Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

"
Aynix wrote:

I never played support or with support, so tell me one thing. Why the heck support need so much survavility if he is not the one who is going first and killing shit? He just need to be close to give auras, that's all. You are BEHIND other player, do you shouldn't be in such danger that 10k ES isn't enough?

I was playing totems this league with 7.5k ES. Never felt like I need more (maybe in T16 maps/Shaper, in T15 it was more than enough)

depends on the build a auramancer runs usualy in in the middle of the party while avoiding damage and using flask

the VD is the o shit button not olny for me but also my party if i see a party member take heavy damage i press VD but VD comes with a lot of down sides..it needs souls so its very limited in boss fights either you can use it only once or a lot of the time you portal into the boss room and cleared of all souls(like uber lab each time you enter izaros room all souls have gone) so the use is very very limited

a curse guardian have a even harder time he runs in FRONT of the party.

"
Aynix wrote:

Buy VD IS that "ES potion". If they add ES potion it won't add you extra ES, it will only regen your ES. Just like 2.6 Vaal Discipline...

no VD isnt a ES potion....and while they nerfed that added flat ES(i would rather had them reduse is to half or 2/3) im ok with(not that a like it again you can reley on it whole i neever did the shaper fight if they say people use it to use it to tank the shapers beam if so mean its either single use or charges stay when you portal into the shapers room or the trash mobs that spawn gives souls..but i think people that tank the beam dont use VD to tank it they use GR+VP to tank it)

the main point is you cant reley on VD like a with a flask.. it needs souls..you cant hop to town to refill..it cleared on many boss fights off souls..(so useless) so the only thing we have is ZO on tree or

wich again isnt that usefull it regens your ES and while it has charges(so i could hop to ho/town to refresh) i cant turn it into a insta heal like i can with a normal life flask with instant recovery roll.

imo the DEVS are overstating the roll VD plays and took the easy way out becuase if they would have to balance ES vs LIFE it would mean they had to change a lot of skills on the tree and a lot of time thinking on balancing it, nerfing VD was a easy way out (at least till 3.0 so they say)
"
Aynix wrote:

@Dave
Only BS is your post. You are not casual, you are just BAD. As casual player that plays 4-5h per day, after 1 month of game on breach (last month so trading was kinda hard, since everyone had everything already) I got ~30 ex. I spent about 10 ex on my gear and reached 9k ES with barely any ES nodes except those with CI.

casually 4-5h a day for a month? That's casual? 10h/week is casual. Besides not everyone has to be super-duper-pro-nolife-farmer like you :) But I wanna be able to do some higher tier maps without investing 10-30-100ex into gear, not talking about shaper farming deathless or uber atziri.
So am i the only one who's piss seeing the aoe area nerf?

They compared 40% inc to 100% NOW. So this is more then half gone. They mentionned they want more build but just rekt pretty much all melee builds again ( even though they already dead )

"
dave111 wrote:

casually 4-5h a day for a month? That's casual? 10h/week is casual. Besides not everyone has to be super-duper-pro-nolife-farmer like you :) But I wanna be able to do some higher tier maps without investing 10-30-100ex into gear, not talking about shaper farming deathless or uber atziri.

Sorry, but casual player spent 4-5h per day for a game. Noone will balance game for players that plays 1-2h per day.

"super-duper-pro-nolife-farmer" plays 10-12h per day, not 4h.
"
dave111 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

@Dave
Only BS is your post. You are not casual, you are just BAD. As casual player that plays 4-5h per day, after 1 month of game on breach (last month so trading was kinda hard, since everyone had everything already) I got ~30 ex. I spent about 10 ex on my gear and reached 9k ES with barely any ES nodes except those with CI.

I'd like to compare the endgame of PoE to the endgame of World of Warcraft (or any MMO with raid content).
If you're only casually playing 1-2h a day you won't be seeing the hardcore endgame raids like Molten Core or Naxxramas especially not early on in the game.
Similarly in PoE , if you only play 1-2h a day you will probably lack the gear and maybe even levels to tackle content like Shaper early on in the league, it's going to take time.
The only thing that will speed up the progress is if you pick the cheesiest build you can find (CI Bladeflurry for example :P ) because unbalanced builds obviously speed up the progress.
"
Deadbringer wrote:

They compared 40% inc to 100% NOW. So this is more then half gone. They mentionned they want more build but just rekt pretty much all melee builds again ( even though they already dead )

I agree. I'm pissed off beyond imagination.
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Deadbringer wrote:

Actually, it's not as dramatic as you think it is. First, you need to understand, how both systems works.

Imagine a small circle with the radius 1 cm. Because the area of a Circle is A = pi*r²,the area of that cirle is ~3,14 cm². Now you're getting 40% increased radius, so the radius will be 1,4 cm and the area will be 3,14*1,4² = 6,15 cm². With 80% it is r = 1,8 cm; A = 10,17 cm². This is how it now works.

