gear until stats on gear is fully optimized. With that said, it might be necessary to forego some damage nodes (eg: throatseeker cluster, crackling speed cluster, 2 crit multi for 1 crit chance around doom cast cluster, etc) or some QoL clusters (harrier) to compensate for this.

2) Feel free to switch Chayula out for Choir of Storm to check ES / damage changes. Chayula provides significantly more survivability in the form of additional ES and stun immunity while Choir provides significantly more single-target damage and overall dps. I will likely use Chayula for mapping to avoid stun-lock from huge packs and Choir for bosses that are either super beefy or that don't really require additional ES / stun immunity. Ultimately, it will be worth having both to swap between.

3) The sovereignty cluster (near zealots oath on the left) might look a little strange. Allow me to explain. We actually need our nodes organized this way to have sufficient mana to cast with our 4 auras up but also to make sure that our Herald of Ice w/ Onslaught gets up low enough to hit the 35% life threshold. With Level 4 enlighten, if we were to take the additional 4% mana reservation node, that would put us above 35% even with a Level 1 0% quality blood magic gem attached to it. On the plus side, you can forego the "aura effect" node for an additional 4% mana reservation node if you don't have access to a level 4 enlighten (ie: 4% mana node + Level 3 enlighten = Level 4 enlighten). This is a much more cost-efficient alternative, albeit slightly less optimal. Still good for starting the league, though.

Additionally, the increased aura effect increases our damage and ES anyway, so overall it's not too bad for a necessary investment.

4) The current Watcher's Eye I have in the build is the only thing that will be tough to find. It has Wrath phys to lightning conversion AND energy shield regen while discipline is active. This, for sure, is BiS for this build, and it is always tough to find specific Watcher's Eye combos. If I had to choose between one, I would probably go with wrath conversion for guaranteed BV damage. As amazing as the passive ES regen is, it is not 100% required. Another option would also be "increased ES recovery while discipline is active". I didn't have the chance to test which one would ultimately be better.

5) I fully intend to make space in the build for the Growth and Decay cluster (near the shadow starting area) to get that extra 2% ES regen. This cluster is the difference between sustaining ES while under blood rage vs. not. This is also why the ES regen from Watcher's Eye is so valuable. Without either of these, you will steadily lose a bit of ES during blood rage, which I tend to not like. While on consecrated ground, though, your regen vastly outweighs blood rage...I just like not seeing my ES drop while I'm running around.

6) The new change to Shadow's starting area with the Attack and Cast speed nodes is a really tempting area that makes the QoL of this build way nicer. However, I don't think it's worth making the journey there. Between coordination and those 3 nodes, we get a total of 24% aspd and 18% cast speed which is really good, but at a cost of 7 points I don't think we'll be able to manage it without taking a significant dps decrease. Still, something to consider.

7) I am a huge fan of Warlord's Mark on ring for this build. If you decide to go this route, I would recommend essence reaver to help maintain ES using this curse. If you don't decide to go this route, I would recommend NOT taking essence reaver, and allow the minor leech from Doryani's catalyst to keep your low life pool sustained if you happen to take some damage to it. I intend to go the Warlord's Mark route, however, because I found it to be extremely helpful in sustaining ES (and free endurance charges are certainly welcome).

8) I am still trying to fit in arcane surge to fit with blood rage. It is extremely wasteful to not have this. I don't want to forego fortify on Shield Charge but may have to. I'll have to try and look at my gem organization and figure this one out.

I'll continue to optimize the build based on what I've mentioned here and report back.

Sounds pretty cool... keep us up to date :)
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486

Cannot wait to play spark again I will be trying this build next league.

who rip is this build without Overcharge ??

You can still get the 2 % from the minor node. I don't think its that bad without overcharge. The charges are mostly up during map clear but not during bosses anyway and since the spark proj speed, dmg and duration was buffed, it should still clear very well.
Last edited by letteralex on May 30, 2018, 5:12:47 PM
just out of curiosity, do you guys think that elementalist could be another good choice to run this build as well?
I think it will work but wont be as efficient. I think the crit/ignore resist on crit from inquisitor ascendancy pairs well with the crit from tree. Same with the consecrated ground mana regen and mind over matter.

So my opinion in short: Will it work? Yes. Will it be as good? No.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info