[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

In your PoBuilding Pastebin the HC trees both use Elemental Overload, the Softcore one doesn't. Is EO worth it for this build?
Last edited by StrikeQ on Dec 9, 2017, 8:58:28 PM
I have really big trouble keeping up with the STR requirements for the build. Am I supposed not to level Shield Charge and Decoy totem past a certain level? Or do you get STR from your gear later on?
"
Mutaracha wrote:
Why there is not a gear section? What gear should we buy? I was thinking about starting this league with this build.

You can take the gear i showcase here as a reference https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2040911 or if you want detailed gear info you can download the very useful tool Path of building, link is also in this thread, once you've imported my build in path of building (which is super easy), just copy the pastebin link I posted into the first post and paste it into the tool (I explain it in the videoguide in minute 2.40 - 4.30 ish), then you can see detailed gear for every slot, the different skill trees for each leveling phase, and all the skill gem setups.

"
StrikeQ wrote:
In your PoBuilding Pastebin the HC trees both use Elemental Overload, the Softcore one doesn't. Is EO worth it for this build?

In HC I don't go crit because we need more points for survivability, EO is a ton of more damage and is absolutely worth it but only if you dont got crit (I mean it's only 1 Point). To since FNM alone doesn't do a good job of triggering EO without any crit nodes, I would advise you to use orb of storms linked to critical strikes gem, so you lay that down from time to time into huge mob groups to always keep EO up. Also when you go noncrit you can use Controlled Destruction gem instead of crit strikes gem which also gives a lot of damage. So overall the damage you sacrifice by not going crit isn't too much.

There is a little mistake in the HC tree I just noticed, don't go for any power charges or any crit nodes at all. So in the which area you don't take the power charge called instability and in the shadow area you take the 3 elemental nodes (elemental focus) instead of the 3 crit nodes (Assassination).

But whatever you do if you go crit do not forget to spec out of Elemental Overload since crits dont have any multiplier and you would only do as much damage with crits as with your normal hits!

"
kagias1992 wrote:
I have really big trouble keeping up with the STR requirements for the build. Am I supposed not to level Shield Charge and Decoy totem past a certain level? Or do you get STR from your gear later on?

Ok, so that's normal, you don't level shield charge and leap slam to keep the mana cost low but you want to level decoy totem all up to level 20, so you need around 160 strength anyway. Once you go into the templar area you will have enough strength and won't need any on your gear , until then just take 1 or 2 of the 30 Strength nodes along the path, you can spec out of them later.

For reference, here is my current gear in Abyss Softcore, planing to go noncrit until level 95 since jewel sockets are so strong this league, and then switch to full crit + 5 jewel sockets.
Spoiler

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 10, 2017, 2:23:20 PM
War for Atlas is crazy, just saw this on reddit:

Get such a helmet and you can go for a kaom's heart. Would have to go for MoM and change the whole build here and there but holy moly there seem to be a lot of possibilities this league. Wonder what other suport gem combinations can be on shaped items.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 11, 2017, 12:44:17 AM
Have mana problems mate :(
"
MaciegSKlanuf wrote:

Use vaal clarity linked to increased duration and always get highest mana pots
"
MaciegSKlanuf wrote:

Or get that chest with Blood Magic.

And thanks for the built, trying it as my league starter and its awesome.
Thanks for the guide, mate. Having great fun with it in Abyss. Struggled a bit while levelling because i couldn't get vaal clarity, but now it's very smooth sailing

got very lucky on my chest though :
Spoiler

good times!
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip" - Winston Churchill
I'm a total noob, so thank you for this build. The leveling proccess was trully smooth and the best I've had as of yet. The DPS was really great (I managed to get a blue 5L chest really early, which helped a lot). Previous builds I've tried last league where much harder to level up. This was the first time I managed to complete ALL acts solo, without grouping with other people or asking for them to kill a boss e.t.c.

Right now, as the guy above me said, I have some mana problems. Vaal Clarity is great to pop up when against a Boss or a humungous pack or Abyss breach, but I have problems sustaining myself, I guess when I'll be able to afford a 5L Covenant it's gonna be much more efficient.

Right now I'm about to try and cap my resistances. I'm 67 lvl with around 3.7 HP and I've not started maps as of yet. The thing is, I wonder how some affixes work with the build, especially increased fire damage and added fire damage to attacks. It seems to me like e.g. 40% increased fire damage does apply to the FMN tooltip damage whereas added X-Y fire damage to attacks doesn't (could this be because Mining is an indirect form of attack?). Would you suggest I go for the new Abyss Helm and a Kaom's Heart or should I just farm a bit of chaos to get the Covenant for the sustain?

Also how much affinity does this build have to some other cheesy Mine builds I've seen? For example I saw a guy last league who practically had some autocast chain mine build which (apart from lagging my entire PC) could aggro and AFK kill most bosses. Given that your Tree is pretty straightforward (we get all the Mine nodes we can basically) could you see this build also being able to transition into some enormous DPS beast with a decent amount of exalts or do you reckon it should still be a decent league starter for just the first weeks of the new league?
FNM casts a spell, so +x-y to attacks won't work. However, if you're playing in abyss, these beauties should pop up like mushrooms on a damp day in fall:

(the "... to spells" is the key)
same goes for, for instance singularity and mutewind whispersteps. Both have flat damage added to spell:

Not too sure about the last part of your post, so i'll let someone more knowledgeable answer that :)
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip" - Winston Churchill

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info