Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

"
The more i think about it the more upset it makes me :/ I have been playing for 4 years casually. I would come on for the leagues and play for maybe 1 week to 1 month then take a break and wait for the next one. Breach is the very first league i have made a character and reached past level 90 because i got good loot/drops and found a build i genuinely enjoyed. (Support Auramancer)

Vaal Discipline helped me out a LOT while leveling and getting better gear over time. Without that large boost in ES players will now be required to have high ES values on gear to make up for that huge loss. A proper Auramancer has to reserve life which means they can't do CI. The builds you think you are "nerfing" will be completely fine thanks to VP+GR insta leech. The builds you completely ignored are about to have a much harder time getting through content or building themselves up.

RIP Temp League Auramancers

This worries me. This is also the first league out of 4 or 5 that I kept playing logged a lot of hours and got a toon over 90. I like playing the aurabot. I already had a new srs auramancer build picked out for next league and I am going to try it out but if it fails honestly I will prob go back to playing a week to see the new stuff then logging out again until the next league. That will be disappointing to me because I was really starting to like this game because I actually got to see high end game content this league. Without the auramancer I go back to being a dps that dies in t10 because I live in the country surrounded by corn fields and bad internet. My ping is always 100+ RIP
"
Dussa wrote:
Energy shield values havent changed... they got nerfed the same time life nodes did. The only change is that more and more people have access to better gear or easier access to chaos spam the best rolls on the best item level.. That's hardly abuse - thats whats supposed to happen, you get the best stuff from the best bases at the highest level. To nerf that is like telling someone, I'm gonna punish you for winning.

Dev's can't balance worth shit.

Imagine chestpiece with 6L that gives you 900-1000 life and resists. Sounds great? Thats what is Vaal Regalia now.
Isn't there like practically no reason to play a health character over a CI+ES one? The current meta right now is kind of like, "play a health character as League starter until you get enough money to fund a CI ES one". Then again, I'm fairly new at the game so what do I know. Seems to me like all the builds that handle endgame content the best alone are all ES.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
This is obviously a bit of a newbie question but when they release a patch with something like this:

"
To improve player choice, we've increased the base damage of many one-handed weapon types across the board.

Does that effect existing items?

I noticed that changes to explicit mods on uniques doesn't effect previously-existing items and that's why there's this whole "legacy" business.

Is it going to be the same way when they change the base item, which normally wouldn't even have randomized stats?

If so, wouldn't that completely devalue every previously-existing phys-oriented one-handed weapon?

Prepare for "legacy 80% daggers" era!

I'm not sure if that answers my question but you may be on to something there...
"
Isn't there like practically no reason to play a health character over a CI+ES one? The current meta right now is kind of like, "play a health character as League starter until you get enough money to fund a CI ES one". Then again, I'm fairly new at the game so what do I know. Seems to me like all the builds that handle endgame content the best alone are all ES.

More then you know. If you look at last leagues ladder (BSC) over 90% of the top 1000 (rough estimate based on public builds) were CI. And everyone talks about how balanced the game is. Its a joke.
The top 50 in Breach were pretty much CI, CI, LL, CI< CI, CI,.......etc.

No idea when they will address Life/Evasion/Armor problems, but its been pretty clear from their silence on the subject that it will be a long time before they do.

Get used to CI we're going to be playing it for awhile.

*And no I don't believe 3.0 will bring any changes. They have had a year and nothing. Balancing life is becoming the latest "trading improvements" for GGG. Keep pushing it off till the next patch till we give up.

"
DrakeMouth wrote:
Let them do there thing guys. Don't bitch and cry. Talk to them. GGG is pretty good at taking in what its players has to say.

I say plz HELP LIFE GGG.

I have had to play ES/CI/Low life ever build the last 4 or 5 leagues and then some. I have great life gear sitting around for years just waiting to get some use.

I'm talking LG
I mean ES=12-16k pool easy with not even great gear. great gear gets you 20k+
Takes 2 3 hit to kill

Life 4800 to 5600. great gear get you maybe 7k 8k if you have a leg kaoms aka not in LG.
1 shot easy if it is ELE and most phy hits as well. Not all thou.

So if you could just help Health a little some way.

