Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

You really gonna leave Vaal Pact and Life vs ES untouched ?! Has your balance team still the stance that "life is technically better then ES" till the last 20% of league population is switchting from Life to ES ?

Jesus Christ.

Also, BF nerf is overdue. How could it make BF/BV even in the game. I mean, you design those skills, dont you know how to calculate its possible DPS output? I mean, wtf dudes..
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Nodor wrote:
If I can't talk up fun builds (with you tube video content support) to friends prior to league start, it's much harder to get them involved in the league - and a week into the league, they don't want to start as they feel they are already way behind. (None of them can design builds and I will never convince anyone to play through cruel and merc with something that may not work for mapping.)

The "good builds for this league" video content isn't going to be created (for the most part) prior to the start of Legacy league because the streamers and content producers (and the community) do not have the detailed patch notes in time to create that content. As a result, my league experience will be greatly diminished and the number of friends I will be able to play with will also be greatly diminished. This makes me sad.

In the future, I would appreciate it if the GGG team could provide the detailed patch notes two weeks before the league starts so that the talented content producers could create the video content that enables me to hype up the league for my friends.

You see, there are reasons why they won't do that. For one, a large amount of players want to keep the "T1/GodTier/Top League Builds" a secret until they have an ample supply of the gear for it. Once someone like Ziggy or Mathil does a video on it and shows the gear then that gear goes WAY up in price because everyone wants that build and that gear. A major reason as to why GGG won't show the patch notes early is due to hype and anticipation. If they show everything that will be released upfront rather than trickling information the hype train could quickly lose steam. They know this because they have been working on this game for years and their method works very well. They went from a small group of people to 90+ actively working on the game. You can't expect them to risk a loss in profits as a business. Yes, there is some potential in hyping certain builds before a league starts but there are huge negatives as well. Did you not think about how the market would work around that? The price of the uniques used in the build would automatically be exponentially high which would nullify the entire point of planning out a build if you can't even gear for it. In the end it is best to release this information as close to the release date as possible so that everyone has a shot at finding a stocking in on the *next big thing* before it becomes popular.
Last edited by shinigamiscall on Feb 23, 2017, 2:46:49 AM
"
Astarte911 wrote:
You really gonna leave Vaal Pact and Life vs ES untouched ?! Has your balance team still the stance that "life is technically better then ES" till the last 20% of league population is switchting from Life to ES ?

Jesus Christ.

Also, BF nerf is overdue. How could it make BF/BV even in the game. I mean, you design those skills, dont you know how to calculate its possible DPS output? I mean, wtf dudes..

GGG knows exactly how to calculate the dps, because that's how the game deals damage when you press BF.
"
"
Nodor wrote:
If I can't talk up fun builds (with you tube video content support) to friends prior to league start, it's much harder to get them involved in the league - and a week into the league, they don't want to start as they feel they are already way behind. (None of them can design builds and I will never convince anyone to play through cruel and merc with something that may not work for mapping.)

The "good builds for this league" video content isn't going to be created (for the most part) prior to the start of Legacy league because the streamers and content producers (and the community) do not have the detailed patch notes in time to create that content. As a result, my league experience will be greatly diminished and the number of friends I will be able to play with will also be greatly diminished. This makes me sad.

In the future, I would appreciate it if the GGG team could provide the detailed patch notes two weeks before the league starts so that the talented content producers could create the video content that enables me to hype up the league for my friends.

You see, there are reasons why they won't do that. For one, a large amount of players want to keep the "T1/GodTier/Top League Builds" a secret until they have an ample supply of the gear for it. Once someone like Ziggy or Mathil does a video on it and shows the gear that gear goes WAY up in price because everyone wants that build and that gear. A major reason as to why GGG won't show the patch notes early is due to hype and anticipation. If they show everything that will be released upfront rather than trickling information the hype train could quickly lose steam. They know this because they have been working on this game for years and their method works very well. They went from a small group of people to 90+ actively working on the game. You can't expect them to risk a loss in profits as a business. Yes, there is some potential in hyping certain builds before a league starts but there are huge negatives as well. Did you not think about how the market would work around that? The price of the uniques used in the build would automatically be exponentially high which would nullify the entire point of planning out a build if you can't even gear for it. In the end it is best to release this information as close to the release date as possible so that everyone has a shot at finding a stocking in on the *next big thing* before it becomes popular.

If that was the case, then they can just not release the patch notes details at all and leave everyone to figure it out for themselves. They would just say "patch 2.6 brings changes to items, passive tree and some balance tweaks". Almost everything in the wiki is through player's own detective work, not just posted by GGG for all do see. It's not exactly hard to notice Call of the Brotherhood says only 1% of Lightning Damage converts to Cold Damage when you have trouble killing clearing even low tier map. Besides, the players on the PBE knows about this stuff way before the general player base. One way to keep the hype train going would be to make the new stuff better than the old. However, if they did that all the time the power creep would get out of hand. Instead, they nerf old stuff and reintroduce new stuff at the previous S-tier power level.
Last edited by godlyatheist on Feb 23, 2017, 2:50:50 AM
Just make VP apply to life only imo
"
tarpan wrote:
Just make VP apply to life only imo

That's exactly what VP does.
Last edited by godlyatheist on Feb 23, 2017, 3:16:32 AM
How about removing Expeditious Munitions and replace it with the Master Sapper wheel, as a passive skill tree change? It's rare when a saboteur or any other trapper goes down to pick up acrobatics and even less worth for going down to the Master Sapper wheels current location, but it's the one which wort more to be on the tree.
The changes sound good, especially the improved pathing on the tree.

I would like to request another very important balance change to also be implemented in 2.6.0. This balance change I'd like to request is a major zombie buff. As it is now, a fully linked(minion life/minion res etc) 20% quality level 20 zombie gem has zombies that die faster than level 20 0 quality non-supported spectres. Therefor I'd like to request a major zombie buff, bring zombies on par with how tough spectres are please.

On that note, I'd also like to request for discipline aura to have no range when it comes to minions. As when minions run out of range and back in, the minions start without any energy shield, while the discipline has been active the entire time. This makes discipline aura very ineffective when used with minions. Even just moving as a summoner takes this aura away from the minions.

Thank you!
"
Rory wrote:

The Master Fletcher bow cluster between the Ranger and the Duelist has been removed, and the Avatar of the Hunt cluster has been moved to its old location.

Where was the "old location" ?
Last edited by Hulio225 on Feb 23, 2017, 3:02:39 AM
Yawn, filler league.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info