Lightning Strike

Does the projectile from LS hit the mob that got hit by the melee? I read somewhere that lightning strike was changed so that this doesn't occur any more, but I can't find a patch note to verify it.

Do mobs you melee with LS get hit twice (first by the melee, second by the projectile)?
no, the melee struck foe cannot be touched by the bolts.
"
Jeremyz0r wrote:
Obstructed by every object, incapable of going over fences/through gates that are littered every where (prison/temple levels), wide arc makes the ability redundant in narrow hallways (half the game) unless you're standing in a group of mobs. Isn't very functional until you've propped it up with several (mana intensive) gems and traits.

Please consider making the ability ride over/around objects or ricochet like spark.

This sums it up pretty well. Lightning Strike, like every other Lightning ability (except Arrow maybe) is woefully bad compared to other skills in its category.

I really like Lightning theme stuff and always try to use it in games where that's an option but honestly I'm pretty sick of trying to make Lightning Strike good when Cleave, Sweep, Infernal Blow, and Ground Slam are all just so much better. Pretty frustrating really.
"
Patsboem wrote:
I made a macro 'shift-q'. so when i hit my q button i can fire lightning strike and my templar stands still. its like a long range groundslam. I think this makes this skill much better for any mellee char so we can have a long range attack without weapon swapping.

How do you do this? I love this ability but dislike having to hold Shift all the time?
lightning strike is melee skill??
does it work arcing blows on melee weapon + lightning strike?

and i wish there are more lightning melee skills.
lightning strike doesn't look like melee skill at all because it shoots things on ground.
there must be more cool looking lightning skills unlike lightning strike.
i really don't like design and concept of lightning strike since i have seen all vide game, animations, movies, animes for 10 years.
this one is the worst lightning skill i have ever seen in my life.
actually this game has no many skills in my opinion.
only one skill to one genre, one concept.
there is no more melee lightning skill for melee weapon.
there is no more Dex, Int melee skill for dagger, claw (but there are two melee skills(cleave, dual strike) for STR weapons) and so on...
i think skills in diablo 2 look more ridiculous and innovated than path of exile.
skills in path of exile look childish and easy, weak.
they don't look super strong especially melee weapon skills.
and lightning strike looks like spell than melee skill.
they need to redesign and rework this or make more melee skills.(and not for only STR weapons.)

and there must be melee skills i can use while i move. something like blade tornado
or i rush into mobs super fast (like long distance pierce stabbing?). i think those developers didn't watch any game or comics or animation or movie or anime. you must inspire other things if you can't make more greater things. no one can live alone without copying others.

there will be many very quality new online games on this year and next year.
like blade and soul, archeage, lineage eternal, mabinogi 2, elderscrolls online etc..
even if path of exile is like diablo 2, if it looks old and boring without any innovated epic skills, i won't play it.. i don't care free 2 play or p2p. all i care is the game is fun or not.

and there must be single target lightning skill or AOE lightning skill without split projectiles unlike lightning strike AOE
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Feb 4, 2013, 6:15:46 PM
if a weapon has elemental damage, for example 1-50 lightning damage, does this damage add to the projectile damage of lightning strike or only to the single target damage of lightning strike?
effects everything of an attack that isn't damage over time or viper strike's charges.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
effects everything of an attack that isn't damage over time or viper strike's charges.

are you answering my question or are you saying something else? Don't get it =/
If I link LS with Chain and use Volls Protector. Will each attack that crits give me 1 charge, or will all targets that chain that crits give 1 charge each, or will each target hits give 1 charge? What if it pierces?
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
"
whrsmycoffee wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

are you answering my question or are you saying something else? Don't get it =/
yes to both of those or's.
accessory raw added lightning damage will go on ALL aspects of any attacks (skill or default attack, melee or projectile) but just not the chaos damage charges made by viper strike. works on explosive arrow's bombs last i was told.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info