[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

The issue with this build and relying on BV for bosses is that there is no instant leech anymore in this build with Vaal Pact being moved. I highly doubt this build will be able to do endgame content without it. ATM, even with a 5L BV, im unable to kill bosses due to them 2-3 shotting me. This build has no good defense that BV requires for you to stand in melee range. You don't leech enough to sustain or kill the boss fast enough to outlast with just flasks.
"
Tomalom wrote:
The issue with this build and relying on BV for bosses is that there is no instant leech anymore in this build with Vaal Pact being moved. I highly doubt this build will be able to do endgame content without it. ATM, even with a 5L BV, im unable to kill bosses due to them 2-3 shotting me. This build has no good defense that BV requires for you to stand in melee range. You don't leech enough to sustain or kill the boss fast enough to outlast with just flasks.

I guess you watched the preview and build guide videos for 3.1. i did not use vaal pact for them... i could kill all guardians deathless and killed shaper in the first attempt but I needed 2-3 portals for him because I am bad st avoiding stuff. So yes build will do the endgame.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
I use BV in boss fights, but even if it means I kill the boss slightly faster how does that stop me getting two shotted?

I think the problem is that for bosses where we have to "kite" (most of them I've found so far) then we can't use BV... Or is that because my BV is too low damage therefore too low leech..?
I'm afraid I have to agree that it`s not very late game viable. It`s a glass cannon good map clearing build that relies on an unoptimized attack skill carrying your boss dps while avoiding pretty much everything, else you're toast. I like Spark, and it's nice for clearing, but i'm going to make another character that is all around stronger for pushing content. For starter build Templar is probably better off going Totems tbh. Slower clear but super safe boss fights.

You *can* do Guardians and Shaper etc on pretty much any build that pulls the required dps to kill off add waves/beat timers, which is almost every build. Just relies on dodging absolutely everything, whith no real safety cushion to compensate for even slight mistakes.
Agree with you. I didn't realise this would be a glsss cannon builr, it is good for clearing trash but it also has its limitations in that regard.
You are crying to much guys, 99% builds in 3.0 use MoM and VP, all of them get nerfed and have their own problems. Game meta was changed and iam sure, every build will find their own path to fix it, this one too. There is lot of capabilities with new rare items.
Iam new with "templar and sparks" and i try to find some solution, its a game not supermarket where you buy things with warranty. I realy like to make something on my own, not only "copy & paste", explore new meta is so pleasurable. I will say it one more time "ITS a GAME, GO HAVE SOME FUN"
Last edited by Balcerr on Dec 12, 2017, 5:15:23 AM
"
Miffy23 wrote:
I'm afraid I have to agree that it`s not very late game viable. It`s a glass cannon good map clearing build that relies on an unoptimized attack skill carrying your boss dps while avoiding pretty much everything, else you're toast. I like Spark, and it's nice for clearing, but i'm going to make another character that is all around stronger for pushing content. For starter build Templar is probably better off going Totems tbh. Slower clear but super safe boss fights.

You *can* do Guardians and Shaper etc on pretty much any build that pulls the required dps to kill off add waves/beat timers, which is almost every build. Just relies on dodging absolutely everything, whith no real safety cushion to compensate for even slight mistakes.

Well I guess you should play a build what suits you better than but complaining about class canon and runing around with tabula rasa seems to be a bit hypocritical. Have fun !

Facetanking without instant leech has become more difficult ... I hope you find what you are looking for.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 12, 2017, 5:15:04 AM
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Miffy23 wrote:

Well I guess you should play a build what suits you better than but complaining about class canon and runing around with tabula rasa seems to be a bit hypocritical. Have fun !

Facetanking without instant leech has become more difficult ... I hope you find what you are looking for.

Not complaining about not being able to facetank mate, the problem is this build will only really be able to actually stand in melee with quite good gear for BV, ergo the ST is just badly optimized. I'm not horrible at dodging either, i've done my share of Shapers etc on various builds in the past. The build would be much better suited to a ST ranged ability for bosses like Barrage, and I was trying to find a Lightning-based alternative but there just isn't a good one sadly.

It's a good guide for Spark, and good effort. I would hesitate to actually describe it as a good starter build though, simply because it will severely struggle with hard bosses compared to many other builds on cheap gear. Once you get good gear and have your Uber done i'm sure it's much more viable. I'm just not going to bother with the effort involved in actually getting Uber etc done on this without great gear.
Do you considered to use blood rage in CWDT set up ?
"
Balcerr wrote:
Do you considered to use blood rage in CWDT set up ?

Not really because I think it is not necessary... normally you will activate it once at the beginning of the map and then it will allways renew itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info