Molten Shell

Hi,

I have tested molten shell with the passive "increased buff effect" and it does NOT work.

Can someone else verify this?

Thanks,

-Foe
While there may be a bug regarding this it does in fact work, but keep in mind two things. The tooltip will not adjust to the improved armor now given by it, and the damage of this is not part of the buff but rather the skill itself.
Still need to put a damage cap on the damage enemy monsters do with this skill. It's a huge bane to melee players, and such players already have a hard time with the game compared to ranged.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
Still need to put a damage cap on the damage enemy monsters do with this skill. It's a huge bane to melee players, and such players already have a hard time with the game compared to ranged.

I disagree, even as a marauder on merciless, the goatmen shaman molten shells only take about 25% of my health. You just need to get that fire resist up.

Also it's nice to see an enemy that actually forces you to change up your playstyle a bit... I can just ignore them for the duration or attempt to pop it form a distance with a skill like ground slam.

Now, as for the player skill itself. I absolutely love this ability... it's pretty much my reason for picking marauder.

However I think the armor component's growth is far too low. Early on this skill used to provide a significant portion of my armor and I wanted to use it to help negate damage more-so than to inflict it, but now at level 52 it contributes a laughably tiny portion (about 8% at best) of my armor.
I would agree with the armor being terribly scaled. For caster builds, it is great as they have no armor. But for tanks the progression of armor is tiny in comparison. This is bad as almost all use of this skill is a tank build...
hi just wondering if this skill is a duelist quest reward.
i asked global chat a few times, nobody knew. this info would help for the HC race, thanks.
IGN: Sudoku
When playing solo on my level 55 Templar this is one of my go to skills for damage in Merciless.

I got all the increased fire damage passives from templar and witch sides along with all elemental damage/resist passives in templar and this currently does close to 2k DPS.

Fighting mobs like monkeys I cast molten shell, purposely surround myself with them and BOOOM! all dead.

Actually one of the fastest ways I've found to kill mobs with my build.
S L O W E R
"
docfc wrote:
Does added fire dam. support gem work with molten shell ?

Ive noticed the game recognizes the support link but the tooltip fire damage does not change when link is made. Hard to test if actual damage is working or not, but mana cost is increased.
srdy
Currently at work so have to ask : does Molten Shell works with life on hit / leech life support gem ?

If it's the case, it should be a great ability to use when surrended.
When linked to the totem support, this skill should be cast immediately when the totem spawns (not wait until enemies come in range) and should only be recast when the shell expires to give it a chance to break.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info