Power Siphon

i think that without tree changes you can simply remove ele prolif gem and it should work the same. i dont take any burn nodes, nor use inc burn dmg gem. i scale burn with crit/crit multi and it works very well

my aoe attack does not use ele prolif (gmp/chain/iiq/power siphon) and this is very effective up to lvl 73 maps (map rng hates me..). key to that - power charges. the more the better :)

thanks for the point suggestion, ill try to juggle some of these

edit:

a note. Infernal mantle downside is 100% spell damage taken when low on mana. treat this mod with respect.. it can kill you instantly in some cases. better to turn off one aura when facing high spike spell damage
Last edited by sidtherat on Mar 17, 2014, 6:22:19 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if Power Siphon works with a bringer of rain, as well as the melee physical dmg gem itself when not using bringer of rain. Thanks!
"
bshzh2008 wrote:
Hey guys, I was wondering if Power Siphon works with a bringer of rain, as well as the melee physical dmg gem itself when not using bringer of rain. Thanks!

Melee physical damage gem wont work with ranged skill.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Gem is still plagued by its insane mana cost. At high levels having 100+ mana per attack is flat out unacceptable. Melee and spell caster can aleviate issues like that because of multistrike/echo. Power Siphon just costs way to much mana.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Gem is still plagued by its insane mana cost. At high levels having 100+ mana per attack is flat out unacceptable. Melee and spell caster can aleviate issues like that because of multistrike/echo. Power Siphon just costs way to much mana.

I think the issue is which supports people choose to run Power Siphon with. WED, GMP, and Chain are of course going to skyrocket the cost of the skill.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
Daresso wrote:
"

I think the issue is which supports people choose to run Power Siphon with. WED, GMP, and Chain are of course going to skyrocket the cost of the skill.

As if they have a choice.... Well, you can remove chain from there, not really needed unless you get Atziri's Acuity (so mana cost is irrelevant). Without chain, mana cosst will be quite acceptable (something around 50-70 mana)
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I am experiencing problems to hit with power siphon when it is linked to chain and lmp. The shot seems to get deflected a lot, far more than my power siphon for single targets.

Most often changing position and attacking from a little different angle solves the problem, but i feel in a disadvantage generally cause my attack feels situative and unreliable.

In close combat range power siphon fails to hit extraordinaire and i have to back off to hit, but maybe this is intended. Is it?

Also it seems to make a difference wether i press and hold down the button for continous power siphons while aiming with the mouse cursor at different spots or wether i click the button rapidly. The later hits far better.
Last edited by Sengell on Sep 28, 2014, 8:40:03 PM
"
Sengell wrote:
I am experiencing problems to hit with power siphon when it is linked to chain and lmp. The shot seems to get deflected a lot, far more than my power siphon for single targets.

Most often changing position and attacking from a little different angle solves the problem, but i feel in a disadvantage generally cause my attack feels situative and unreliable.

In close combat range power siphon fails to hit extraordinaire and i have to back off to hit, but maybe this is intended. Is it?

Also it seems to make a difference wether i press and hold down the button for continous power siphons while aiming with the mouse cursor at different spots or wether i click the button rapidly. The later hits far better.

Yeah, desync turn single-targeted skills (like Power Siphon) into a total bullshit.

GGG, i beg you, IMPLEMENT MULTITARGET SKILL FOR WANDS!!!!! Wands should be treated as fully-functional WEAPONS too, not like caster's catalysts only.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Barrage is a multitarget-skill for wands.
"
Sengell wrote:
Barrage is a multitarget-skill for wands.

Barrage is a single-target skill and you know it. All projectiles can hit the same target, and each projectile has no AoE.

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info