Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
LMAO!! All these tears. Do you crybabies realize that almost all of these changes have been REQUESTED by the community for a while now?
Community? Don't you mean Reddit? Fellas this is why we don't take advice from reddit.

Nah. I've seen plenty of people complaining about powercreep here on the PoE forums as well. I'm not even active on Reddit. Generally speaking, when there are buffs announced (or expected nerfs not announced), people complain about powercreep (and yes, buffs do happen). When there's nerfs, people complain about them. Either way, the other side mostly tends to be satisfied and so mostly doesn't say a word. People tend to complain more readily - and more extensively - than praise (in games, as in real life too).
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 22, 2017, 8:14:29 PM
Lol all the people complaining about the vaal disc nerf

ONOES I don't have 30k es anymore

Also the regen on it is what the majority of people use it for..
So help out CI builds with leech in the Shadow area and not address Life builds at all??

This is getting sad. Go look at the Ranger Builds forum. 80% of ranger builds are Howa, Blade Flurry and mostly CI. There are only a few bow builds even capable of end game right now and this is balanced?
Why are we not addressing life builds at all GGG? They are so much weaker then CI right now its not even close. I would say in Breach maybe (and this is a GIFT), maybe 10% of the top hundred builds on the ladder were life. More like 5% to be honest.

Its like GGG is afraid to rock the boat and stop the money coming in.

And for everyone who wants to point out "They are going to address it in 3.0", 1. You don't know that. They have not stated anything def yet. 2. Its been like this for a year or more and they have had plenty of time to do it.

And making Thick skin 1 point less to get is not a buff. You have to take all 4 anyways with a ranger life build. And "just use Kaoms" is crap. To make a life build viable I have to give up a 6 link? That only works with certain builds.

Seems like GGG is taking the same stance with balancing life as they are taking with trade improvements.
"We are working on it we swear!!" .......year later "Still working!! We swear!"...........

"
Boskiero wrote:
How have I not seen concern over literally the second sentence.
"Our primary intent is to better enable a larger selection of powerful build types and skill choices."

I feel like this is exactly what the game DOESN'T need. The double-dipping and 5second boss fights should go away and not become a standard by buffing other abilities to be able to do the same.

+1 i tricked myself in to thinking that they are actually gonna balance the game but i guess the thoughts i had with the xbox announcement were right they are going full casual mode and they won't stop, the 2.6 or 3.0 hype is gone for me...
"
visage wrote:

Right. Which is why its stupid they nerfed THE WRONG THING. This honestly concerns me alot, its like the dev team doesn't even play Path of Exile. Nerfing blade flurry instead of poison double dipping? Nerfing the flat ES on vaal disc instead of the overarching problem of how insane leech is right now? Its not the flat ES that makes facetanking shaper a thing, its leech, don't they realize something so simple?

Also nerfing elemental conversion items or gems is straight STUPID. Its ALREADY inneffecient to convert your damage by any means because you're giving up that gear slot or ring or whatever to get that conversion, THEN you can start building your character around whatever damage your converting to and its not even a 100% conversion most of the time. So essentially people trying to make fun builds using conversion are going to struggle alot more than they already are, meanwhile other builds require half as much investment to do the same damage but better. Wat.
Last edited by ProdigyToby on Feb 22, 2017, 8:18:47 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
People tend to complain more readily - and more extensively - than praise (in games, as in real life too).
Well yeah, no one says "Thank you for nerfing me" and "Good, I was jealous of ES" here on the forums. Why would they? That's like being fired from your job and saying "Thank you for making me homeless" and "Good, I was jealous of those starving folks"
Last edited by WizBlizz1994 on Feb 22, 2017, 8:24:47 PM
"
ProdigyToby wrote:
"
visage wrote:

Right. Which is why its stupid they nerfed THE WRONG THING. This honestly concerns me alot, its like the dev team doesn't even play Path of Exile. Nerfing blade flurry instead of poison double dipping? Nerfing the flat ES on vaal disc instead of the overarching problem of how insane leech is right now? Its not the flat ES that makes facetanking shaper a thing, its leech, don't they realize something so simple?

Also nerfing elemental conversion items or gems is straight STUPID. Its ALREADY inneffecient to convert your damage by any means because you're giving up that gear slot or ring or whatever to get that conversion, THEN you can start building your character around whatever damage your converting to and its not even a 100% conversion most of the time. So essentially people trying to make fun builds using conversion are going to struggle alot more than they already are, meanwhile other builds require half as much investment to do the same damage but better. Wat.

the problem with the forum is 90% of these people copy a fotm build then cry over the wrong things and act like its a build / life changing nerf..

Agreed that leech is in a bad place right now, same with double dipping but im almost positive all those big changes are coming 3.0 not in this teaser 2.6 league
"
visage wrote:
"
ProdigyToby wrote:
"
visage wrote:

the problem with the forum is 90% of these people copy a fotm build then cry over the wrong things and act like its a build / life changing nerf..

Agreed that leech is in a bad place right now, same with double dipping but im almost positive all those big changes are coming 3.0 not in this teaser 2.6 league

there is no more hope they are going full casual and won't stop, if they change leech or double dipping they will give us something even stronger the power creep won't stop.
"
ProdigyToby wrote:
"
visage wrote:

Dude, I think that you didn't read the part about why GGG is changing conversion... They want to skills to maintain their core aspects (mechanically or visual speaking).

Everyone use pyre if they want to play a Cold spell based build. But why? Stacking double-dipping damage to ignite. So well, nice, now my Frostbolt/Vortex will now deal most or only fire damage just to get that ignite double-dipping.

I think the problem is not the conversion, but the identity of the skills by itself. People use conversion mostly to get double-dip effects, just because the skill itself doesn't present a good competitive functionality against other skills that have a built-in double-dip mechanic (ex: Flameblast).

I do love cold spells, but they aren't used so often by most builds due to the lacking of competitive damage/utility compared to the skills that have a better one or more of these qualities.

That's just an example, but I do think that conversion "nerf" is need to preserve the identity of skills. As long as they can put these skills in the same competitive levels as other skills, things would get really interesting on build choices.
I'm Razielim, son of Raziel.

"Raziel, you're worthy..." - Elder God
Last edited by jplimab on Feb 22, 2017, 8:37:02 PM
"
EtherBunny66 wrote:
Love how GGG just nerfs what ever build is strong or has caught on.

Like a build you saved up for? Having an awesome time? Well better hope a streamer doesn't catch on because it just gets nerfed.

I hope for all the people defending it, that your stupid, crap build you love get noticed and then gets nerfed, I truly do.

time for a break, to bad I was excited for the changes, instead its just a nerf blade flurry into the ground fest. I'm done for now, fucking ggg .. lets see what the next patch brings

Lol everyone known they will nerf BF after 1st week of breach league xD

P.S I doubt they will nerf my quad ball lightning totem Iniqsitor, since it's not played by 30% of players ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info