THANKS GGG
from Supporter

I have read the whole thread with patience, but i want to quote you because you represent part of the most ignorant people from the community.

Don't take me wrong, i agree 100% that health requires a buff (also armour/evasion/block/oneshot mechanics/i would even add a new mechanic "damage absorption"), but your example is totally out of reality. 12k - 16k ES pool easily with not even great gear? What game are you playing? Even having ES items worth a lot of exalts in Standard, and with over 200% ES increase passive tree, i can barely get 11.5K ES MAX (and using Discipline, without that, 10K). You only have one challenge, 7 forum posts and your profile is set to private, so i guess you only play in Standard, or you are a troll. So i am sure that you might know what i am talking about. You are wrong, only a very few people/builds can reach those 12K es.

Most of the people that comments here are mad and they don't even read... tired of complains like "NO ES // VP CHANGE? WHAT ABOUT LIFE? DOUBLE-DIP? GG RIP THIS, RIP THAT", they don't even think about the changes, they don't even know that GGG have adressed a lot of times that most of those changes are coming in 3.0 and not in patch 2.6... Hell, this only is a part of the FULL 2.6 CONTENT UPDATE. Please learn to read and learn to wait.

And last but not less important, stop crying like is the end of the world. I have lost tons of exalts and fun builds when they do this kind of updates, i have learn to wait and watch builds to try out and maximize or try to think myself how to make something work. Try to do the same or simple, don't play at all.

And it seems everybody forgot about 10 acts, 3.0 and all the work involved in that.
Last edited by Hughs on Feb 24, 2017, 1:28:22 AM
I've been reading through a lot of the responses in this thread and I honestly think people are QQ over nothing. The actual patch notes aren't out yet, so we don't know what buffs to items/new build-enabling uniques/etc. are being introduced to balance out the nerfs here. People are getting their jimmies rustled prematurely imho.

Vaal Haste: A lot of people bitched about the clear speed meta, so GGG nerfed this gem in an attempt to slow things down a bit. Now people are QQ over a nerf to a vaal skill gem which has been part of what is pushing clearing content faster and faster. Can't have it both ways peeps.

Vaal Discipline: The core part of this is still intact; which is that your ES regen can't be interrupted. Still highly useful in tough fights. Only negative thing is the loss of the extra ES, but given that people can easily get 10k ES on the tree + gear, it's not nearly as bad as people think. Everyone has been bitching about nerfing ES, so GGG nerfs a skill gem that gives quite a bit of extra ES as part of that, and now people are bitching about the nerfs they were asking for. Again, can't have it both ways.

Daggers: Crit completely shit-wrecks content in this game and literally the only one-hander that was of any real use were daggers. Naturally, GGG wants to buff other one-handers and nerf daggers to balance the game. Welp, now people are QQ about how they can't get 80% crit on a single one-handed weapon. Never mind that it was dominating the game to the point that it was pointless to use any other one handed weapon. If people really didn't see this nerf coming at some point, they were either blind or new to the game. Daggers NEEDED to be nerfed. I love crit builds like anyone else, but when a weapon dominates the game the way daggers did, it made for very boring, repetitive builds.

AoE: It really feels like people didn't read all of what was written about it and saw "nerf" and started bitching. This was both a buff and nerf at the same time. It was a buff because you're able to get more AoE early on, but also a nerf for those that try to squeeze every bit of aoe out of their build that they can (I'm looking at you fire nova mines. Also, if you're smart, you'll see that there's a potential way around this for at least one possible 2.6 build :P ;) )

Blade Flurry: Anyone that didn't see this nerf coming is either blind or new. Everyone knew this skill was going to get nerfed hard when it came out. You can't have that much dps + AoE + double dipping from poison and pretend to be blindsided when it gets a nerf. It's a good skill, but was way too op compared to the other channeling skills that got released. And again, if you're smart, you'll be able to change your build to make use of it in other ways than just a crap ton of phys/poison/bleed and still be able to use blade flurry successfully.

Let's be honest here, how many people here that are complaining actually theorycraft their own builds? If so, then adapt. That's the whole theme of the game, in case no one was paying any attention. Survive, adapt, grow. Anyone that's been playing ARPGs for a while has come to expect that nerfs are gonna happen. And when they do, simply build around them. It's not nearly as hard as people think it is.