Now to explain the new system:

Our base circle is still r = 1cm with area 3,14 cm². Now you get 100% increased area, which will increase the Area to 6,28 cm², this circle now has a radius squareroot of 2, so ~ 1,41 cm. You see, it is slightly more than 40% increased radius, actually 41%. With 200%, increased area (compared to 80% incr. radius in example above), the area of the Circle will be 9,42 cm² (instead of 10,17cm²) and r will be the squareroot of 3, so 1,73 (instead of 1,80 cm). So you can see that now the increased Area is like 10 percent worse than increased radius, even though we just doubled both values. The effect gets stronger, the more increased area/radius you put in, keeping the ratio of 2,5 (so assuming 1% increased radius will linearly translate to 2,5% increased area.

Its a nerf, yes, but only noticeable when you stack it. It might still be worthy for some builds to put every point in aoe but choice will be harder to make.

Last edited by Zottelfisch on Feb 25, 2017, 1:46:04 PM
"
Zottelfisch wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Deadbringer wrote:

Actually, it's not as dramatic as you think it is. First, you need to understand, how both systems works.

Imagine a small circle with the radius 1 cm. Because the area of a Circle is A = pi*r²,the area of that cirle is ~3,14 cm². Now you're getting 40% increased radius, so the radius will be 1,4 cm and the area will be 3,14*1,4² = 6,15 cm². With 80% it is r = 1,8 cm; A = 10,17 cm². This is how it now works.

Now to explain the new system:

Our base circle is still r = 1cm with area 3,14 cm². Now you get 100% increased area, which will increase the Area to 6,28 cm², this circle now has a radius squareroot of 2, so ~ 1,41 cm. You see, it is slightly more than 40% increased radius, actually 41%. With 200%, increased area (compared to 80% incr. radius in example above), the area of the Circle will be 9,42 cm² (instead of 10,17cm²) and r will be the squareroot of 3, so 1,73 (instead of 1,80 cm). So you can see that now the increased Area is like 10 percent worse than increased radius, even though we just doubled both values. The effect gets stronger, the more increased area/radius you put in, keeping the ratio of 2,5 (so assuming 1% increased radius will linearly translate to 2,5% increased area.

Its a nerf, yes, but only noticeable when you stack it and even than id will not be dead.

my brain hurts. The map has 100% inc aoe radius from 40% . So even with your gg math,the way i see it, if i want to have 40% inc aoe (like before) i will now need 100% to have the old radius. (cleary a huge nerf) . But maybe theres some hidden genius math hidden under all that. still looks like a huge god damn nerf to all melee and a tons of builds.

Oh no right, they buff the fucking melee splash gem right ,kinda funny.
Last edited by Deadbringer on Feb 25, 2017, 1:47:27 PM
"
Deadbringer wrote:

my brain hurts. The map has 100% inc aoe radius from 40% . So even with your gg math,the way i see it, if i want to have 40% inc aoe (like before) i will now need 100% to have the old radius. (cleary a huge nerf) . But maybe theres some hidden genius math hidden under all that. still looks like a huge god damn nerf to all melee and a tons of builds.

Oh no right, they buff the fucking melee splash gem right ,kinda funny.

I strongly assume they will adjust the aoe values in the passive tree and on skill gem to match the new system. My assumption is, that 1% increased radius will become 2,5% increased area, so if you put 3 points for 15% increased radius now, you will then get then something like 36-39 % increased area for your three points

Edit: just read that they will just double the values..but will still be ok with other changes to melee splash etc.
Last edited by Zottelfisch on Feb 25, 2017, 2:07:54 PM
"
dave111 wrote:
"
4thReich wrote:

ES gear isn't so expensive, with a bit of patience you can craft yourself a good 300 helmet, a 650 chest and a 400/450 shield, with that and some passives is easy to reach 9k ES and that is more than sufficent don't be oneshoted and usually are cheap on leagues, for the rest VD and GR still works

That's pure BS mate, no offence. Maybe if you sleep on exalteds sure, but for a casual player like me it's pretty much impossible. Just yesterdays mathil spent like 100-150 chaos and 5 exalteds on freakin gloes to be "somewhat decent" fck that sht if that's cheap. Can't rly afford even a six-link vaal regalia, cuz even the shitty ones are a few ex, so with my gear i have like 4-5k ES. With that can't rly get into mapping other than maybe up to t10 if lucky enough, so there's not that much of a possibility for me to get best drops. VD was a nice boost for me cuz it gave me 8k ES instead of 4k which made mapping easier with bad gear. Now ES builds will be only for the richest, cuz we the casuals will never have the money to spend on gear.

Sry but 4thReich is right. You don´t rly need to spend lots of exalts to buy decent ES Gear these days.

6 links ES body cost much but every 6l item costs tons of chaos and that´s ok.
Just buy decent 6xx ES 5 link (15-20c+) and you will do much better. Got just 4-5k ES? You need to invest more into ES passives.
I mostly play SSF and haven´t played much this league but was able to reach 35xx life 45xx ES (so in total 8k life) with crappy selffound gear (haven´t spend single chaos on it) ...

Just a tip for you (no offense): but watch less streamer´s videos and try to learn the game.

To the manifesto:

I think small steps are better than no steps and will w8 till final patch notes anyway. I think 3.0 will (should) bring significant balance changes (life/es, double dipping and such).
I am looking forward to unique items rebalance though.
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 25, 2017, 2:41:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info