If you don't make your own builds, well then now would be a good time to learn. Because the meta builds that Mathil/Ziz/Ziggy/LNB/Pohx/etc are running right now may well not be viable in a few leagues. That's the nature of a game that undergoes frequent balance changes.

tl;dr version: Wait for the actual patch notes, learn to adapt, and stop crying. You'll be a better person and a better player for it.
Last edited by tacotiklah on Feb 24, 2017, 1:37:33 AM
YOSH!
"
tacotiklah wrote:
I've been reading through a lot of the responses in this thread and I honestly think people are QQ over nothing. The actual patch notes aren't out yet, so we don't know what buffs to items/new build-enabling uniques/etc. are being introduced to balance out the nerfs here. People are getting their jimmies rustled prematurely imho.

Vaal Haste: A lot of people bitched about the clear speed meta, so GGG nerfed this gem in an attempt to slow things down a bit. Now people are QQ over a nerf to a vaal skill gem which has been part of what is pushing clearing content faster and faster. Can't have it both ways peeps.

Vaal Discipline: The core part of this is still intact; which is that your ES regen can't be interrupted. Still highly useful in tough fights. Only negative thing is the loss of the extra ES, but given that people can easily get 10k ES on the tree + gear, it's not nearly as bad as people think. Everyone has been bitching about nerfing ES, so GGG nerfs a skill gem that gives quite a bit of extra ES as part of that, and now people are bitching about the nerfs they were asking for. Again, can't have it both ways.

Daggers: Crit completely shit-wrecks content in this game and literally the only one-hander that was of any real use were daggers. Naturally, GGG wants to buff other one-handers and nerf daggers to balance the game. Welp, now people are QQ about how they can't get 80% crit on a single one-handed weapon. Never mind that it was dominating the game to the point that it was pointless to use any other one handed weapon. If people really didn't see this nerf coming at some point, they were either blind or new to the game. Daggers NEEDED to be nerfed. I love crit builds like anyone else, but when a weapon dominates the game the way daggers did, it made for very boring, repetitive builds.

AoE: It really feels like people didn't read all of what was written about it and saw "nerf" and started bitching. This was both a buff and nerf at the same time. It was a buff because you're able to get more AoE early on, but also a nerf for those that try to squeeze every bit of aoe out of their build that they can (I'm looking at you fire nova mines. Also, if you're smart, you'll see that there's a potential way around this for at least one possible 2.6 build :P ;) )

Blade Flurry: Anyone that didn't see this nerf coming is either blind or new. Everyone knew this skill was going to get nerfed hard when it came out. You can't have that much dps + AoE + double dipping from poison and pretend to be blindsided when it gets a nerf. It's a good skill, but was way too op compared to the other channeling skills that got released. And again, if you're smart, you'll be able to change your build to make use of it in other ways than just a crap ton of phys/poison/bleed and still be able to use blade flurry successfully.

Let's be honest here, how many people here that are complaining actually theorycraft their own builds? If so, then adapt. That's the whole theme of the game, in case no one was paying any attention. Survive, adapt, grow. Anyone that's been playing ARPGs for a while has come to expect that nerfs are gonna happen. And when they do, simply build around them. It's not nearly as hard as people think it is.

If you don't make your own builds, well then now would be a good time to learn. Because the meta builds that Mathil/Ziz/Ziggy/LNB/Pohx/etc are running right now may well not be viable in a few leagues. That's the nature of a game that undergoes frequent balance changes.

tl;dr version: Wait for the actual patch notes, learn to adapt, and stop crying. You'll be a better person and a better player for it.

Good points all.

The best of which is "Wait for the actual patch notes".

It is okay to be concerned by the somewhat vague manifesto that indicates a change you may not like. Maybe it is as bad as you suspect, but, maybe not. Maybe there is another change that offsets some, or all, of the negative effects that you fear.

But seriously, to lose your mind before getting all of the actual specifics is just silly.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Last edited by Dspayre on Feb 24, 2017, 11:56:24 AM
Feels like I'll finally not have to play a cookie-cutter build to get some damn dps! Its the biggest gripe ive ever had with poe. I want a build that is unique and still end game viable! Thanks GGG .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info